• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

Question that I'm too lazy to google:
Are custom moves allowed online?
Not allowed with randoms, but they are allowed with friends, iirc. And the competitive scene seems receptive to custom moves so far.

On a side note, loving Smash Run. Where else could I see Wii Fit Trainer punch a Goomba into a Lurchthorn, lol.

RiggyRob

He's my man, but he's tricky, but honestly I'm not so good at smash haha, something I'm planing on changing this time around.

From the demo, I think Mega Man's alright to control, even if the lack of a Side-Tilt is a bit disconcerting - it's Villager I can't get the hang of.

Love the way you can use his Down Special as an edge-guard though.

sfz

Banned
Not allowed with randoms, but they are allowed with friends, iirc. And the competitive scene seems receptive to custom moves so far.

Disappointing if you don't have any friends, or slow wifi. Or both. :(

EDIT: What about Palutena? Are you locked to her defualt moveset?

Neiteio

What does super armor mean?
When a move has super armor, you don't flinch on the wind-up. You still take damage, but you don't flinch. So in the case of Rock Smash, Charizard will lift up the boulder and pulverize with his skull, and no one can interrupt his move. They can only get the hell out of the way. Super-armor is what makes so much of Little Mac's ground game so good, as well. :)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
When a move has super armor, you don't flinch on the wind-up. You still take damage, but you don't flinch. So in the case of Rock Smash, Charizard will lift up the boulder and pulverize with his skull, and no one can interrupt his move. They can only get the hell out of the way. Super-armor is what makes so much of Little Mac's ground game so good, as well. :)

How much Super Armor does Ganondorf's Warlock Punch have? The whole thing or just startup before he actually punches?

Megam

Neo Member
So excited for this game to come out in europe :D the demo is sooo cool..but now i'm scared of breaking my 3ds stick. lol

Jaeger

Snagged from tumblr.

ypb6Amx.png

6mur0Kn.png

CRVLO59.png

0Asg1lR.png

z4urAaR.png

nbc3W2t.png

1pAr3Pw.png

92fYpvd.png

7O4RnVX.png

SBZmY2k.png

I noticed that Wario is a LOT more expressive in this game.

Just some close-up examples...
warioexpressionqvkq1.png

wariobikesmj53.png

He looks so good in this game. Can't wait to main him again!

SuperSah

Banned
Concerning replays, can I save matches and record them?

I had an epic demo match where I was Mario against a Lv9 CPU, gave out three back airs off stage, then a meteor smash.

Would of been great to see.

I've got a question for you guys. If all I have is the demo and I'm wanting to try and brush up my skills, what are some advanced techniques I can already start working on? I don't have any previous experience with trying "pro" play in previous games, so any suggestions would be very appreciated! I'm pretty much just trying to master Mario right now; new physics definitely make his meteor smash off stage a lot of fun to pull off.

Violet_0

Banned
Also, off topic, but... I was considering buying FE: Radiant Dawn to tide me over until smash Wii U, but it's a sequel. To any FE fans out there, do I need o play Path of Radianc first or can I just jump into Radiant Dawn?

I completed Radiant Dawn without having played the predecessor, didn't feel like it really impacted the story. Awesome game and I definitely recommend everyone to try it

Kinsei

Banned
I wish Duck Hunt had a trailer that was just this.

Have we got any good impressions of Rosalina, yet? She and Robin are probably the two newcomers I'm most interested in.
Also, off topic, but... I was considering buying FE: Radiant Dawn to tide me over until smash Wii U, but it's a sequel. To any FE fans out there, do I need o play Path of Radianc first or can I just jump into Radiant Dawn?

You don't need to, but if you can find a copy of Path of Radiance, buy it. It's amzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom