• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

I'll probably be on Gaur Plains and Magicant FD modes for the musics.

Actually there's a bunch of good music in the game, I'm sure. I'll probably go random Omega stages mostly.

This is what happens every time I play as Little Mac. If you win more than two matches in a row online as Little Mac, the opponent always, always switches to Little Mac.
Also if you play Little Mac, you can't play hoodie mac, because everyone else plays hoodie mac. Got to have your own alt color.
No idea why no one picks Major Circuit Mac. (Blue tank/shorts/gloves)

It's the best.

This game's music is excellent, yeah.

Is there a way to choose which music a stage uses or is it entirely random?

I know in the demo at least you can force it to use the 2nd music track by holding R when you are picking the stage. I don't know if you can force the 1st track, although that one plays most often anyways so I think you'd have a high chance of getting it by picking the stage normally (no R holding).

I know in the demo at least you can force it to use the 2nd music track by holding R when you are picking the stage. I don't know if you can force the 1st track, although that one plays most often anyways so I think you'd have a high chance of getting it by picking the stage normally (no R holding).
Okay, thanks. :D

That's pretty similar to Melee then.

Crayolan

Has anyone decided yet on the level they'll end up playing on the most.
I know for me it's going to be Arena Ferox. Mainly because of Id Purpose music is going to be great for battles.

Mostly Omega Mode random. Also Rainbow Road, Lumiose City, Mute City, Arena Ferox, and maybe Reset Bomb Forest if the second transformation of the stage isn't as annoying as it looks like it could be.

Though I'll probably constantly go Magicant in FFA's, that stage is so beautiful.

Blizzard

Banned
More Smash Pics

c0wHbx1.jpg

You'd hardly think she was a supreme cosmic being just by looking at her

ZNHO7Yg.jpg

Bowser Jr.'s not one for sharing a meal

K4v7Mgs.jpg

Sitting on the dock of the bay~

g3FWZp5.jpg

Like father, like son

bg4WOcJ.jpg

I feel a migraine coming on...

IT31Csq.jpg

DOES NOT COMPUTE!

2TFP31u.jpg

With the referee incapacitated, Mr. Game & Watch brings a chair to the ring

o1uPb2y.jpg

This feels like a beautiful dream I once had...

g2VgG8O.jpg

This is not what I expected when they said I'd be facing Roy in the colosseum...

I'm late to the party on these, but nice pictures again. The Link and Shulk ones are especially peaceful.

Azure J

Finally getting to see some RosaLuma play on stream, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on something. What are her fair/bair like on landing? Bad lag? Moderate?

Also, I don't think I've ever seen that character's nair. :lol

shaowebb

Megaman is such easy mode for combos. Everything links into air shooter and if you whif you still get the option to shield up as they run away or chase with slashes. I need to see if I can jump above my own air shooter with UP B wearing Bunny hood and use Hard Knuckle on top of all that lol.

Definitely feeling the Blue Bomber. Cannot wait to get ahold of Little Mac and Ganondorf to find their combos.

StayDead

How is Ness BTW? I heard he got hit with several nerfs. PK Fire especially. I mainly utilized PK Thunder though.

Could someone give me a breakdown of his strengths now?

If he's nerfed then I need to quit this game, because I can't do anything against Ness. Unless of course he was OP in brawl.

JoeInky

How is Ness BTW? I heard he got hit with several nerfs. PK Fire especially. I mainly utilized PK Thunder though.

Normals: Good, Specials: Bad (except PKThunder)

He's awful if you're used to playing him in PM though imo, he's so much better in that.

Has anyone decided yet on the level they'll end up playing on the most.
I know for me it's going to be Arena Ferox. Mainly because of Id Purpose music is going to be great for battles.

Magicant for me because of the EarthBound love and both remixes... hnnnnggghhh.

Really? I had heard he'd gotten buffed. I won a match last night fairly easily against a decent Japanese player, so he seems fine to me. His PK Thunder is definitely harder to control on the Circle Pad, though.

Anyone know how many trophies each character has now? Is it just two? There's the regular one for beating Classic, the Alternate one for beating All-Star, and then...? Are the Final Smash trophies gone? That would be a shame. :(

Hatchtag

Banned
Megaman is such easy mode for combos. Everything links into air shooter and if you whif you still get the option to shield up as they run away or chase with slashes. I need to see if I can jump above my own air shooter with UP B wearing Bunny hood and use Hard Knuckle on top of all that lol.

Definitely feeling the Blue Bomber. Cannot wait to get ahold of Little Mac and Ganondorf to find their combos.

Ganons combos are really similar to his project m ones, imo. Honestly Ganon feels more built upon his project m incarnation than it does his brawl one. But that could just be me.

Ness' biggest buff here is no more grab release bullshit.

meanwhile Wario still has his, but it's not as bad...not that Wario ever gets grabbed anyway lol

jnWake

What are the biggest news for this week? I was gone all week and this thread gained so many pages ;_;

From what I managed to read it seems Sakurai's column and this VI thing are the biggest news?

It was the first thing I noticed when I saw it! Definitely rocking Charidactyl 99% of the time.

That 1% is going towards GSC Shiny Zard aka Purplezard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom