• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Japan Demo Impressions

What's that nonsense that's been floating around about the leaked roster being final?

It's pure speculation, but you can see where people are coming from.
People think that they used the AKB48 because the Miis = 48 and the rest of the cast = 48.
The coincidence in numbers is making us wonder.

Roo

There seems to be a lot of shitty rumors so for now I'm only updating the thread with Zipzo's info.

Fierce deity?

22j6px3.gif

FUCKING FINALLY!

Everythign else sounds cool too.

So two things:

If Pit doesn't have a black alt, Dark Pit is in
If Fox has a Wolf alt, Wolf isn't in

I believe it was confirmed a while ago that Pit doesn't have his dark alt color. Can't give you a source for this though, but I remember seeing a video of someone cycle through his available colors.

I believe it was confirmed a while ago that Pit doesn't have his dark alt color. Can't give you a source for this though, but I remember seeing a video of someone cycle through his available colors.

I mean, it's not conclusive or anything, but damn is that a sign. Black Pit costume in Brawl was great

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, If you are thinking of E3 Demo then Demo only have 4 colors each characters. So E3 Demo wasn't complete tho.

Crayolan

I feel the mods should put a *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* tag in the title. Some people view alt costumes as spoilers, especially when some of them are entirely different characters.

Anyway, this stuff is awesome. Fierce Deity Link especially.

El Sloth

Banned
The AKB48 thing is amazing and hilarious.

Although I couldn't help but hear Cartman's "how do I reach these keeeeeds!" in my head.

Well, If you are thinking of E3 Demo then Demo only have 4 colors each characters. So E3 Demo wasn't complete tho.

Thank God I have you people to set me straight.
Thanks man. Now I get why we're going crazy over all these new color/costume details. I was thinking for a moment, "How have we not seen/heard of these yet?"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thank God I have you people to set me straight.
Thanks man. Now I get why we're going crazy over all these new color/costume details. I was thinking for a moment, "How have we not seen/heard of these yet?"

If that information about Alph being true then Koopaling is pretty much confirmed, imo.

I feel the mods should put a *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* tag in the title. Some people view alt costumes as spoilers, especially when some of them are entirely different characters.

Anyway, this stuff is awesome. Fierce Deity Link especially.

Something that is available THE SECOND YOU BOOT UP THE GAME IS NOT A SPOILER

Also

IF ITS IN THE DEMO ITS NOT A SPOILER

lupinko

This thread gave me a heart attack, I thought the demo is up on the Japanese eshop.
Sadly, the closest demo locations are quite far from where I live. :(
Why not Ikebukuro!

What? It's not eshop?

Where is this at anyway, though I live in Sendai and not Tokyo like you folks.

From Zipzo at Smashboards

Peach's butt bomb is hugely buffed. It has barely any startup time anymore.

link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link... But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he's dark colored clothing. There's also a white and blue link.

toon link has the four swords colors + old style link color, the black with red eyes.

there is no Melee dash dancing. It's incredibly hard to do with the circle pad but it's essentially the same thing as brawls. IE not super useful or practical.

I retested ledge mechanics.

I WAS RIGHT. I used megaman this time and reaffirmed my experiences with Ike.

There is a short and small window of time after dropping from the ledge that the ledge becomes "immune" to your grab.

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUMP MECHANIC. It was completely individually on the character. It is not very apparent on characters with flips for 2ndary jumps, as the ledge grab action waits for the flip to finish and the window for "ledge immunity" seems to end before the flip animation does. Megaman and Ike do not have flips, and it was impossible for me to the ledge after jumping/falling off it for a period of time.

I am essentially 100% of sure this.

Post 15:

There is no island toon link costume.

link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link... But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he's dark colored clothing. There's also a white and blue link.

toon link has the four swords colors + old style link color, the black with red eyes.

there is no Melee dash dancing. It's incredibly hard to do with the circle pad but it's essentially the same thing as brawls. IE not super useful or practical.

There is a short and small window of time after dropping from the ledge that the ledge becomes "immune" to your grab.

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUMP MECHANIC. It was completely individually on the character. It is not very apparent on characters with flips for 2ndary jumps, as the ledge grab action waits for the flip to finish and the window for "ledge immunity" seems to end before the flip animation does. Megaman and Ike do not have flips, and it was impossible for me to the ledge after jumping/falling off it for a period of time.

Post 15:

Now there isnt a pajama toon link?

Nanashrew

Banned

Post 15:

That sound's like Fierce Diet Link!

Crayolan

Something that is available THE SECOND YOU BOOT UP THE GAME IS NOT A SPOILER

Also

IF ITS IN THE DEMO ITS NOT A SPOILER

Well some people would like to find those costumes for themselves. Not everyone has the same definition of spoiler. But whatever, I guess whether or not it's an actual spoiler is up the mods.

Like in Project M? Awesome!

I MISSED THAT. OH MY GOD. OHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOD. SAKURAI YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD!

Growing up on the pokemon anime makes this such a big thing for me. :p

I hope it kills from stupidly low percentages.

SoulUnison

Banned
Well some people would like to find those costumes for themselves. Not everyone has the same definition of spoiler. But whatever, I guess whether or not it's an actual spoiler is up the mods.

I MISSED THAT. OH MY GOD. OHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOD. SAKURAI YOU GLORIOUS BASTARD!

Growing up on the pokemon anime makes this such a big thing me. :p

I hope it kills from stupidly low percentages.

I hope its damage is based on Charizard's current %, or maybe its Stock/Score, if that's a better "Level" analog.

Top Bottom