• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
After finally going through all 51 of NinjaLink's videos for the custom moves, I definitely feel that they should be tournament-legal. None of them feel broken or overpowered since they are all balanced against each other.

For example, you wanna give Bowser good vertical recovery? Then you sacrifice his out-of-shield up-B option. How about an arrow projectile for Link that can kill? Then you make it so that it's useless unless fully charged.

Not to mention that it severely buffs the characters that have bad default movesets, like Samus and Palutena.

NinjaLink also made the point that it's basically equivalent to choosing your ultra in SFIV.

I don't think I've seen any reasonable argument to not allow custom moves from anyone at least in this thread. It would do so much for the scene and make tournament matches much more fun to watch. Equipment on the other hand...I'm not too sure about.

Corgi

Banned
damn it, why is online apparently busted for many reviewers?

Whats the consensus for folks in japan playing against japanese folks?

Masked Man

I said wow
+9 handicap pls.

Just because I've had the game for three weeks doesn't mean I'm amazing or anything. ;P

Ike has the same voice as in Brawl. You're probably right about Falco, though.

Not crazy about the way they did those Palutena taunts but meh.

damn it, why is online apparently busted for many reviewers?

Whats the consensus for folks in japan playing against japanese folks?

I've only had considerable lag on a handful of matches, but overall it's been relatively smooth. The really bad matches, however, have been nigh unbearable. It was like playing a round of Pokémon, haha.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So many glitches...RUSHJOB.

Wonder if we'll see a patch released Oct. 3rd fixing some of the ones found in the JP Version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pss1GQ5qrjM

This looks even more traumatizing than the giant egg from Yoshi's New Island.

I swear that a similar glitch is in Melee...

I don't think I've seen any reasonable argument to not allow custom moves from anyone at least in this thread. It would do so much for the scene and make tournament matches much more fun to watch. Equipment on the other hand...I'm not too sure about.

Equipment is 100% gonna get banned, if that Link video is any indication.

Even if there is non-broken equipment, it'll be a logistical nightmare to only ban the broken ones.

That said, I can definitely see equipment-legal side tournies.

Lunar15

Really interested to see if they change up Falco and Ike's lines for the US Version...

I mean, Falco should have his 643D voice like Fox, right? And I can see them changing Ike since he's gotten a visual change.

I can confirm that Ike's lines haven't changed. 100% reused from Brawl.

Neiteio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pss1GQ5qrjM

This looks even more traumatizing than the giant egg from Yoshi's New Island.
Hmm...

100sdysd.png

101u8b23.png

103gjz88.png

Yeah, that's probably not supposed to happen... and during Fighting Mii Team, of all things, LOL

solomon

Holy shit after watching the japanese play I can't watch the american streamers for the most part, this game needs to hurry and come out so streams become more interesting.

Tenck

Lol played against some dude who went nothing but Ness. Unfortunately he got a taste of little Mac. Only lost three times I think out of like 15 or so. Then he went Mr. Game and watch and still lost. I would have continued but sleep time for me ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom