• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Japan Demo Impressions

SlP3Nrw.gif

Vergo's presence is freaking me out, lol.

Great to see Fierce Deity Link and Alpha alts. The Pikachu costumes will sure be popular.

Annoyed that Pac-Man doesn't change color but Charizard can.

Sad that Dry Browser wasn't an alt. Feels like it should be in. Hopefully DLC but there probably can't go past the 8 alt limit.

Of the characters in the demo other than Browser I don't feel like any had any "needed" alt costumes. It would have been nice to see pajama Link and Peach in a sports outfit but not necessary.

As for Metal Sonic I don't think any one third-party character can get an alt without the others too. Hoping for Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man and Proto Man DLC characters.

It is strange how Mac got the most unique alts with America boxers, wireframe and pink track suit. Though the former are probably easier to implement texture swaps and the latter's model is in his intro.

Galang

Banned
Nice to hear about the alt/color options. Glad to see Alph, Fierce Diety, Pikachu costumes and Black Yoshi colors. Don't get why there isn't a white Yoshi too, but Black is better anyway so I can't fault. :p Wish Robin's alts changed the hair too, but oh well!

Viridi color? does her face and size change to match Viridi?

don't do Viridi like this she deserves better my goddess :(

so another Majora's Mask tease?

TheOGB

Banned
Another video and more stuff

I made a mistake for the light blue costume of ZSS it's actually gray
It just looked light blue to me in passing

No Masked DDD alt

Diddy kong only gets 1 banana
If you pull another
It disappears

Captain falcons uppercut (side B) doesn't do strike dmg anymore, only a grab
His up b goes straight up
Dat banana nerf

Mariolee

OP needs to be cleaned up with only confirmed info. Really confusing.

Other than that, it sounds all good. FD Link being in just makes my day.

Proven

Banana change is a nerf and a slight buff. Now you always can make a new banana instead of constantly tracking current ones or waiting for one to disappear off screen (although I wonder what happens if the opponent is holding your banana). Yeah, not much of a buff but like I said, slight.

Nanashrew

Banned
Shaya on smashboard

correction: Falcon's side b is still it's strike. Zipzo is doing some crowd sourcing here while he waits in queues to play (is also with friends who are passing on information to him, sometimes some chinese whispers magic can happen I guess)

This happened in the transition from Melee to Brawl to, so I am not sure why the butthurt. Though he should have cut Falco instead of Wolf. Wolf :(

lol
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are Pichu, Roy and Dr. Mario level clones from melee. Brawl at least had some standards for their clones. It does feel weird losing Wolf. I never wanted him in Smash in the first place but since he had already been in Smash and I liked Falco and his playstyle more than Fox's I started to like him.

Ive been asking for days can someone please find out the following..

Is it true Alt Samus colors have different charge beam colors. Can we get some confirmation on this. it's in the wiki.

Please?

EulaCapra

I just noticed the cliff side group pic.

Shouldn't Rosalina be at least as tall as Samus and proportionally larger than Luigi?

Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina are Pichu, Roy and Dr. Mario level clones from melee. Brawl at least had some standards for their clones. It does feel weird losing Wolf. I never wanted him in Smash in the first place but since he had already been in Smash and I liked Falco and his playstyle more than Fox's I started to like him.

Wasn't there a rumor that Dark Pit is unique?

Wanderer5

- Wolf deconfirmed
Fox has an alternate skin
That looks exactly like wolf
He's gray fur
Purple eye device and grayish clothing
It's the only skin that changes foxes fur
This is only a color, NOT a costume

Franziska_cries.gif

Why, just why?!

Nanashrew

Banned
More.

Zipzo
Back Ledge Grabbing is back

Shield while running

Shulks standing a is a 3 hit combo
Shulks up b is a TWO PART combo
You can choose to do the second part by inputting b again
Basically he swipes up like dolphin slash
If you hit b again
He will do a swipe in front of him and send the opponent flying
His up smash is sort of like palutena, except a much smaller pillar of light
Coming from his monado
I think his running dash attack is just a sword swipe
Don't quote me on that I didn't take it to memory (As I quote him anyway lol)
Shulk lunges forward and swipes down with his forward b
In to the ground
When you press neutral b it changes the insignia
Can't change while rolling, unsure attacking
His bair he shoves his sword behind him without even turning around
Like under his arm

Captain falcon still has his knee of justice but they made HUGE landing lag
His side b still does strike dmg (I'm sorry), I think I misinterpreted a guy next to me who was playing him say that. Shouldn't have said it without confirming myself

Dark red charizard
Blue charizard

Shulk has the underpants alt we all know about, rest are recolors

Little Mac has 16 costumes!
He has 8 costumes for his fleshy self, and 8 costumes for his wireframe

There's one more update coming from Zipzo then the thread will be re-opened.

EDIT: looks like they already re-opened the thread.

Little Mac has 16 costumes?? Jesus.

Now everyone needs 16 costumes. DLC that shit and I'll buy

This is interesting. It definitely opens up DLC costumes as Little Mac must have a different way of selecting the Wireframe costume than the usual alts if that itself has eight alts.

TDLink

Little Mac has 16 costumes?? Jesus.

Now everyone needs 16 costumes. DLC that shit and I'll buy

This is interesting. It definitely opens up DLC costumes as Little Mac must have a different way of selecting the Wireframe costume than the usual alts if that itself has eight alts.

Very interesting. I also imagine this means that the Koopalings don't actually take all of Bowser Jr's slots. There must be 1 alt color for each Koopaling....which would be 16 perfectly.

Sponge

Banned

Wario will probably have 16 considering you can pick from his overalls and biker attire.

Mistle

They definitely have to be making Majora's Mask 3D.

They went from hardly acknowledging it exists, to it having a reference in nearly every Nintendo game that comes out, haha

Nanashrew

Banned
More stuff from Zipzo

Robin

He has two swords, the magic and the non-magic one. (Forgive me, not an awakening veteran).

All of tilts are using the physical sword. They have good combo ability. All of his smashes use the magic sword, which has an electric effect.

When in the air, if you use the inputs for a smash attack (and you still have the magic sword available), you will do an aerial that uses the magic sword. If you just typically hit an aerial he will use the normal sword.

You use up your magic sword quite quickly but it regenerates rather fast so it's not like it ruins your tempo. Very fast.

The fire move we've seen is actually a fireball that comes from above robins head and rains down in the vicinity in front of robin. His neutral b shoots and electric lightnig bolt straight across the stage.

The healing move is his down b and you would be surprised to know it heals for a LOT (I healed for about 20%) and it stuns your opponent while you heal. It has a start up though so it's not as easy to land as any regular grab. I can see Robin being a PAIN IN THE *** to people who can't avoid getting caught in it. Unsure if you can force break it from slapping buttons, I only played AS him.

His up b jumps up a bit and shoots wind slicers down. Important to note it's actually not straight up, he jumps jump and slides slightly to the side in the direction you're facing THEN shoots them down, so it can be a ground option too.

Marth feels very nerfed. His range seems even worse than in Brawl (I was whiffing fsmashes like crazy and I'm pretty good with tippers). Aside fr his range and no ability to double fair he seems mostly the same, aside from running faster. It's his range that REALLY feels kinda killer to His melee/brawl play style.

Tipper ing with Marth seems to require your opponent to be a lot closer than ever before, it seems he won't be as much of a spacing monster as he's always been.

This can't be overstated enough, his range feels significantly shorter (by significantly I mean that it's noticeable. It's all relative of course), and seems to be his most notable nerf. Spacing his tippers seems to Be considerably more skill-based due to the range needed.

Top Bottom