• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Code Geass R2 ep.15
21_codegeass_ep15y.jpg

Lets just say that I'm extremely confused after the events of this episode. Was that the core power of Geass that he broke? That was all pretty out there shit.. Suzaku is also an ass... Also a shame Rolo is still alive; I like Lelouch's plan last episode.

I hope you like super
moe big giant moe eyes C2, lmao

Clov

Danganronpa 3: Hope Arc

Yes, this was not a very good series overall, and I'll pretty much be ignoring it and counting only the two main games of the series. However,
Ryota not only survived, but he's happy and has friends now! That's literally the only thing that mattered to me about this series. This is literally the only Danganronpa title where my favorite character lived.
I have such mixed feelings about this...

Danganronpa 3: Hope Arc

Yes, this was not a very good series overall, and I'll pretty much be ignoring it and counting only the two main games of the series. However,
Ryota not only survived, but he's happy and has friends now! That's literally the only thing that mattered to me about this series. This is literally the only Danganronpa title where my favorite character lived.
I have such mixed feelings about this...
Did someone die in Danganronpa 2? Or in any Danganronpa game beyond the first one?

Clov

Did someone die in Danganronpa 2? Or in any Danganronpa beyond the first one?

I guess if we're taking this as canon, then no! Asides from AI Chiaki, I guess? There's also some of the relatives from UDG but I'd rather ignore that one too TBH.

Line_HTX

Re:Zero 19-21

This is like a 10-man raid dungeon boss fight with extremely aggravating gimmicks and multiple phases. I'm happy for Wilhem and gotta admit, that flashback to seeing the Master Swordswoman was bittersweet.

Crusch is pretty amazing as a commander and nice choice of motivating dialogue to spur on the troops, lmao

Re:Zero 19-21

This is like a 10-man raid dungeon boss fight with extremely aggravating gimmicks and multiple phases. I'm happy for Wilhem and gotta admit, that flashback to seeing the Master Swordswoman was bittersweet.

Crusch is pretty amazing as a commander and nice choice of motivating dialogue to spur on the troops, lmao
I have to say, if there's one thing they did right with Crusch, was creating a strong female character that you cannot help but feel respect for. She was an intelligent candidate too that was loved by her people.

Cornbread78

Soredemo ep.11
You gotta laugh at the timely fanservice they try to shoehorn into the show at times.. Hotori is definately havibg a rough summer, lol.

Cornbread78

Soredemo END
I have no idea where that final episode came from randomly with it's more dramatic take, but alls well that ends well, I guess. There was comrdy in the end, lol.

Overall, the show was pretty fun, even without a central plot or storyline; it ended up being a bunch of semi-related skits thrown together based on Hotori's wacky life in the town. I kinda wish they pursued any of the storylines they presented, but you could tell they skipped around the manga quite a bit and actually told you as much when a skit switched, lol.

blurr

while this isn't wrong advice, I would call it misleading.

really the movies feeling and the tv series is really different.

it's like stargate the movie vs stargate sg1

some characters are drastically different, and the overall feel of the series are drastically different.

so you can easily end up liking one and disliking the other.

for me the movie is like an unpolished idea with a large focus on art, while the tv series feels way more polished and focused that focuses on a story and characters instead of art.

My interpretation of the universe involves the world, characters and its rules that is encompassed by a "story" which is what the TV series focuses on so...

ibyea

Banned
Dangaronpa 3 - Despair: 11
The "class graduation" scene would work out well if the show didn't suck so much. This final episode was so utterly forgettable.

Danganronpa 3: 24
It wasn't a bad episode, but the revelation of the previous episode brings the whole thing down. How can the conflict even matter after that. They talk about atonement, but what is there to atone for?

Wellp, that's that, the anime was totally not worth being made. I will just take this despair as a stepping stone towards a greater hope, Danganronpa V3.

Eumi

You know that laugh Nagito does that's 90% of why he's the best character in the series?

I understand it a little better now.

DR2 fan service was stupid but fun, it completely ignored the themes of the series for the resolution but honestly I liked it better than the rest of future so I'll take it.
Shame the DR2 cast didn't get redesigns but that would be a lot of work. At least they gave Nagito a robot arm.

DR1 stuff on the other hand, holy FUCK. Like, Jesus Christ this is fanfiction. And not the fun kind.

Also, Makoto didn't actually do anything in the entire series to help solve the problem, he could have died ep1 and nothing would have changed. Which isn't a great thing to realise about a show's main character.

Qurupeke

Grimgar [END]
KIkzi0e.png

A witch a day keeps the doctor away.
Decent and pretty looking show. For such a commonly used formula, it felt really refreshing. It certainly had its faults, I agree with most of the things people have pointed out in this thread, but the more "SoL" approach and the premise of totally inept characters becoming slowly better made the show quite enjoyable. I'm kind of impressed that despite not having a lot of world building, they exploited a lot of little details.
For example, the old priest had said that people become zombies when they don't get a proper burial, which happens a few episodes later. There's also that light stream power of Haruhiro.

I guess a second season isn't happening, but I'd be there for it.

I'm 6 episodes into Thunderbolt Fantasy and I still don't know anyones name.
I only remember some of the nicknames

One eyed impaler

Screaming killer phoenix

Night's Lament

Enigmatic Gale

Dragoon guy is Frost...Winter....something to do with the cold and lances, no wait his name is Juan, I remember that.

The last two are just girl and guy, the latest episode changes things for guy though.

Kemono no Souja Erin - 26

One of the best portrayals I've seen in regards to a human fostering a wild animal and building a close relationship, even if it's a fantastical beast. Quite touching at times.

Also, Yuuyan is da best.

Szadek

I'm shit at remembering names, but it doesn't really matter as long as I can recognize them and can tell when other people are talking about them.

Cornbread78

Wow I've been gone from this thread for a season and a half and now I find out Cornbread hasn't finished Geass yet.

Sorry, Trails of Cold Steel takes most of my spare time away. I abandomed my Vita laat year, so it needs all the love it can get now, lol. I'll be done next week probably (10 eps left)

Don't worry, we're all ashamed of him in our own unique ways.

Ouch

And honor and shame are the most important parts as we all know.

There's no honor in this thread.

Plenty of shame to go around though.

Oh.. nice, really nice, lol.

Sölf

Nyanbo! 01
That was nice, short and sweet. Much better than Bananya. AND IT HAD AN ANIMATED YOTSUBA IN THE CREDITS!!!! <3<3<3

Jintor

perhaps a legacy of Prussian influence over meiji era education and social reform than anything strictly war related (though obviously that they were part of the war I bet influences a lot of counter-cultural otaku subculture)

war/battleship/tank otaku etc fascinate me because I feel like a lot of the military/gun otaku that I see represented are almost apolitical generally speaking. of course being apolitical is itself a political decision but there seems to be a lot less overt ultranationlists who are also military otaku. people who are, like, tank otaku or hwatever are like... purists. it's all about being the best technical specs or performance or being good at being a tank, and never about the aims behind actually having a tank

of course i say this as someone who can't easily read japanese forum threads, so what do i know

Cornbread78

perhaps a legacy of Prussian influence over meiji era education and social reform than anything strictly war related (though obviously that they were part of the war I bet influences a lot of counter-cultural otaku subculture)

war/battleship/tank otaku etc fascinate me because I feel like a lot of the military/gun otaku that I see represented are almost apolitical generally speaking. of course being apolitical is itself a political decision but there seems to be a lot less overt ultranationlists who are also military otaku. people who are, like, tank otaku or hwatever are like... purists. it's all about being the best technical specs or performance or being good at being a tank, and never about the aims behind actually having a tank

of course i say this as someone who can't easily read japanese forum threads, so what do i know

You mean, like this place:

stzbNev.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom