• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free - 01
This anime was refreshing in a way i wasn't expecting ... 'im somewhat intrested in seeing more .

Nice start i guess.

ED is the best

Joe Molotov

Someone link me DTL's impressions. Thanks in advance.

gXVuJvb.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The tweet doesn't really say anything about "in addition." It literally says "PSYCHO PASS will be joining the 2013 Noitamina Lineup Announcement event" so it could mean a movie but it could very well also mean there will be a season 2 in the Fall.
Why can't it just be a rerun of S1?

Cheska

Hola AnimeGAF! So Chet's gifs of the new show Free! convinced me to sign up for crunchyroll. What shows on there are worth watching? I haven't seen SAO, Attack on Titan, Oreimo or anything.

The description for Hakkaden makes it look pretty interesting..

Hola AnimeGAF! So Chet's gifs of the new show Free! convinced me to sign up for crunchyroll. What shows on there are worth watching? I haven't seen SAO, Attack on Titan, Oreimo or anything.

None of those shows, Hataraku Maou-Sama, and that one Goat anime.

Mature

Shin Sekai Yori, Aku no Hana, Space Brothers, Mysterious Girlfriend X and Kids on the Slope to name a few. Also, Hyouka and Tsuritama come highly recommended from this community.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shin Sekai Yori, Aku no Hana, Space Brothers, Mysterious Girlfriend X and Kids on the Slope to name a few. Also, Hyouka and Tsuritama come highly recommended from this community.
Hyouka is not on Crunchyroll.

Hakkenden, Kimi to Boku, Tsuritama are really good.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

What kind of shows do you like? I can give you better recommendations if you mention some genres, themes, or just shows in general that you've liked in the past.

Still, regarding the shows that you're currently interested in, just ask yourself these questions:

SAO - do you like incest?
Oreimo - do you like incest?
Attack on Titan - do you like ince...err...actually, you'll probably like Attack on Titan. It's too slow and the characters are too one-dimensional for me, but most people who aren't hyper-critical enjoy it.

Guys, what is the most American anime I can watch tomorrow?

I'm thinking maybe one of the Marvel anime adaptions.

HEROMAN

Krogan

What a summer it has been for me, I just recently got back into anime after a near decade of not really watching any. Most of the series I have tried have been home runs with very few duds.
School Rumble (English dub) - Top notch comedy, tho I would have liked a happier ending
Ouran High School Host Club (English dub) - I love Tamaki
Steins;Gate (English dub) - The date episode was so much fun
Bakemonogatari - Senjogahara is by far my favorite character in Anime
Hyouka - Amazing music

zeroshiki

What a summer it has been for me, I just recently got back into anime after a near decade of not really watching any. Most of the series I have tried have been home runs with very few duds.
School Rumble (English dub) - Top notch comedy, tho I would have liked a happier ending
Ouran High School Host Club (English dub) - I love Tamaki
Steins;Gate (English dub) - The date episode was so much fun
Bakemonogatari - Senjogahara is by far my favorite character in Anime
Hyouka - Amazing music

You should check out the 2011 and 2012 Anime of the Year Lists. There are some very excellent recommendations and there and are a good barometer of what AnimeGAF thinks of a show.

zeroshiki

I knew it was going to be the Saber gif before I even clicked on the link.

While true that we are excessively negative, when we do take stuff seriously, we produce good results like those lists.

Krogan

Thankfully after watching 2 episodes of School Days looked up why exactly it was so hated and was glad to have been spared the trouble. If I had watched it from start to finish when I tried it I probably would have been turned off from anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom