• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderzL

Banned
i can't believe how common that is.

you're gonna reupload someone elses music upload?

every time i see that i wanna scream through my screen

"YOU DONT KNOW HOW AUDIO COMPRESSION AND LOSS OF AUDIO DATA WORKS DO YOU, IMBECILE. FUCK OFF INTO THE DARKEST REACHES OF SPACE"

that people do that with videos susceptible to similar loss of visual quality is mind boggling enough. With audio? Don't halfass that shit. If you can't not halfass it then don't fuckin load it

this post assumes you meant reuploading other people's yt videos and not uploading mp3s from somewhere on the net. regardless its a tangent but also something thats been bothering me especially when I search smash music and find identical playlists with identical video lengths and visual contet. shameless
He uploaded .mp3s, IIRC. That's why he reuploaded for HD versions afterwards, he wanted to be the first to upload the LQ ones.

Clefargle

Wow this guy is basically saying: "If a Smash 4 player attacks you, remember that you are the superior being and politely send him away."

That's some euphoric type shit, right there.

EDIT: He does get a few points on the Melee players, but goddamn.

I know man, he is essentially segregating smash fandom into arbitrary sects of correctness, and then goes on to preemptively label them "elitist". It's a tactic I've seen on many network news channels. He literally predicted that the people pumping the breaks and requesting more analysis of Smash 4 would stretch out their judgement as some sort of excuse. The game just came out, literally. It's not pessimistic, it's just condescending. He even goes on to exclude some of the true combos we've seen from mario, sheik, ect As unimportant. It's very heady stuff, you have to have a very highly contrasted opinion of yourself and your perceived community to write this stuff.

Man I'm lovin the way Falco's play is lookin in this game.

image.php

Xane

RE: Custom moves:

Why is everyone so hyped about them? I thought they couldn't be used in For Glory? Doesn't that make them little more but a curiosity?

That's sick, though. My main getting some delish wreckage :)

Not everyone is hyped about For Glory mode.
Personally, I'll probably stick to playing with friends - there, I can use custom moves if I feel like it.

Why is everyone so hyped about them? I thought they couldn't be used in For Glory? Doesn't that make them little more but a curiosity?

That's sick, though. My main getting some delish wreckage :)
It's one of the reasons I'm excited for getting the GAF community on my friends list. Custom moves all day, every day!

I just saw that whole internet conversation from earlier and decided to check mine out. Supposedly I have pretty good internet...but if I'm reading this right, it's not all that great. :/

Bleep

I just saw that whole internet conversation from earlier and decided to check mine out. Supposedly I have pretty good internet...but if I'm reading this right, it's not all that great. :/

For online games the most important things are stability and having low ping, so you should be fine.

Molemitts

I saw a ranking list for Smash 4 on Twitter, today. Not sure how reliable it is, since it's still so early in the game, but Link was right at the bottom, which surprised me. I thought he was buffed, and pretty decent this time?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Weird they haven't said much about that double pack for Europe despite the release date looming. No listing on Amazon still.

KHlover

Banned

No one ever thinks of local play :(
Local Play + Online with Friends will be 99% of my playtime, couldn't be less interested in For Fun or For Glory , so customization up the wazoo for me :p

ugoo18

3783426140.png

I have to connect through Connectify in order to actually use my internet for gaming (Uni internet). What kind of online experience should i expect for SSB4 with a connection setup like that?

Golnei

No one ever thinks of local play :(
Local Play + Online with Friends will be 99% of my playtime, couldn't be less interested in For Fun or For Glory , so customization up the wazoo for me :p

Though that could just be a consequence of the lower importance local play has for the 3DS version. The combination of more prominent local play and transferrable unlocks should make custom moves more widely used on the Wii U version.

<(^^<) <(^.^)> (>^^)> Kirby dance of approval! Btw is there a friendcode sharing thread or something? :d

tumblr_n678u6YE101rqkvfeo1_500.png

The 3DS FC sharing document is linked in the first post of the PoTD thread. I'd expect something similar to be put up around the Wii U release as well.

That New 3DS news has pissed me right off mate!

While it's nice to have the option of getting it in November, I still won't be buying one until I can justify it a little; either if Smash destroys my original 3DS for good, or something worthwhile is announced as an exclusive.

KHlover

Banned
Though that could just be a consequence of the lower importance local play has for the 3DS version. The combination of more prominent local play and transferrable unlocks should make custom moves more widely used on the Wii U version.

tumblr_n678u6YE101rqkvfeo1_500.png

The 3DS FC sharing document is linked in the first post of the PoTD thread. I'd expect something similar to be put up around the Wii U release as well.

While it's nice to have the option of getting it in November, I still won't be buying one until I can justify it a little; either if Smash destroys my original 3DS for good, or something worthwhile is announced as an exclusive.

Golnei pls

The best RPG on any console last gen already GOT announced.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So in the OST rip done by a gaffer, I noticed that the SSE map music is in the game. Where does it play?

JoeM86

3783426140.png

I have to connect through Connectify in order to actually use my internet for gaming (Uni internet). What kind of online experience should i expect for SSB4 with a connection setup like that?

Here's mine, actually have a bottleneck of a 100mbps cable connection somewhere in my network, which is being a pain to connect. Should be ~150mbps
3783470619.png

I was playing last night, no lag. I've only experienced lag when playing against several other people at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom