• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

Isaac, Jill, and Barbara appear exclusively in handheld games, so I doubt they’ll be in the Wii U version either. Weird.

Isaac not having even a trophy in two different versions of the game would be bonkers. I still think he's a Wii U AT, that or DLC newcomer (I wish).

Is there a place that has listings for all of the custom moves discovered so far?

Saw Ness's, underwhelming :( Don't think I'll pick him up in this game either, except for casual play and what-not.

aeolist

Banned
i just downloaded the demo, does the full game let you remap controls? i'm so used to the gamecube controller for smash bros i'm having a tough time adjusting here

Randdalf

Aside from me being bad at Smash, one other thing I noticed about the demo is that you can't launch the web browser or Miiverse whilst the demo is running. Makes me wonder if Smash has been given access to some reserved areas of the 3DS memory. Is this true of the final game as well?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, overall, I'd say the 3DS Version is about on-par with Melee in terms of content, if you consider how Smash Run basically has elements of Event Matches, Adventure Mode, and Special Melee.

I guess not bad for the first handheld entry. Still, though, I guess I was sort of hoping they'd squeeze in a Brawl-size game into that little cart.

Hopefully the Wii U Version goes all out. I'm sort of worried about it now, I hope it's not basically the 3DS Version with better graphics, a different stage selection, and like one new mode.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Out of all the retro NES references this game has added, they go and cut the Excitebike Assist trophy?

The cuts and things missing in this game are bizarre sometimes

They did? I think I saw it used..

Edit: Wait, might be confusing the Advance Wars AT

Ryce

I still think he's a Wii U AT, that or DLC newcomer (I wish).
That just doesn't make any sense, though. All three Golden Sun games are on handheld devices, and it's not like the Psynergy hand push is technically complex or anything. Are we absolutely positive all the Assist Trophies have been seen?

Axass

tbh i'd sooner believe golden sun going forgotten to history in the context of smash bros than isaac becoming playable

We have an assist from that Frog game nobody knows, there's no way Golden Sun has no references in two different games, especially after he was an AT in Brawl.

Gazoinks

So, overall, I'd say the 3DS Version is about on-par with Melee in terms of content, if you consider how Smash Run basically has elements of Event Matches, Adventure Mode, and Special Melee.

I guess not bad for the first handheld entry. Still, though, I guess I was sort of hoping they'd squeeze in a Brawl-size game into that little cart.

Hopefully the Wii U Version goes all out. I'm sort of worried about it now, I hope it's not basically the 3DS Version with better graphics, a different stage selection, and like one new mode.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed hearing this, as I don't have a WiiU so I'm only gonna be playing the 3DS version. Oh well, it's still Smash Bros. :D

Some ROB action going on in the tournament stream. Looks like his Up air has more killing potential now, and he holds up his arms like superman when he uses his up B. It's adorable haha

Cse

Banned
Smash for Wii U better have at least ~45 or so stages. The paucity of stages (total and new) on the 3DS version is disappointing.

No excuse not to pack the Wii U version to the brim with content.

Axass

That just doesn't make any sense, though. All three Golden Sun games are on handheld devices, and it's not like the Psynergy hand push is technically complex or anything. Are we absolutely positive all the Assist Trophies have been seen?

Yep, the game tells you when you've unlocked all ATs.

Maybe there will be AT DLC down the road?

I played the demo all day yesterday, got to the point where I was pretty comfortable with villager and could easily beat all the demo characters at level 9, then found someone while doing laundry in my dorm that also had the demo, played him and got my ass whupped repeatedly. Now I feel sad :(

I hope it's not basically the 3DS Version with better graphics, a different stage selection, and like one new mode.

It won't be. I have a good feeling the Wii U version is going to be the big one, with lots of features, stages, music, etc. I really think the 3DS version was crunched for time, where I don't think the Wii U version will be as much. Not only because it had more development time, but because it probably had more resources dedicated to it.

It's hard for my shitty skill :(

"clear 9.0"

"finish *insert modes* with all the characters"
"Win *insert modes* with all characters"

"10-man mode in 20 secs"
"110 kills in 3min mode"
"score over 50 in rival mode"
"destroy all red target in target blast"

Those could be worse; I was thinking of stuff like "finish X mode on Very Hard with 111% damage" - really specific stuff like that.

What's "clear 9.0," by the way? Is that just the highest difficulty of Classic mode?

Son Of D

Those could be worse; I was thinking of stuff like "finish X mode on Very Hard with 111% damage" - really specific stuff like that.

What's "clear 9.0," by the way? Is that just the highest difficulty of Classic mode?

Yeah. However when you use a continue it lowers the difficulty so you have to win without using a single continue.

ffdgh

I played the demo all day yesterday, got to the point where I was pretty comfortable with villager and could easily beat all the demo characters at level 9, then found someone while doing laundry in my dorm that also had the demo, played him and got my ass whupped repeatedly. Now I feel sad :(

YOU MUST RECOVER!

So how was local play?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dreams shattered. :(

Megaman Legends 3
ds!
BxayeH3CYAEjENn.jpg

;____; Volnutt

Gleethor

Battlefield
-SSB4 Main Theme (New)
-SSBM Menu Theme (Brawl)

Final Destination
-SSB4 Theme Arrangement 1 (New)
-FUCKING INCREDIBLE MELEE THEME (NEW)

3D Land
-3D Land Main Theme/Beach Theme (New)
-SMB3 Medley (New)

Rainbow Road
-Rainbow Road Handheld Medley (New)
-Rainbow Road MK7 (Original)

Golden Plains
-NSMB Athletic Theme (New)
-SMB Medley (New)

Paper Mario
-Try Try Again (New)
-Paper Mario Medley (New)

Mushroomy Kingdom (Brawl)

-SMB Ground Theme (Brawl)
-SMB Underground Theme (Brawl)

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Obstacle Course (Brawl)
-Yoshi's Story Ending (Brawl)

Jungle Japes (Melee)
-Jungle Japes (Melee)
-Gear Getaway (New)

Gameboy Dreamland
-Kirby's Dreamland Medley (Original*)
-Green Greens Ver. 2 (New)

Magicant
-Eight Melodies (New)
-Smiles and Tears (New)

Mute City
-Mute City Theme (New)
-Mute City Theme SNES (Original)

Corneria (Melee)
-Corneria (Melee)
-Star Wolf Theme (New)

Brinstar (Melee)
-Brinstar (Melee)
-Brinstar Depths (Melee)

Prism Tower
-X&Y Trainer Battle (New)
-Lumiose City (Original)

Unova Pokemon League
-N's Castle Theme? (New)
-Vs Reshiram/Zekrom (New)

Gerudo Valley
-Gerudo Valley Theme (New)
-Ocarina of Time Medley (Brawl)

Spirit Train
-Full Steam Ahead (New)
-LoZ Medley (New)

Arena Ferox
-Id/Purpose (New)
-Fire Emblem Theme (Melee)

Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
-Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
-Flat Zone (Melee)

Reset Bomb Forest
-Wrath of The Reset Bomb (New)
-Dark Pit's Theme (Original)

Distant Planet (Brawl)
-Pikmin Title Theme (Original)
-World Map Theme (New)

Warioware Inc. (Brawl)
-Warioware Inc. (Brawl)
-Ashley's Theme (Brawl)

Green Hill Zone (Brawl)
-Green Hill Zone (Original)
-Live and Learn (Original)

Tortimer Island
-Island Day/Minigame Theme (New)
-Kapp'n Song (New)

Wily Castle
-Mega Man 2 Medley (New)
-Mega Man 2 Medley (Original*)

Boxing Ring
-Running/Countdown Medley (New)
-Punch Out! Wii Minor Circuit (Original)

Pac-Maze
-Pac-Man Club Mix (New)
-Namco Medley? (New)

Gaur Plain
-And You Will Know Our Names (Original)
-Gaur Plain Theme (Original)

Pictochat 2
-Pictochat (Brawl)
-Dr. Mario Fever (Melee)

Find Mii
-Find Mii Final Boss (New)
-Find Mii 2: Save The World Heroes! (New)

Living Room
-Bath Time Theme Vocal Mix (New)
-Bath Time Theme Non-Vocal Mix (New)

Balloon Fight
-Balloon Fight Theme (New)
-Balloon Trip Theme (New)

Tomodachi Life
-Tomodachi Life (New)
-Mii Channel (New)

BONUS SONGS!
-Area 6/Missile Slipstream (New)
-Spark Man (New)
-Link to The Past Dark World/Dark Palace (New)
-Skyward Sword Ballad of The Goddess/Ghirahim Theme (New)
-Pac-Man Park (New)
-Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
-Wrath of The Reset Bomb (Original)
-With Mila's Divine Protection (Brawl)
-The Legendary Air Ride Machine (Brawl)
-Bramble Blast (Brawl)
-Temple (Melee)
-Tetris Type A (Brawl)
-Mechanical Rhythm (Original)

Kinsei

Banned

Yes it is. Classic mode uses a difficulty scale like Kid Icarus Uprising, so the difficulty goes from 0.0 to 9.0, and everything in between (i.e 0.1 0.2, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom