• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous characters (click to view, Link done by georly)

Disclaimer: I can't read Japanese, so I may have missed certain effects that are hard to test (such as shieldbreaker properties) and I don't know the names of the custom moves so I've completely made them up.

The first of today's 2 mushroom kingdom denizens, Bowser Jr. (+Koopa Kids) is a really great addition to smash and I've wanted them since the Ninka/Vaanrose leak, the way they were described was just too brilliant for it not to be true, and they're even better in game than I imagined.
Bowser Jr. is sounding so fucking fun. Will almost for sure be one the most used characters for me.

georly

This guy has videos of several custom movesets, like Megaman:
http://youtu.be/I8HIChzI2yA

haha, that was great. Mega man doesn't blink.

WSST79m.gif

Crayolan

Saw this video on NicoNico, Captain Falcon god tier confirm! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orKhe_DhSfE

I found this glitch in the demo while playing Villager and pulling out a gyroid rocket just as the round ended. As soon as it went to sudden death the opponent randomly exploded and I won.

Daily reminder that people need to fear Jigglypuff in this game

ValidMatureIrishsetter.gif

I've always liked how Jiggz played but was too lazy to learn her. I think I'm finally gonna make an effort to get good with her this time around, she looks like she's gonna dominate. I think I'll be pretty proud of myself if I can say I know how to use rest and actually mean it. :p

3 hits and bye bye ZSS?

It takes too long to kill, they said.
You can't combo, they said.
VI will ruin the game, they said.

Jigglypuff saved the game.

Saw this video on NicoNico, Captain Falcon god tier confirm! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orKhe_DhSfE

I found this glitch in the demo while playing Villager and pulling out a gyroid rocket just as the round ended. As soon as it went to sudden death the opponent randomly exploded and I won.
At least that somewhat explains what Captain Falcon did. Sounds like the game doesn't clear hitboxes when entering sudden death or something...

So I just realized that Link can still use his shield while walking towards opponents. Am I tripping out or is this new to Smash 4? I don't recall being able to do that in previous installments.

Link's shield is silly in this game. I had it block Villager's bowling ball once.

Azure J

Link counters Villager and Megaman by doing absolutely nothing. It's kinda jarring sometimes, especially when you see things like Leaf Shield and Hard Knuckle getting *ping'd* off his shield.

Thanks for the write-up JoeInky! Jr's default specials really establishes him as my favorite newcomer, they all look so incredibly versatile and fun.

Makes me wonder though about why he's a secret. I guess they thought Rosalina and Luma would be enough, but I figured Jr having a bizarre moveset around the Clown Car coupled with having the Koopalings as alts would be a great pull for the game.

Ryce

Between Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car, Sakurai is the king of designing awesome newcomers I never knew I wanted.

Neiteio

Between Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr. in a Clown Car, Sakurai is the king of designing awesome newcomers I never knew I wanted.
Agreed. And his work on Shulk is so impressive that it compelled me to go out and buy Xenoblade Chronicles, which is EXCELLENT.

jorgejjvr

You gotta know a guy who knows a guy!

Or hope your local k-mart is dumb.

There's a very high chance i'll be getting the NA smash 4 3DS early :)
Exactly, and yeah I got Mario kart 8 the 26 and the game come out the 30. I called around and did some digging. Someone at a sears stores was selling it early not knowing the street date, hoping to get lucky with smash as well!

georly

Exactly, and yeah I got Mario kart 8 the 26 and the game come out the 30. I called around and did some digging. Someone at a sears stores was selling it early not knowing the street date, hoping to get lucky with smash as well!

I'll almost definitely be getting it by that thursday morning, if not sooner. It just depends on WHEN it ships and arrives in stores.

jorgejjvr

I'll almost definitely be getting it by that thursday morning, if not sooner. It just depends on WHEN it ships and arrives in stores.
What exactly are you planning on doing? You know a buddy? My plan is to call kmart, targets, and sears, places like that and hope I get lucky like with Mk8

Tripon

Seeing how some people are taking to Vectoring, I have come to the conclusion that some people really just wanted Melee physics back instead of 'options' that people like Revvan have been arguing if this comment from Smashboards isn't in jest.

Snowbird I don't think you realize how terribly dull a neutral game is. Combined with the already slow air time, this could make it a lot less fun, just being able to hold your control stick away from your enemy in order to get out of everything.
http://smashboards.com/threads/new-...smash-4-vectoring.369324/page-2#post-17627943

jorgejjvr

I won't risk it (I know absolutely nothing bad will happen, but still). I'll just play single player content until release.
Hmmm you might be right. I might not do it as well unless someone out there plays it consistently when he got it early and can confirm nothing happened to him

Crayolan

Tripon

People just wanna be able to pull off combos and keep the action going. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

Having spacing and movement options is keeping the action going. Complaining about that is misguided at best, in my opinion.

Edit: Not to mention thinking that the Netural game is 'boring' rubs me the wrong way.

Clefargle

People just wanna be able to pull off combos and keep the action going. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

People are pulling off combos and the action keeps going. I watched a tournament yesterday with some vectoring and it looked just fine. Sure kills were in the 100%-150%
Range on average, but I saw plenty of real combos and nice chase attacks. It looked like a nice PM tourney and I doubt vectoring is going to affect the meta as much as many doomsayers are whining about.

JoeInky

haha holy shit, people I've played a lot are actually leaving the lobby when they see me in for glory now.

I feel like such a villain.

Revven

I think a lot of the fear and what not will probably die down when everyone actually can get access to the game. You'd be surprised how much your perspective can change when you're actually playing it vs spectating it. Granted, not all the concern is unfounded but I imagine most of it will die down because everyone will be playing the game and actually learning it (AND testing this stuff out in full lol).

There's definitely some hyperbole, though, on smashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom