• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

uh. I had my first multiplayer match on the demo and I'm.. disappointed to see the game is noticeably laggy (input wise) even on wireless? :/

really worried about how this will work online from Latin America..

Online is said to be better than local play for some people.

Golnei

uh. I had my first multiplayer match on the demo and I'm.. disappointed to see the game is noticeably laggy (input wise) even on wireless? :/

From most impressions, local wireless is actually considerably laggier than online in most cases.

JoeInky

I am interested in seeing how many people are getting input lag online.

I know people say there's very little lag, but are those people noticing input lag at all?

I seem to have a minimum input lag of .2 seconds and it's been up to .8 seconds before, average is around .4 I'd say, which is enough to feel off.

Makai

I am interested in seeing how many people are getting input lag online.

I know people say there's very little lag, but are those people noticing input lag at all?

I seem to have a minimum input lag of .2 seconds and it's been up to .8 seconds before, average is around .4 I'd say, which is enough to feel off.
I had maybe only a couple frames of lag against Anth0ny

fb8.gif
I saved that gif :p

when I play local multiplayer on the demo as long as I'm facing the person I'm playing with for some reason I don't have any lag at all. I've noticed it a few times but only when there's shit in the way of the 3DSs.

Molemitts

What does the 3DS use for local wireless communication? I'd imagine they focused on optimising online communication more than local, since the Wii U wont be using local communication. I'd think more people would be using online even on the 3DS, to be honest.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It is worth noting that Metaridley and Ridley are listed separately in that text dump.

MetaRidley is more likely to be a part of leftover dump from SSE. However Ridley is there along with Yellow Devil and Metal Face so it's more likely to be a files for stage hazard bosses.

Thanks for this. Palutena turns into a rushdown monster with the right customs.

I prefer the write up style more than short youtube clips, yes.
The YouTube clips are like 9-12 minutes long. I find that highly preferable to a text description, personally.

MetaRidley is more likely to be a part of leftover dump from SSE. However Ridley is there along with Yellow Devil and Metal Face so it's more likely to be a files for stage hazard bosses.
Makes sense.

Nabbit's there too. But that's kinda bugging me about it, there's no files there that really seem like they'd be stage bosses, and I'd expect there to be at least one or two more.
The backlash would be interesting. Fighting bosses is what every other game in the world does. The entire point of Smash is to let you play characters you never thought possible in a new context.

Hatchtag

Banned
The backlash would be interesting. Fighting bosses is what every other game in the world does. The entire point of Smash is to let you play characters you never thought possible in a new context.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about stage bosses and would prefer there not to be many of them. At the same time, it seems weird to hype this up as a big feature and then have there be literally only 3 defeatable stage bosses (Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face-and that's assuming those last two are defeatable).

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about stage bosses and would prefer there not to be many of them. At the same time, it seems weird to hype this up as a big feature and then have there be literally only 3 defeatable stage bosses (Yellow Devil, Ridley, and Metal Face-and that's assuming those last two are defeatable).
Especially when Yellow Devil is easily the worst part of the MM stage.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Are those the only stage bosses?

There are few more like Magikoopa (which would cast a spell to transform the stage layout for Mario Wii U stage) and Nabbit (which would snatch opponents into bag and running away if I recalled correctly).

I will take a second look at the list again to see if we have more.

Gleethor

There are few more like Magikoopa (which would cast a spell to transform the stage layout for Mario Wii U stage) and Nabbit (which would snatch opponents into bag and running away if I recalled correctly).

I will take a second look at the list again to see if we have more.

Where is this list?

So it seems that all of the clones (Dr. Mario, Dark Pit & Lucina) have the same customs as their counterparts, excluding Dr. Mario's tornado.

While the semi-clones (Toon Link, Ganondorf & Falco) have better diversity.

This seems likely but I haven't seen official confirmation. Of course, the Japanese version dropped even a little earlier on release day.

It would make sense because I doubt people on the east coast would want to wait at 3 AM to play smash compared to waiting at midnight. lol

Neiteio

Hey, I'm curious:

If you pause the game while standing atop the Blue Falcon in Mute City, and turn the camera sideways, what does the Blue Falcon look like from the side? It's a sprite, after all.

StayDead

Hey, I'm curious:

If you pause the game while standing atop the Blue Falcon in Mute City, and turn the camera sideways, what does the Blue Falcon look like from the side? It's a sprite, after all.

You know what I've never checked. Let me check for you.

Does he respawn instantly, as with Yellow Devil?

idk I've only seen it happen once, but he explodes in a similar fashion. The match ended shortly after so I'm not sure how long it takes. Probably a similar amount of time. I suppose I can try it out sometime.

Hey, I'm curious:

It's totally flat. It doesn't ever shift to different sprites under any condition, which is particularly apparent in For Glory mode when you're watching it from above and it takes a turn, facing forward the whole time.

Devo

For the people trying out local play - how many of you were playing? I tried the demo with my friend and 2 CPUs and it was completely lagless. We switched who hosted and there was no difference.

Wondering if it gets significantly worse with 3-4 or something...

Zubz

Banned
Nabbit's there too. But that's kinda bugging me about it, there's no files there that really seem like they'd be stage bosses, and I'd expect there to be at least one or two more.

Ditto. I'm glad there aren't as many stage bosses, but Nabbit means that they're including stage elements in there. Do we already know most of the Wii U version's stages? Because that'd be hugely disappointing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Played for a grand total of 5hrs. #2pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom