• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Heartcatch also had Doremi's lead writer, who also wrote for Jewelpet and RPG Densetsu Hepoi.

I found about her in the Ojamajo Doremi 16 book, there are 3 works highlighted Ojamajo, HeartCatch and Onegai my melody( Any info on this one?).
It's a pain in the ass translating names without furigana.
Being
Aiko is still
suffering. =(

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 43

Today we learn what happens when parents let their kids do anything and buy them anything they want. Basically, they become total pricks, like Reika. I have an aunt an uncle like this with one of my cousins. Kid never got in trouble for anything, they bought him an air soft gun and a BB gun and other stuff (even though they're hardly rich), etc. Now he's been arrested like two or three times in the past year when he's like 14 years old.

I have to give Seki-sensei credit (again). She really goes up and beyond for her students. She hears Reika is missing and she gets on her motorcycle and looks for her, as well as getting a lot of her class to help (that may have been too much though, it is nighttime, and they are in third grade). She may not take shit, but she's one of the first to step up for you if you need it.

Ojamajo Doremi 43

Today we learn what happens when parents let their kids do anything and buy them anything they want. Basically, they become total pricks, like Reika. I have an aunt an uncle like this with one of my cousins. Kid never got in trouble for anything, they bought him an air soft gun and a BB gun and other stuff (even though they're hardly rich), etc. Now he's been arrested like two or three times in the past year when he's like 14 years old.

I have to give Seki-sensei credit (again). She really goes up and beyond for her students. She hears Reika is missing and she gets on her motorcycle and looks for her, as well as getting a lot of her class to help (that may have been too much though, it is nighttime, and they are in third grade). She may not take shit, but she's one of the first to step up for you if you need it.

She is a damn good teacher I'll admit. Still being responsible so far.

Monogatari second season - 08

Very good Opening.

And very nice episode full of nice cameos

I'm curious to see how this change affected everything and i'm tired of those cliffangers !

But the episode was very nice at least.

Ojamajo Doormat-ee #11

Don't know why, but I felt a bit emotional watching this episode.

A Hazuki episode, with the extension going to her mother, learning about how her grandmother was strict when it came to money, which led to her mother forcing her desires onto her daughter.

Unfortunately, this episode pretty much stated that
Hazuki is doomed to be like her mother.
Maybe that's why I got emotional.

Too bad it's aired primarily for the young crowd.

That's the only thing I don't like about it. While not 4Kids level of destruction, the anime really tones down some of the violence that goes on in the manga. Hell, blood is completely absent in the anime with the exception of the movie.

That's the only thing I don't like about it. While not 4Kids level of destruction, the anime really tones down some of the violence that goes on in the manga. Hell, blood is completely absent in the anime with the exception of the movie.

It's my biggest gripe with these shonen adaptations nowadays (actually probably as far back as Bobobo) in where it's toned down to the point that it doesn't seem real. Even Beelzebub was rather clean (then again that wasn't exactly a good adaptation. Started way too soon).

Uchouten Kazoku - 08

For an anime that rely heavily how his characters and setting , seeing those characters having conflicted reactions towards an unfortunate events is a good thing ,if the execution is great ..and it certainly was.

So i've been watching Watamote and i'm liking it.
But it sure does make me feel uncomfortable sometimes. Since it really is about a girl with severe social anxiety. I think i'll continue watching it regardless though.

I think I'm liking it because there is quite a bit I can relate to, social anxiety included.

Though the most recent episode was fun because it reminded me of how I spent my summers growing up(specifically when I would go to my dad's for a couple of weeks). Bet he was glad he bought me that SNES :p.

Ojamama Doremi #12

U1Ktbfm.jpg

Majo Heart is probably tsundere, but she can crack jokes!

They failed the test, but our favorite interspecies couple told Majo Heart otherwise that they're very capable mothers.

cnet128

Banned
Uchouten Kazoku 8

Goddamn this show is so fucking good at what it does.

Episode preview seems to indicate that we may
actually get to see Kaisei
next week, though I'm not getting my hopes up.
I'm half expecting it to be an entire episode focused around her, without ever letting us see her face. I'm sure it will be interesting either way, though.

cnet128

Banned
Monogatari SS 8 (Kabukimonogatari 2)

Oh, Ararararararagi. You've really gone and done it this time.

Good job
destroying the world

Also,
if you're going on a trip to the past, you really ought to take the opportunity to see more girls than just Hanekawa in loli form. What about Kanbaru? Or Kanbaru? Or Kanbaru? or your girlfriend I guess. Way to waste a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Though since I daresay you'll have to return to the past soon enough to fix the mess you've caused, I guess there's still time for you to rectify this oversight.

In somewhat related news, massive luls at
Araragi shedding tears of blood from the ordeal of not sexually harassing loli-Hanekawa.

My brother, I feel your pain. Truly you are a man among men.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 44

That Candy Itou is one fine wrestler. And I liked the scene of that girl running into her in the bathroom. But do they really allow them to bite in a wrestling match? That's just barely above kicking a dude in the groin. Luckily such shitty tactics failed.

They should try to make it less obvious what the cursed items are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom