• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros for 3DS - First week sales over 1 million (including eShop)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Nice one, so this mean that Smash Bros has the potential to generate a lot of profit for Nintendo with the 3DS/Wii U version and Amiibo sales.

And that isn't taking into account the number of people buying the system to play the game.

Uh, duh. Brawl doesn't have playable Rosalina.

rosalina_by_ge_b-d7bovb3.jpg

I can't wait to play as Rosalina best Nintendo goddess ever.

Ok they DEFINITELY need to offer something people can't turn down for the Wii U version in Japan, otherwise people there may very well be content with this version (Japan is a handheld country).

Hint: If both versions have the same roster, why buy the Wii U version?
please sakurai

I don't think this problem will exist in the west but it very well could in Japan.

I am sure that the Wii U version will have extra mode that the 3DS version won't have and there's also stages being different.

Real-bullet-bill-real-attack.gif

Is there anything about this game that isn't glorious?

Yeah, when I lose a match. -_-;

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
3DS version already outsold Wii U lifetime sales in Japan? Probably.

Deserved though, the demo alone feels a lot better than Brawl. Can't wait for the NA release
on Wii U

Grampasso

3DS version already outsold Wii U lifetime sales in Japan? Probably.

Deserved though, the demo alone feels a lot better than Brawl. Can't wait for the NA release
on Wii U

As did Yokai Watch 2. Are you comparing Smash 3DS sales with WiiU HW sales? I don't get it

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to me he's comparing sw sales

He's probably talking about Smash Bros WiiU LTD in Japan.

Yeah, I meant the Wii U version of Smash. I doubt it will break a million in Japan, in fact I think it would do well to launch at a quarter of that and it probably won't have significant legs. 3DS version is going to cannibalize it big time over there.

I think the 3DS version is also going to hurt Wii U version sales in the west, but not as much since portables aren't dominant here. I think it lost a big chunk of it's system selling status though, why buy a Wii U + Smash when you already have a 3DS.

Very good sales. I doubt the Wii U version will even touch the 3DS version in Japan.

But as far as I am concerned, just based upon my interactions with the demo -- the Wii U version will be far superior due to controls.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seeing that horrendous Ice Climbers thread makes me shake my head, but then on the flipside, knowing that this game selling well will probably make certain posters hard to sleep at night judging by that thread.

I'm still surprised some posters there aren't banned yet, especially when their actions are pretty much obviously trolling at this point.

Top Bottom