• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thankfully after watching 2 episodes of School Days looked up why exactly it was so hated and was glad to have been spared the trouble. If I had watched it from start to finish when I tried it I probably would have been turned off from anime.
People have lost the feeling for a good tragedy, I see. :(

cajunator

Banned
So has anyone unleashed a Free! OT to the masses yet?

DTL created a masterpiece.

gXVuJvb.gif

This created a hilarious effect on my phone.
K62fn17.jpg

cjkeats

Hola AnimeGAF! So Chet's gifs of the new show Free! convinced me to sign up for crunchyroll. What shows on there are worth watching? I haven't seen SAO, Attack on Titan, Oreimo or anything.

The description for Hakkaden makes it look pretty interesting..

I like OreImo. It's fun. Have you watched Madoka Magica yet? I remember you thinking about it a while back. That's on there.
and yeah, Toradoa is wonderful.

Oh yeah, and School Days. Don;t get spoiled. It's an adventure.

jbug617

Banned
Free 1

I don't think it was that bad if you ignore the fan service. I like the 2 female characters, I think they are going to be important as the story goes on
especially the teacher. My guess she wanted to be a swimmer too.

So the triangle for this show is going to be
Haruka, Rin and Makoto. The sister might like Haruka but she could be using him to return her brother back to normal.

Can't wait to see how Glasses will fit in with the group.

El Sloth

Banned
Gunsmith Cats.
Episode 17 of Excel Saga.
Dracula: Emperor of Darkness or whatever it's called. Based off the old Tomb of Dracula comic!!
Bacccccaaannnoooooooooo
Wait, I wanna change my vote to Mad Bull 34.
Coyote Ragtime Show? Maybe?
Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, with Yuuya "Top Gun" Bridges of the US Army who reminds everyone constantly that he is American
Might just make a list for a thread tomorrow. If I'm not feeling too lazy. Gunsmith Cats and Heroman are the only things that are screaming "FREEDOM" to me so far.

santeesioux

Back to the new Crunchyroll members thing, what are all of the premium only shows? I know Toradora and Gurren Lagann are, any others? I definitely plan to watch through both of those at least.

cjkeats

Oh yeeeeah.

Oooh. I was thinking generally if anything was my fault, it'd be getting people to watch Precure

I watched the first two episodes of the first precue the other day because you're always talking about it in the IRC.
I like the black cure.

Edit: Meant white cure, Honoka. The one with the eyebrows. Not sure why I assumed they were reversed despite the outfits.

Hola AnimeGAF! So Chet's gifs of the new show Free! convinced me to sign up for crunchyroll. What shows on there are worth watching? I haven't seen SAO, Attack on Titan, Oreimo or anything.

The description for Hakkaden makes it look pretty interesting..

What's up Cheska!

What other anime do you like? Would be easier to make recommendations knowing that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Precure] 23

This was as uneventful as mid-season confrontations go, but that battle with Ilkubo near the end of the episode drives Toei's cheapness deep into my heart. It's a shame most of the fights devolve into MARBLE SCREW BEAMSPAM, because Toei can do some interesting stuff when they actually care. :/

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Futari wa Precure] 23

This was as uneventful as mid-season confrontations go, but that battle with Ilkubo near the end of the episode drives Toei's cheapness deep into my heart. It's a shame most of the fights devolve into MARBLE SCREW BEAMSPAM, because Toei can do some interesting stuff when they actually care. :/

You're almost there. He's waiting.

Narag

I really would like to know what the meeting where she was born looked like. "Blue hair is in with the kids these days."

The whole cast sort of smacked off trying to appeal to everyone. White guy, wheelchair guy, minority, and a girl. Can't be a regular one, gotta be one that's kinda out there and into this occult stuff.

edit: whoops forgot the goatee guy was the other minority

Rayis

I liked School Days, precisely cuz of the ending, oh well.
Also, Fuck yeah Free!, give me all dem homo swimmers.

Back to the new Crunchyroll members thing, what are all of the premium only shows? I know Toradora and Gurren Lagann are, any others? I definitely plan to watch through both of those at least.

Kimi ni Todoke - From Me To You and PandoraHearts are also premium but I can't remember if there are any others.

Too much man shows today. Gonna watch better stuff.

TWGOK OVA Magical Star Kanon 100%

a spirit thing that makes people younger. Kanon is holding an addition for a 'little sister'. I'm my own little sister?

kirinolicklips.gif

So yep plenty of lolis and magic girls.

mgkanon.jpg

mgkan.jpg

elsie.jpg

Articalys

Oh, I totally forgot about last week's music rankings. So, uh... here.

New CD Single

*7, 12,042 *12,042 Zettai Bouei Leviathan ED "Truly"
19, *4,563 **4,563 Aikatsu! OP/ED "Diamond Happy / Hiari/Hitori/Kirari"
44, *2,003 **2,003 Corpse Party: Tortured Souls OP "Hoshikuzu no Ring"
51, *1,527 **1,527 Saint Seiya Omega OP "Miari Saint Seiya Omega ~Saint Evolution~"

New CD Album

12, 17,407 17,407 Shingeki no Kyojin Original Soundtrack
27, *4,523 *4,523 Aikatsu! insert songs "Fourth Party!"
28, *4,483 *4,483 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Original Soundtrack Part.2
43, *2,944 *2,944 Aku no Hana Concept EP "Aku no Kafu"
94, *1,355 *1,355 Chokkyuu Hyoudai Robot Anime theme song and character songs "Kanren Kyokushuu Robot Anime"

Full lists at the link as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom