• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either I've gotten really shitty at Smash Bros., or the controls on 3DS are a bit complicated. Jumping with X seems really out of place for me.

The Circle Slider is a mistake. I just wish there was another option...

We can change the face buttons though, right? X for Jump feels more natural when it's a shorter distance away from the attack button, assuming you can set it to the bottom button (B), like Gamecube's A button.

We can change the face buttons though, right? X for Jump feels more natural when it's a shorter distance away from the attack button, assuming you can set it to the bottom button (B), like Gamecube's A button.
You can swap around A, B, X, Y, L, and R, yes.

Lucas being cut still bugs me. The poor MOTHER fanbase can't be cut any slack - though gosh dang does Magicant look pretty in Smash 4.

And, honestly, Ness having Lucas' specials as custom moves hurts more than it helps, at least in my eyes. I didn't even play Lucas, but he had some really neat normals...

If I had my way there would be a whole MOTHER DLC pack with a new stage plus adding Lucas and a Newcomer (Giygas/Kumatora/Masked Man/Ninten???) as playable characters.
They could totally have Giygas steal Mewtwo's moveset and make everyone angry and it would be glorious hahaha

I'm not sure what the issue is, but I don't ever remember being this shitty at a Smash Bros game before. It's possible the small screen doesn't seem great for a game with as much action going on such as Smash. Who knows... quick impression though would make me much more inclined to purchase Wii U version.

NOT trying to sound like a smart ass, just genuinely curious:

How is it that Roy & Mewtwo were implemented by the Project M team then? What was the process behind that?
Short answer: wizardry.
Long answer: they detail the process here. It's not just up-porting the characters from Melee, though - they're redone from scratch.

I don't think it's a big deal either. Despite the game being out worldwide for over 2 years everything about it is on spoiler death watch. Annoying as hell.
It doesn't matter if its two years old, twenty, or even more. If I haven't played it, then its a spoiler to me. Its as simple as that. Depending on the game, I may spoil everything (SSB, MK8) or not spoil anything at all, sometimes going in completely blind. I started up Dangan Ronpa on PSV without seeing a single screenshot, just knew it was
supposed to be a visual novel.
I started up FFX on PS2 without even knowing
it was turn based.
Just because you don't think of something as a spoiler doesn't mean others will.

It is annoying as hell when people think they can go and spoil a game/anything else away just because its old or whatever.

Short answer: wizardry.
Long answer: they detail the process here. It's not just up-porting the characters from Melee, though - they're redone from scratch.

Ah, after a quick skim through that post, sounds like it was a time consuming process.

I can understand due to time restraints, Sakurai didn't want to go through the labor of doing something like that for Smash 4. It would add onto the work load, so maybe he was trying to avoid that for the sake of the game coming out sooner for the fans rather than get hit with constantly delays.

zroid

Banned
image.php

Traitor!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That Sakurai thread really is full of shit, and why am I not surprised you have people complaining about "Sakurai having vendetta against tourney goers" there.

NoBL3Z

That Lucas model is nice, but it looks like it matches up with his trophy. The other two are not so nice.

Ganondorf needs an entry animation where he comes in with his sword then throws it away.

In more or less ways I can definitely relate to what you said but for some reason I believe the roster is real.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
btw that character select screen screams fake

bottom half of 3ds is missing, the characters look like they were taken from existing models, etc

Just when you thought the CSS couldn't get any more nonsensical, a new possibility emerges.
image.php

While image is fake, something like that wouldn't surprise me at this point, Yoshi and the clone corner clearly shows Sakurai just gave up on the CSS from going insane over the Ridley demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom