• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Review Thread

I'll be making the character I always make. An albino named Alphonse Bino (Or Al Bino if character restricted). But during the hours of justice he doubles as a mexican wrestler called El Pollo Loco with his mighty guitar of justice to kabong zombies.

This is scarily detailed. But you will be happy to find out that
the lucha mask is one of the starting head items

Deep Crow

Neo Member
So does anyone know if you can tweak your character's body type, face, etc after you start the game?

Saints Row does an awesome job of letting you update whatever, whenever and I'm hoping this does the same.

So does anyone know if you can tweak your character's body type, face, etc after you start the game?

Saints Row does an awesome job of letting you update whatever, whenever and I'm hoping this does the same.
I believe you can change body types even to the opposite sex not sure about face types though

ironcreed

Banned
Since I don't want to unfairly poke fun at a game I've never played, I decided that this would be an acceptable alternative.

Bsw4gRf.gif

Freebie
UWZLACo.gif

Nibel posted a pic of Antonio drinking Overcharge. I just gif'd it.

GAF is like a fine wine. It's just gets better and better.

noonche

Yes, you can complete remake your appearance after you start the game. You'll go to Callista (the vanity vendor) to make the changes.

You can customize anything and everything about your character at any point in the game. Body type, gender, face, eye, hair, clothing, all of it. There's even a loading tip that says you can change anything whenever because it's the apocalypse.

now you know why I've been so confident in the SO threads.

I love this game. It's one of the best games we've ever made.

excited for everyone to get to play it!

Would it be inappropriate to say "I love you"? <3

I can't wait until this game unlocks. Been looking forward to it all year.

Flintty

It's ten to midnight in UK, I'm in bed and cant sleep. Tempted to go downstairs and get this pre ordered on US store so I get the PO bonuses and can play when I get in from work tomorrow. Decisions!

Hawk269

Don't know if I want to stay up to see if it unlocks on time got really annoyed with FH2

I don't remember if the listing on the Xbox Live Store was as clear as it is for Sunset versus Forza. I just checked 5 min. ago and according to the Store via Xbox Live, the game is suppose to unlock at 12:01EST, so for me that is 9:01pm PST.

I don't remember if the listing on the Xbox Live Store was as clear as it is for Sunset versus Forza. I just checked 5 min. ago and according to the Store via Xbox Live, the game is suppose to unlock at 12:01EST, so for me that is 9:01pm PST.

It was the same for FH2...12:01 AM EST...but there were some issues with a lot of people not getting it unlocked until a few hours later

JSR , with a bit of Crackdown and some R&C from what i've seen so far.

JSR would be last on the list I think

Weapons, all the jumping off stuff, boss fights, an the rail grinding is from Ratchet. Maybe some art feel tips from JSR. Horde mode gameplay from Dead Rising. Combo stuff feels like Tony Hawk or some Devil May Cry influence

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
After watching some reviews/streams, I'm wondering am I the ONLY person who's going to play this and make at least an attempt at having a normal/attractive avatar?

Just seems like most videos the people go for making the most jacked up characters...
I'll be going for the default Mohawk guy from the ads and art. He fits the theme, I dig the concept, and he is sunset overdrive to me. May dabble in the wardrobe department semi frequently though

Hawk269

It was the same for FH2...12:01 AM EST...but there were some issues with a lot of people not getting it unlocked until a few hours later

Ok. I could not remember how they listed it for FH2. I know for FH2, I was playing shortly after 9pm PST, but remember how some it did not unlock. I think it was like 10-15min after 9pm that it worked for me. I am hoping for the same as I leave around 9am tomorrow for a few days with my wife (mini-vacation) and want to at least check it out for an hour or so.

Ok. I could not remember how they listed it for FH2. I know for FH2, I was playing shortly after 9pm PST, but remember how some it did not unlock. I think it was like 10-15min after 9pm that it worked for me. I am hoping for the same as I leave around 9am tomorrow for a few days with my wife (mini-vacation) and want to at least check it out for an hour or so.

Yeah, I was one of the ones that had to wait for all of the issues to get fixed before it worked finally. I have my fingers crossed this goes smoother tonight.

slapnuts

Good! Love the great reviews even though i am not a X1 owner. I just feel personally X1 owners have had enough slapping around that it's time for them owners to hold their heads high with...not that I am saying there are not other reasons to be proud to be a X1 gamer but it's games like this and QB that make it the kind of underdog system to root for these days. Heck i was once a long time Xbox loyalist myself but i am back on the Sony bandwagon but if MS keeps pumping out enough of these games i may just have to buy me a used X1 or a new model when the price is right.

Right now i have so many PC games on my backlog and a few upcoming PS4 games i will be getting that i just cannot justify my mind to pick up another console quite yet when i am so behind with a slew of titles already.

Anyways....congrats to X1 owners, i am truly jealous

abadguy

Banned
JSR would be last on the list I think

Weapons, all the jumping off stuff, boss fights, an the rail grinding is from Ratchet. Maybe some art feel tips from JSR. Horde mode gameplay from Dead Rising. Combo stuff feels like Tony Hawk or some Devil May Cry influence

Racking up traversal combos are definitely JSR.

This game looks like just a ton of fun. I ordered it on the Microsoft store today but have no idea when I'm gonna get it. When it comes to this new generation, I think this game is going to take the cake.

This is the highlight of the current generation in terms of creativity.

Hubble

Maybe GOTY? Havent played it yet so can't say but definitely looks like the best new game of the year for me. The art style looks straight from a Pixar movie from the helicopters to the buses. I can't see a AC or COD winning GOTY. This looks most refreshing out of all the games and the traversal looks like a blast with the effects, colors, combos, and ease and new. The art alone is an impressive achievement in this game compared to the all Greyson in many titles.

abadguy

Banned
hehe, 10/10
although antonio could just be watching something like this in his monitor:
VwATRcM.gif

now where is that yosp-deras gif?

I watched that Giant Bomb play through up to this part then i turned it off. (Don't want to spoil myself too much) The guy playing hinted at some really crazy boss battles later in the game.

a.wd

To anyone who has played it can you grind up Lamp posts?

If not, insomniac guys is that something you could add in (along with jsr rollerblades?).

valeo

Looks like a game that gets better the more used to the traversal you get. The Giant Bomb QL sold it well. Too bad I've got no Xbone..

Top Bottom