• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInky

How is the lag for you? It's unbearable for me. I'm switching out to a new modem/router today, so hopefully it's better.

I have 2 meg a second internet whilst I'm here at my nans, it crops up often but it's rarely massively hindering.

I have to drop out of some games now and then and input lag is always there, but eh.

If I tried to play PM netplay with it it would be awful though, so this is a step up atleast.

georly

I have 2 meg a second internet whilst I'm here at my nans, it crops up often but it's rarely massively hindering.

I have to drop out of some games now and then and input lag is always there, but eh.

If I tried to play PM netplay with it it would be awful though, so this is a step up atleast.

You're in UK right? I assume internet there is better than it is in the US at least.

JoeInky

You're in UK right? I assume internet there is better than it is in the US at least.

You'd think that, but I live in a cottage with a pretty bad phone line going down to a router in the office at the bottom of the garden.

Gaf is slow to load and if my uncles phone starts wring I sometimes get disconnected :/

I basically have poor peoples internet because my uncle doesn't want to upgrade. Going to try to have it upgraded by the time the WiiU version rolls around.

I don't know what internet in the US is like but it must be better.

Oh well he left :/

georly

Courtesy of Daan Koopman:

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/514488882701029377

:| RT @_4lt_ スマブラまけてイライラして壊した pic.twitter.com/pG65fWAPA2

Original tweet (NOT DAAN'S): https://twitter.com/_4lt_/status/514356439150645248

ByNcdJaCEAANJM9.jpg:large

ByNcdAFCcAAUH30.jpg:large

You'd think that, but I live in a cottage with a pretty bad phone line going down to a router in the office at the bottom of the garden.

Gaf is slow to load and if my uncles phone starts wring I sometimes get disconnected :/

I basically have poor peoples internet because my uncle doesn't want to upgrade. Going to try to have it upgraded by the time the WiiU version rolls around.

I don't know what internet in the US is like but it must be better.
I live in an urban area in the US but used to have a similarly janky connection. 1.3 megabits when we were lucky, a tenth of that a lot of the time and having to refresh on a regular basis just to get pages to load, 100 kilobit upload, bad routing meaning 60+ms ping times to close areas when we were lucky, 250+ ms ping times to close areas when we weren't, DC when phone rings, etc.

When we stopped getting net on weekends they were like, "lololololol nothing's wrong lololololol" and we ended up just switching to Comcast. Since we already got cable from them it ended up being the same price for a significantly better connection.

Clefargle

Not to be a party pooper but, does the "downloaded stages" text in the ROM dump definitively point to "DLC" packs? I mean, the Wii U could have a robust stage builder with a share function through Miiverse. That would explain how players can download each other's stages, right?

I hope I'm wrong

Neiteio

Not to be a party pooper but, does the "downloaded stages" text in the ROM dump definitively point to "DLC" packs? I mean, the Wii U could have a robust stage builder with a share function through Miiverse. That would explain how players can download each other's stages, right?

I hope I'm wrong
Not sure if I understand your theory, but Miiverse is disabled in the regular 3DS. It can only be used on the New 3DS, so for most 3DS users, there won't be much sharing going on through Miiverse.

I live in an urban area in the US but used to have a similarly janky connection. 1.3 megabits when we were lucky, a tenth of that a lot of the time and having to refresh on a regular basis just to get pages to load, 100 kilobit upload, bad routing meaning 60+ms ping times to close areas when we were lucky, 250+ ms ping times to close areas when we weren't, DC when phone rings, etc.

When we stopped getting net on weekends they were like, "lololololol nothing's wrong lololololol" and we ended up just switching to Comcast. Since we already got cable from them it ended up being the same price for a significantly better connection.

Switching to Comcast and getting better connection?

What's happening :p

McNum

So, any word on Zelda? Since her inclusion in Melee she's been that one character I'd wanted to play, but since her Down Special was petty much better than the rest of her combined, it did seem a little silly to keep playing her and not Sheik.

However, now that Zelda has been released from Sheik's shackles, I'm curious how she's holding up. I hear her Faroe's Wind teleport is massively better, but Smashboards, at least, doesn't seem to talk about her much, and I'm wondering if she's good in the new game.

Also thinking about playing Robin, but a lot of things can change when I actually get the game. Zelda, though, will probably keep being that character I'd want to play, so... I'm curious. I used to have a somewhat teleport happy style with her, and some Din's Fire when people were at distance, but that was a bit too one-trick pony-ish over time.

JoeInky

Jesus christ, having only 2 meg a second drives me bloody insane because I'm so used to having 30, 1.3 sounds awful.

emb

I hope I'm wrong
I hope you're right. Could just be stage builder stages downloaded from connecting to Wii U, which are download from some stage builder sharing thing.

I think that's less likely though. Would be really strange to be able to download stage builder stages without having an actual stage builder. And that would probably limit what you could do in a stage builder, if it had to work on 3DS.

It would be nice if we got some bonus stages from just connecting the two versions. A few from the Wii U put onto 3DS, and a few from 3DS put on to Wii U. At that point I don't think they'd call them downloaded stages though, probably bonus stages or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom