• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sumo working on "one of the most successful driving franchises of all time" (Sim?)

Rulp

Outrun? Daytona? Sega Rally? SEGA!?
Don't worry guys, I am ready to be disappointed again. Let me just get comfy first.

If it is Outrun, I will become sick with joy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How successful has PGR been? :(

All the games I feel Sumo would be good for like PGR and Rallisport Challenge, are probably unlikely and don't qualify as close to top tiers in success.

DocSeuss

My first thought was "Sim Driving? What?" because that's how bad simulations have been lately.

I'm jonesing for Microsoft Flight Simulator XI. It never came, man, it never came! And ACES... is... dead, and now their replacement is making a scuba game.

Shinta

Banned
I really hope they got asked to do F-Zero for Wii U. Doesn't sound like it though based on the listing.

DiscoJer

In my wildest dreams, they would be doing a Gran Turismo port for the Vita

They did brilliant work on the PSP.

Sony likely can't be bothered to do it, or do a good job of it (See GT:pSP), but Sumo could do a quality job.

Sony continues to trim the fat. Outsources next gen GT to Sumo while axing Polphony due to their slowpokeness.
Just Kidding.

OmegaDL50

Since we are talking about Sumo Digital which has some former employees of Bizarre Creations on board so let's not forget they have some key people that worked on PGR and Blur, so consider that talent pool.

Sumo Digital also developed GTI Club+ for Konami, Of course their work with the various OutRun 2 releases also shouldn't be ignored.

Another GTI Club, OutRun, or their own take on something like Metropolis Street Racer / PGR are all possible.

EvB

Could they be doing the next need for speed now that EA moved those resources to battlefield?

Stronty

Since we are talking about Sumo Digital which has some former employees of Bizarre Creations on board so let's not forget they have some key people that worked on PGR and Blur, so consider that talent pool

Fur Fighters 2:Cell Shaded Fluff Race

Let's be logical about this. The most successful driving franchises:

Mario Kart
Gran Turismo
Midnight Club
Driver
Burnout
Asphalt
NASCAR
Project Gotham Racing
MX vs. ATV
Test Drive
TOCA Touring Car
V-Rally
Forza
Motorstorm

Raitaro

Glad to see my work here is done. Are you listening to the world SEGA!?!?:

OutRun will come back to steam! hhh hnnnngggg

OutRun 3 confirmed

Probably OutRun or Sega Rally

I would be happy with this, Daytona, or Outrun.

I'm gonna go with Outrun. Serious Petrol Heads would want to put a 458 with a blonde chick in the passenger seat.

Outrun would be cool. Being a running series with diverse vehicles really limits what this could be.

Gotta be Sega Rally or Outrun.

Outrun 3 please

If it is Outrun, I will become sick with joy.

I'd put my money on Outrun.

Let it be OutRun. I need a new OutRun.

OutRun or Sega Rally would be pretty fantastic.

I want a new Outrun so bad. Give me those next gen blue skies.

If it's OutRun 3, I'll squeal like a little girl.

I'm betting on OutRun. Sumo seem to have a thing for OutRun and worked on the franchise previously, so what I'd place my bets on. And what I now am hoping is what this is.

If it's a SEGA game, it's gotta be either Sega Rally or OutRun.

Please be Outrun!

It's time to release that Splash Wave of Outrun magic in a Magical Sound Shower of Cannonball Running awesomeness! SUMO GET BACK TO YOUR ROOTS AND GET TO IT!

(Please don't turn this Godly man's smile upside down by letting this news be a simple Passing Breeze...)

W6XY97J.jpg

((Oh, and release Outrun and Turbo Outrun as 3D Classics on 3DS as well while you're at it please.))

amardilo

I think it's a new PGR. Well I hope it is.

If not I want a return of an old SEGA racing franchise like SEGA Rally. But I have a feeling this could also end up being a new Sonic All-Stars game but with real cars that transform in to planes and are driven by SEGA characters.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
jesus - looking at their game history I don't care what they make. As long as it involves cars I'm buying it day one.

Outrun 2 (PS2); Outrun 2 SP (PS2); Outrun 2006:Coast 2 Coast (PS2)
TOCA Race Driver 2 (PSP); TOCA Race Driver 3:Challenge (PSP); Race Driver 2006 (PSP)
Driver '76 (PSP)
GTI Club + (PS3)
Outrun Online Arcade (360)
F1 2009 (Wii)
Sonic all-stars racing (everything)
Split/Second (PSP)
Sonic all-stars transformed (everything)

Fezan

So either Grand Turismo Horizon or Next NFS . NFS is more likely as ghost studio was recently shutdown

JP

Please let Crash Team Racing be one of the most successful driving franchises of all time!!!!!!!!!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Considering Sumo has worked with Sony in the past on a Vita version of one of their franchises (LBP), I'd really think it's Gran Tourismo Vita. I'm quite sure it's not an arcade-racer, it definitely reads like one of those "look how many cars we have"-sims.

leehom

I'm in the minority, but please be initial D arcade. I would buy three copies to show my support and play the ever living shit out of it. I absolutely adored and loved the arcade version. I even imported the subpar PS3 version =/

mclem

My gut's saying *not* many of the things that are listed, because one part that's key - to me - is "wide variety of vehicles". That suggests something beyond simply cars.

Top Bottom