• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and counted.

No, it is indeed 9 days, assuming one is getting it at midnight.

Ah, right you are. For those who are getting it at midnight, it is indeed 9 days. Never mind, then.

this is why humanities students shouldn't try to do math

What?

Sept 24 - 9 days
Sept 25 - 8 days
Sept 26 - 7 days
Sept 27 - 6 days
Sept 28 - 5 days
Sept 29 - 4 days
Sept 30 - 3 days
Oct 1 - 2 days
Oct 2 - 1 days
Oct 2 half day - 12 hours
Oct 3 Midnight - ESHOP RELEASE.

Now I can says this, ya gotta respect the numbers. :p

Booo all you digital folks, jumping on at midnight, while I have to wait at another 12 hours or so to pick up my physical copy lol

FSLink

Banned
Thought about it.
Suppose I could just do one stocks at 300% or something.

No special smash mode to do that.

Otherwise I'd do Stamina mode (1HP) + Flower + Fast mode again like Brawl.

Just unlock Kirby's stage by using his Final Smash (going into training mode counts, so spawn a Smash Ball, use his FS, then exit out), then side-B off the stage real fast with Fox or Falco with 1 stock. It goes by pretty fast.

Jawmuncher

No special smash mode to do that.

Otherwise I'd do Stamina mode (1HP) + Flower + Fast mode again like Brawl.

Just unlock Kirby's stage by using his Final Smash (go into training mode counts, so spawn a Smash Ball, use his FS, then exit out), then side-B off the stage real fast with Fox or Falco with 1 stock. It goes by pretty fast.

That will work then.
Won't care about those stats going to shit. Since i'll play enough during it's time to go over that.

FSLink

Banned
That will work then.
Won't care about those stats going to shit. Since i'll play enough during it's time to go over that.

Yeah keep in mind for all stages, you have to finish the first challenge board to get Flat Zone 2. Its unlock requirements is just unlock G&W, but it won't register as cleared until the first board is completed. The other stages are on the first board so you'll grab the rest on the way there.

9dayssgkk1.gif

Fuck yeah there we go.

Hatchtag

Banned
I absolutely love most the character revamps in this game, but I got to be honest...the new Olimar just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's because I mostly loved the Pikmin Whip attack, but eh. I just don't really like his new playstyle that much.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just something to keep in mind ^

What if you do a system transfer or change an SD card to a bigger one though?

Do you value your money or don't?

Don't go all "muh nintendo digital account" over me

It's mostly because the local stores here have an "Asian" version (it's US version without the CN codes) and will probably have the US version for a month later.

Jawmuncher

Yeah keep in mind for all stages, you have to finish the first challenge board to get Flat Zone 2. Its unlock requirements is just unlock G&W, but it won't register as cleared until the first board is completed. The other stages are on the first board so you'll grab the rest on the way there.

Ok that's good then.
I won't be missing out on Flat Zone 2 so i can wait to get that.

eShop is gonna explode in lag once the game drops come midnight...

what do you guys think?

Yeah probably.... Since there aren't many brick and mortar stores open for midnight release, eshop is still the fastest option. I'm upgrading my 2 gig SD card for a 8 gig one. Is is process really as simple as just copying the files in Windows/OSX?

Also I think I'm good:

HiroTSK5

Didn't the JPN eShop version come out a few hours earlier than usual? Maybe they'll do that this time for the NA release so everyone's not trying to hit the eShop at midnight.

Well I get the game at 9 pm because Midnight is Midnight eastern not pacific.

Jawmuncher

When you put in a game for the first time, it has to install, right? (I honestly can't remember.) Depending on how long it takes the game to install, it'll cancel out more or less of the driving time.

Retail indeeed goes straight to the game.
But I don't ever recall a download and install ever taking that long on 3DS.
I think since it's all part of the download bar. But yeah depending on distance that might let the driver catch up.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, I'm sorry I have to ask. Why has the gusty garden remix disappeared from youtube? That was a bomb ass track!

I absolutely love most the character revamps in this game, but I got to be honest...the new Olimar just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's because I mostly loved the Pikmin Whip attack, but eh. I just don't really like his new playstyle that much.

Well it's not so much that he was revamped as he was changed to run on the 3DS.

I really hate all the changes that seem for the sake of keeping the 3DS at 60 fps :\
Gonna miss Dedede's Waddle Dee's.

Yeah probably.... Since there aren't many brick and mortar stores open for midnight release, eshop is still the fastest option. I'm upgrading my 2 gig SD card for a 8 gig one. Is is process really as simple as just copying the files in Windows/OSX?

Also I think I'm good:

yup! upgraded to a 32 GB and all I did was copy the files off my laptop. (I have OSX)

WonderzL

Banned
I think this guy wasn't uploading his own records, but other people's, so he probably made a mistake with Gusty Garden. But who knows..

Masked Man

I said wow
Pikachu has quite an easy time against Master Core if you want to beat him with a different character, and the shadow you is the easiest form of them all at least to me.

That's good to know! I've actually never had trouble with Master Core at the lower difficulties; even 7.0 and 8.0 aren't as bad as 9.0. Thanks for the tip, though! :)

Y'all all know how much I love Little Mac, but fuck me, Robin blows my hype out of the water. Such a wonderful fighter, so technical with the magical tomes, air smashes, and awesome skill.

After this video of a guide, I really, REALLY want to main Robin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkq9Hlcdrk

I've finally had a chance to start playing around with Robin, and he truly is wonderful! Also, White Mage costume is the best <3

I guess I wont have to worry about anyone here maining Lemmy. Hes all mine.
Yep. Lemmy da best.

You two understand! Lemmy is clearly the best and has been the best since SMB3.

I'm still upset this has yet to make Smash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHEhkeRlldQ

Likewise! I would say we should hold out hope for the Wii U version, but I'm not holding my breath...

You guys haven't heard it? It was posted on this dude's youtube page along with the rest of the soundtrack when the game came out :

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrunchyToastyBiscuit/videos

For some reason he got rid of the Gusty Garden remix.

Probably because it's only used in the Wii U version--just like Windy Hill. I think he's waiting until the Wii U soundtrack is ripped so he can use that HD version instead.

I think this guy wasn't uploading his own records, but other people's, so he probably made a mistake with Gusty Garden. But who knows..

i can't believe how common that is.

you're gonna reupload someone elses music upload?

every time i see that i wanna scream through my screen

"YOU DONT KNOW HOW AUDIO COMPRESSION AND LOSS OF AUDIO DATA WORKS DO YOU, IMBECILE. FUCK OFF INTO THE DARKEST REACHES OF SPACE"

that people do that with videos susceptible to similar loss of visual quality is mind boggling enough. With audio? Don't halfass that shit. If you can't not halfass it then don't fuckin load it

this post assumes you meant reuploading other people's yt videos and not uploading mp3s from somewhere on the net. regardless its a tangent but also something thats been bothering me especially when I search smash music and find identical playlists with identical video lengths and visual contet. shameless

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Probably because it's only used in the Wii U version--just like Windy Hill. I think he's waiting until the Wii U soundtrack is ripped so he can use that HD version instead.

Wait, how did he get access to that track if it's only in the Wii-U version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom