• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

FrankT

Since I don't want to unfairly poke fun at a game I've never played, I decided that this would be an acceptable alternative.

Bsw4gRf.gif

Freebie
UWZLACo.gif

Nibel posted a pic of Antonio drinking Overcharge. I just gif'd it.

Dying.

Lmao

SpeedNut

Did this game hit the midnight release train or not? Have just found mixed messages and nothing official anywhere. Had a shitty weekend and am ready to wreck shop.

For those who don't know.

fb99075b20df287e3bc0679e7272f684.png

Seriously, go to this. I went to the release party for Destiny, they had free pizza and drinks, you could play the game, and they had a raffle for Xbox One stuff. I won a pair of XO Seven Turtle Beach headphones that were worth $160 dollars.

quoting for next page.

Good! Love the great reviews even though i am not a X1 owner. I just feel personally X1 owners have had enough slapping around that it's time for them owners to hold their heads high with...not that I am saying there are not other reasons to be proud to be a X1 gamer but it's games like this and QB that make it the kind of underdog system to root for these days. Heck i was once a long time Xbox loyalist myself but i am back on the Sony bandwagon but if MS keeps pumping out enough of these games i may just have to buy me a used X1 or a new model when the price is right.

Right now i have so many PC games on my backlog and a few upcoming PS4 games i will be getting that i just cannot justify my mind to pick up another console quite yet when i am so behind with a slew of titles already.

Anyways....congrats to X1 owners, i am truly jealous

It's funny, I have all the consoles(Wii U too) and have had them since launch and I'll say my PS4 is the least used. XB1 has had better first-party games since launch. I judge most consoles on their exclusives as I priamrily play on the PC. PS4 may be selling better, but there's better exclusives on Xb1 and Wii U right now. I literally have nothing I want to play on the PS4 until Feb. as all multiplats will look better and run better on my PC. I wouldn't feel sorry for Xboners, they have the better console right now.

Sydle

quoting for next page.

Are all MS stores doing it?

Kind of tempted at the possibility of free stuff even though I have the digital version pre-loaded.

EDIT: The one in Austin is doing it, doesn't start until 10pm. I think the game unlocks at 11pm CST. Oh well.

Kuro

Maybe GOTY? Havent played it yet so can't say but definitely looks like the best new game of the year for me. The art style looks straight from a Pixar movie from the helicopters to the buses. I can't see a AC or COD winning GOTY. This looks most refreshing out of all the games and the traversal looks like a blast with the effects, colors, combos, and ease and new. The art alone is an impressive achievement in this game compared to the all Greyson in many titles.

No way, that will be for either Bayonetta or Smash.

Congrats to Insomniac. This looks like a really fun game and really reminds me of something from the Dreamcast era. Glad they were able to develop a new IP that combines a lot of their best elements.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play it though.

RoKKeR

So are the pre-order items, well, worthwhile at all? The impulse side of me wants to just pull the trigger but if I wait until Wednesday it's less money out of pocket given my setup with Amazon gift cards and what not.

Seems that they are just some weapons/costumes?

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Good to see Insomniac do so well after the train wreck that was Fuse. Actually now that I think about it, Sunset does remind me a lot of the original Overdrive trailer, or at least it's closer to it than Fuze ever was.

Top Bottom