• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

You have a link to this? I wanna see!
It's nothing special. The Bowser lost a stock early so he stopped trying his second stock. He recovered to the stage but didn't roll or attack. He let Mario take that one. Then he was Ganondorf the next match and two-stocked Mario.

There any good competitive/online streams happening right now? Or even youtube channels with some uploads I could watch? I am not a very good Smash player, but I love watching really skilled people play.

sfz

Banned
Everyone is OP.

when-everyones-super-no-one-will-be-69336.jpg

And when everyone's OP...
no one will be.

Azure J

Right???? He feels good without the aura buffs, too.

Dude is gonna be a beast in this game.

I'm actually really surprised at how pronounced his aura moves get once you start going over 65%. I'm also liking how much less janky his attack animations look in this one versus Brawl's "why are my limbs like this" look. That new karate chop jab is cool as hell.

Hatchtag

Banned
People need to start playing as WFT. WFT seriously seems to have some good potential, seems really solid all around. Anyways, I've unlocked 11 of 12 of his custom moves, so I'll be posting what those are once I get the 12th one in a little while.

It feels like WFT has been ignored a lot so far. I've heard very little. I think Duck Hunt kind of upstaged it in the "Huh?" department so people aren't playing him/her too much.

Revven

Soraan Tribal said:
There any good competitive/online streams happening right now? Or even youtube channels with some uploads I could watch? I am not a very good Smash player, but I love watching really skilled people play.

Chibo finished uploading the tournament matches from yesterday to the clashtournaments youtube channel you can check those out for some really good matches.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
"Spike game going on"

Dedede throws a gordo.

Actually it looks like the move was changed to all gordos, Didn't know that, looks a lot better.

Beats

Hmm, the retro looking stages are cool, but the characters don't really fit with the style so it looks really weird. Like they're in front of an obvious green screen or something.

Hmm, the retro looking stages are cool, but the characters don't really fit with the style so it looks really weird. Like they're in front of an obvious green screen or something.

It looks a LOT better on Wii U. I mean the game is technically impressive for 3DS, but compared to Wii U, it's super ugly.

sfz

Banned
No he's pretty great. I'm better with him than I am with anybody else I've tried so far. With that said, I really think his specials need to be buffed (especially his down+b attacks).

I've only played Mega Man in the demo, and getting decent at beating lvl 7-8 CPUs.

Qurupeke

No he's pretty great. I'm better with him than I am with anybody else I've tried so far. With that said, I really think his specials need to be buffed (especially his down+b attacks).

Great to hear because most people are really disappointed. Patches are a thing so there's still hope that they'll make him a beast later.

Neiteio

Oh man, I'm loving that Sonic seems to be actually good now.

Yeah I've seen that. That Spin Dash Jump looks so good. Really can't wait to try Sonic in this game.
Yeah, Sonic looks great. He was a blast to play in Brawl and now they've given him more combo ability and KO power.

Mega Man is very capable. It seems one good strategy is to pressure your opponents on the ground with his dash attack (spin) and ground slide. I see players doing this to get in close for a grab followed by Air Shooter, or a short hop followed by a Hard Knuckle, although both will take nerves of steel to do reliably. But it can be done.

Neiteio

What? They gave it super armor on start up.

If anything it got buffed because it now has armor at the startup of the move lmao.
Yeah, Rock Smash has super armor now, and personally it'll feel more intuitive to me as a down special. Plus, Flare Blitz looks awesome as the new side special. I took away at least that much from the few Charizard matches I've seen. He seems to have potential but more people need to play him.

Yeah, Rock Smash has super armor now, and personally it'll feel more intuitive to me as a down special. Plus, Flare Blitz looks awesome as the new side special. I took away at least that much from the few Charizard matches I've seen. He seems to have potential but more people need to play him.
It's funny in a way because he'll probably be a popular character among more casual players. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom