• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for doing these. I just saw the Ness ones, and I'm curious: do PK Freeze and PK Fire α work the same way Lucas' did? Since they have his Thunder and Magnet, I'm wondering if they included Lucas' full set of specials.

No, the powershield works the same as it did in Brawl (no projectile reflects).

Got it, thanks. I kinda miss the old Melee powershield, even though it usually worked against me since the CPUs were always so much better at it than me.

Roo

Orange Luigi 4 LIFE!

Alright, what is Luigi's 8th color? Since famitsu only show green twice, so did anyone find out what was 8th color?
I want to know this as well.
It they indeed used green/blue twice then I'm going to send a very repulsive email to Nintendo.

guek

Banned
Demo is friggin awesome. I didn't expect the increased speed in fast falling!

3DS controls definitely take some adjustment time though. GC controller is going to be a must for wiiu.

I have no doubt this game is going to blow up in the smash scene. Reaching the highs of Melee will be difficult but I foresee some crazy awesome evo tournaments.

Feltrol

Banned
It they indeed used green/blue twice then I'm going to send a very repulsive email to Nintendo.

image.php

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome guy on another forum gave me a demo code. Looks like it doesn't have a usage restriction? Won't get to play it until tomorrow though :(

Still nothing on ZSS customs?

Nanashrew

Banned
I see a lot happened while I was asleep O: Villager really is the Killager with his pocket! Also some really good customization analysis from Joeinky.

Neoxon

Just saw the Mewtwo trophy.

I'm pretty damn sure being a trophy doesn't equal not being DLC, now. We're only left with, what, 2 potential characters going by this logic? Maybe 3 with the Marshal.

PKrockin

Revven, what's your opinion on Link's dash attack? I'm like it a lot, and it seems like one of his most consistent killing moves, but I'm not sure how it's gonna work against players (I'm playing lvl 9 CPU)

Also, is it me or is the random in the demo very weird? I'm playing random, and I got link and CPU as pikachu 7 TIMES IN A ROW lol.

Dash attack is kind of hard to land, I'm not sure if it'll be a viable option because it can whiff pretty easily. Especially because rolling in this game is so fast, I wouldn't be surprised if rolling through it was the best way to avoid it.

And yeah, I got Mega Man like 5-6 times in the demo from Random as well lol. I don't think it's very random at all...
Best way to land dash attack is to read an air dodge through your projectile and punish the landing lag. It's not all that hard. I was watching Zero and he killed the other player several times with it.

I'm constantly losing in the "For Glory" room :( Which sucks because I prefer playing with no items and I don't really feel like playing in "For Fun".

Jaeger

Just saw the Mewtwo trophy.

I'm pretty damn sure being a trophy doesn't equal not being DLC, now. We're only left with, what, 2 potential characters going by this logic? Maybe 3 with the Marshal.

Unless it's an AT, there is no reason to think a trophy = unplayable.

Berordn

If there's DLC (which is still an if, even if it seems really likely), trophies or anything else really shouldn't factor in. They could just as easily name any new trophies by saying "Mewtwo (Classic)" or whatnot, just like they did in Brawl with Star Fox's Assault trophies.

Unless it's an AT, there is no reason to think a trophy = unplayable.

Eh, seeing that AT's already have a base on which to build a fighter onto, I can see at least one being upgraded and replaced. It's a lot less work than creating a fighter from scratch, really.

Come oooon Dark Samus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom