• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

...Classic mode and All star more are going to be a pain on the the highest difficulties.

Classic on 9.0 isn't so tough until Master Core. For All-Star it's just Easy, Medium, Hard so I'm not sure how the CPU levels translate into that.

One thing I'm worried about is the Wii U transfer. I am playing on a Japanese 3DS, but my Wii U is American. I wonder it it wouldn't let me do system transfer considering the NNIDs are different as are the regions. I would hope not. I plan on getting the US version anyways, but I already have so much stuff unlocked...

GamerJM

Banned
Fighting Lv. 9s are pretty much like this.

9f1v3Ut.gif

Maybe it just takes some practice. I'm glad the AI is very difficult though. It's no fun to get first every match!

Honestly I'm finding fighting level 1s more enjoyable, it's a good way to learn a character's moves and combos and not have to worry about anything. Level 9s aren't really a good way to practice fighting an actual human opponent since the way they block is different (they can read your inputs) and there are levels of mindgames with human players that you just don't have with coms. I should probably play more online tbh.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I put the AI at 7 or 8 after a while just because 9 will do ridiculous things like reflect every single projectile Megaman fires.
This makes me feel better about playing all night and still losing 2/3 of the time against level 9 Megaman. =(

About the "For Glory" ranking mode, does anyone know if it matches you up against higher-level players? I've been watching ZeRo play for a while, but I never see a numerical ranking show up, and he seems to win 100% of his matches, or very close to it.

However, he did just match against a Diddy Kong player for a bunch of games in a row, like 5+, and some of the matches were very close, as in 1 stock left, tied 93% damage to 93%. I don't read Japanese so I can't tell -- was he doing that on purpose as some sort of rematch option, or was he just getting automatched since the player was a similar skill level?

watershed

Banned
Man it's gonna take a while to get good at Smash again. Right now I can comfortably beat a lvl 7 cp in 1v1, but only lvl 5 cps in 4 player fights. Gotta get back to that lvl 9 tier.

I SD like 5 times a match as Mega Man. With no one else just him. Wish he had a little bit longer range on the flame sword.

I have a harder time with his BAir. It's not worth anything unless you get the last hit for the knock back.

Also, are Mega Man players using the FAir to approach with? I'm worried it doesn't have the hitstun to work for that.

The only guy that gives me any trouble as villager is Lv.9 Link, and mainly because he can break lloid rockets pretty easily with his boomerang (though pocketing it is so good)

To be fair, Dual Strike is a unique mechanic that represents Awakening as a whole, and so much of the story is about the relationship between Chrom and Robin. Two parts of a greater whole and all that. It's totally justifiable as a Final Smash, and it's not spoilery.
He could have given it to Lucina, who fits those criterias, instead of giving her a copy of Marth's final smash. (Though to be fair all the clones have clone-y FS). I'm not saying it0s not a "unjustifiable" Final Smash, just that the one you said was a better FS for just Robin as a character. But yeah you're right, I doubt Sakurai would spoil Awakening like that in a character's moveset.

Velcro Fly

I have a harder time with his BAir. It's not worth anything unless you get the last hit for the knock back.

Also, are Mega Man players using the FAir to approach with? I'm worried it doesn't have the hitstun to work for that.

most of the times i die i'm going for the hard knuckle and just fast fall to my death lol.

Velcro Fly

lol dropping a hard knuckle on pikachu and he recovers from off the bottom of the screen

i'm getting better with mega man but i need to get way better in the air.

Not having Miis online really sucks. They seem to be almost entirely forgotten because they aren't allowed online. No streamers seem to use them or care and even the tournament today didn't even bother to have the unlocked.

It wouldn't have even been hard to just blank their faces when online :/

It's such an obvious fix, I wouldn't be surprised if they patch that in.

Fiktion

Banned
He could have given it to Lucina, who fits those criterias, instead of giving her a copy of Marth's final smash. (Though to be fair all the clones have clone-y FS).

What bugs me about Lucina's final smash is that she even gets the 8-Bit health bars, which makes no sense. They could have kept the mechanics identical, but first cut to this:

Lucina_Future_of_Despair_3.jpg

Then have her voice actress say "Baptize me in fire, that I may become your true daughter!"

And then have her carry out the critical hit animation. Would've turned it from meh to awesome instantly.

Blizzard

Banned
So many posts and sorry for being lazy and missing it but how is the netcode treating you guys(don't need everyone to reply).

Is it better than Brawl???
I haven't been seeing any problems with the streamers doing online matches -- ZeRo has been doing a ton of online and it looks smooth. Someone else (Tenck?) also said they played a ton of matches, and even from Phoenix, AZ the vast majority didn't have lag.

I haven't been seeing any problems with the streamers doing online matches -- ZeRo has been doing a ton of online and it looks smooth. Someone else (Tenck?) also said they played a ton of matches, and even from Phoenix, AZ the vast majority didn't have lag.
I've seen Jwittz and Justin Flynn get horrid lag.

Blizzard

Banned
I've seen Jwittz and Justin Flynn get horrid lag.
Do you know what country they're playing in, and how often it happens in their matches? (I don't think I've heard of them but I'm guessing they're streamers or competitive players)

*edit* US, thanks. Hopefully it's US network problems or cross-ocean connections then.

Forkball

Sonic has a lot of trophies. Almost too many...

The Pikmin trophies are really great though. They are in some interesting poses and almost look like diaramas. I also got a trophy of Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

You guys should check out Makai's stream if you can, some really cool fights with occasional custom fighters like Wolf Moveset Fox and stuff, plus it's running at a full 60 fps

http://www.hitbox.tv/makai

If you watched Twitch streams at sub-60fps you are going to be blown away by how nice the game looks at 60fps

What bugs me about Lucina's final smash is that she even gets the 8-Bit health bars, which makes no sense. They could have kept the mechanics identical, but first cut to this:

Lucina_Future_of_Despair_3.jpg

Then have her voice actress say "Baptize me in fire, that I may become your true daughter!"

And then have her carry out the critical hit animation. Would've turned it from meh to awesome instantly.

This would have made her unique, can't have that.

Seriously, Lucina and Dark Pit should have been swaps like Alph.

So, anyone want to make a tier list after one day?

Let's do this Salty Bet style.

Mexi-Tier: Zamus, DHD
Viable: Everyone that isn't Mac
Potato: Mac

There we go, it's perfect.

SmithnCo

Sonic has a lot of trophies. Almost too many...

The Pikmin trophies are really great though. They are in some interesting poses and almost look like diaramas. I also got a trophy of Rusty from Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

Gotta fit all the friends in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom