• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other Update from our Artist, Quas-Quas!

r3___3ds_wiiu_ssb_character_panels_by_quas_quas-d7505vb.png

Almost complete.... can't wait

It takes forever to exit the game.
Is this the same in the full version?

Yes, because it uses most of 'old' 3DS resources so it 'reboots' into OS. Expect it won't happen on 'new' 3DS

Skab

You know what I think I'm most disappointed about at the moment?

No Proto alt for Mega Man. (With scarf and glasses, not just color.)

Lunar15

No Isaac or Ray AT/Trophy has shown up yet? Hmmm

No Jill or Kat and Ana either. I wouldn't think too much into it. They're probably in the Wii U version or something.

Also, the Melee FD remix is just so good. Speaking of music, do we know what the second song on Arena Ferox is?

No Jill or Kat and Ana either. I wouldn't think too much into it. They're probably in the Wii U version or something.

Also, the Melee FD remix is just so good. Speaking of music, do we know what the second song on Arena Ferox is?

Kat and Ana are in the game.

Melee's Fire Emblem medley.

Moonlight

Banned

I think it's Id (Purpose) and Together We Ride. I definitely heard the latter in one of the pre-release streams.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Almost complete.... can't wait

3 more alts then we are done. I don't know if I should print it now since there is very tiny chance that we might get DLC characters.

Kat and Ana is in as many people said.

Jill, Barbara, Isaac and Ray Mk3 are still missing. I just hope that we don't have exclusive assist trophies but it seem to be more likely since we haven't seen Wii U screenshot of Prince Sable.

I really didn't see any difference. Also, they all seem to just grunt and laugh, so I wonder what are the chances that they just reused VA work from other games?

100%. I recognize practically every voice clip from all 8 of them. All NSMB voice clips, sadly. But hey, it's definitely good enough.

3 more alts then we are done. I don't know if I should print it now since there is very tiny chance that we might get DLC characters.

Kat and Ana is in as many people said.

Jill, Barbara, Isaac and Ray Mk3 are still missing. I just hope that we don't have exclusive assist trophies but it seem to be more likely since we haven't seen Wii U screenshot of Prince Sable.
Tony confirmed that Barbara isn't an assist trophy this time around, since her trophy is in the "Others" section.

Challenges in the third page are so hard, so I don't think we'll see a fourth page.

What kind of challenges are they? Are they the kind of things that are so hard to pull off deliberately, you'll only ever get by luck?

ha I remember accidently pulling up a shield in PM....and reflecting a fully charged shot back at Samus for the kill

Nearly all my successful powershields are accidents lol

Axass

Whoa, really? That's awesome. No Jill yet?

Melee Fire Emblem medley makes sense. It was in the robin trailer.

We're missing seven old AT (confirmed not to be in the 3DS version):

Isaac
Ray MK III
Jill
Barbara
Excitebikes
Helirin
Mr Resetti

Plus Gray Fox, who can't be in for obvious reasons.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
No Special Smashes?

Damn. the 3DS Version just sounds more and more disappointing.

Ryce

We're missing seven old AT (confirmed not to be in the 3DS version):

Isaac
Ray MK III
Jill
Barbara
Excitebikes
Helirin
Mr Resetti

Plus Gray Fox, who can't be in for obvious reasons.
Isaac, Jill, and Barbara appear exclusively in handheld games, so I doubt they’ll be in the Wii U version either. Weird.

Revven

No Special Smashes?

Damn. the 3DS Version just sounds more and more disappointing.

All the special smashes have been relegated to Smash Run, when you finish a Smash Run you can get a 1 minute Stamina match for example.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U version has the Special Smash mode as its own thing like in Melee/Brawl.

What kind of challenges are they? Are they the kind of things that are so hard to pull off deliberately, you'll only ever get by luck?

It's hard for my shitty skill :(

"clear 9.0"

"finish *insert modes* with all the characters"
"Win *insert modes* with all characters"

"10-man mode in 20 secs"
"110 kills in 3min mode"
"score over 50 in rival mode"
"destroy all red target in target blast"

DooD1234

Just tried the demo and woo, Mario and Link feels pretty good. Megaman seems interesting but he can't seem to do much at close range. Mega mans up-tilt doesn't seem so great as he can't do anything until he lands. Leaf shield seem pretty useless as you can't run around in it like a barrier and fight. Villager actually surprised me. He really fun to play. Never played Pikachu much so I can't tell if he feel better or not but still feel good to play. I just wish the demo let me customize controls, keep grabbing when I want to shield and shielding when I want to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom