• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Link's still probably my favorite character in the demo, and I don't think I have EVER liked Link much in Smash before.
Yeah, this is the best Link has ever felt in smash besides project m. I just wish he had that semi spike back from melee. Spin attack is so useless as an attack.

Golnei

Yeah, this is the best Link has ever felt in smash besides project m. I just wish he had that semi spike back from melee. Spin attack is so useless as an attack.

It is kind of limited, especially considering his new up-air. Hopefully you can find more success with one of the custom variants.

DooD1234

Yo, ness back throw needs a nerf. Once you reach a certain percentage that pretty much a free KO. Also Sky Captain. Falcon will always be a winner to me.

jph139

I think it's a lot easier to notice the stuff that's worse than the stuff that's better. I mean, if a move you relied on in past games has been nerfed, you'll notice immediately; if a move that sucked in past games is buffed, it'll take you a while to realize it, since you'd never really try it out.

FSLink

Banned
Yes, but the second PK Thunder customization is Lucas' PK Thunder, and seems to be Ness' best PK Thunder.

I disagree thanks to Ness's default one having crazy killing power. It kills really early. Ness's Normal PK Thunder is also good for gimping.

Currently the characters I use the most in this game are:

Ness
Megaman
Little Mac
Robin
Pikachu
Kirby
Jigglypuff

Pulled off a turn around Falcon Punch with Kirby twice in one match against my friend's Captain Falcon yesterday. Little Mac is also surprisingly great, his ability to KO so early is unmatched, and being able to punish rolls or attacks with his KO Punch is always satisfying.

Blizzard

Banned
Yo, ness back throw needs a nerf. Once you reach a certain percentage that pretty much a free KO. Also Sky Captain. Falcon will always be a winner to me.
Oddly enough I was playing Smash 64 earlier today and commenting on Ness's back throw there...which was crazy powerful. :p

As for this tourney, at least Sheik wasn't in the final 2!

Mr. Fix

Dark Pit's forward throw, I think? Though that may be at 120, which is about 10% higher than what Ness needs to get his back throw kill.

DooD1234

Oddly enough I was playing Smash 64 earlier today and commenting on Ness's back throw there...which was crazy powerful. :p

As for this tourney, at least Sheik wasn't in the final 2!
I know, it made this tourney even better to watch. Seems like dealing with sheik needle is going to be annoying especially when sheik is already freakishly fast.

Clefargle

Question: What controller will you using for Smash 4?

The classic Gamecube Controller!
WiiU_GameCubeControllerSuperSmashBrosEdition_full.jpg

It's the one we all know and love and it's brand new! If you're new to smash expect to see a lot of these in competitive play.

Pros:

-Comfortable
-Badass smash logo on the new ones
-C-stick
-Nice big triggers
-Wired
-8 way gate on the analog stick

Cons:

-Only one bumper
-Wired
-Needs a costly adapter

The slick new Wii U Pro Controller!
9yy6-800.jpg

This is my favorite way to play nearly anything on Wii U. I don't see many people planning to use this, and that seems strange to me. I understand the wireless interference issues that can plague fightan game tourneys, but does that ruin this controller from the get-go?

Pros:

-COMFORTABLE, this one is somehow better in the hand than the GC was for me. And you know that's saying a lot.
-Light as hell
-Wireless
-Best battery life (in the multiverse?)

Cons:

- No c-stick, this weirds me out, because the people I've talked to want a c-stick but not how this controller provides. Someone explain pls.
- Wireless
- Circular gate on analog
-Triggers are buttons

The economic Nyko Pro Commander!
Wii-U-pro-Controller-Nyko-600x349.jpg

Don't know much about this one except that it is cheaper and changes around the home button. I've only read like two reviews and they seem fairly positive. Anyone with firsthand experience with this feel free to post.

Pros:
-Cheaper

Cons:
-Circular gate on analog
-Wireless
-???

The asymmetric Wii Remote+Nunchuck!
$T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8G+1BR)7QoPv4Q~~60_35.JPG

I used this one for Brawl and PM. It's a great alternative way to play. I lied earlier when I said the Wii U Pro Controller was the most comfortable, this one lets you relax and let your arms fall to your sides. Much less hunching forward over a gamepad.

Pros:
- Most comfortable
- 8 way gate on the analog stick
- Condom?

Cons:
- Wireless
- No c-stick

The faithful Classic Controller Pro!
B002TLTBN0.01.lg.jpg

I liked this one for VC games but the stick placement always threw me off. I've used this for brawl in a pinch and it was pretty standard.

Pros:

- better button placement/spacing?

Cons:

- Wireless

Others:

-Wii U Gamepad

wii_u_gamepad_stand.jpg

-3DS

b53c8d60_3ds_xl_black.jpeg

Not sure about this one:

-Wii remote sideways
-----------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you guys choose!

I plan on using the Wii CCP. The GC controller doesn't have a jump button near B for easy sliding, and I appreciate having that.

I am probably in the small minority that never liked the GC controller for Smash.

Clefargle

I plan on using the Wii CCP. The GC controller doesn't have a jump button near B for easy sliding, and I appreciate having that.

I am probably in the small minority that never liked the GC controller for Smash.

I wasn't sure if it was supported in this one, thanks for clarifying! I'll edit that in there.

What? The Pro controller's second stick can't function as a Smash-Stick/C-stick?

Also, I feel like controller talk could be better suited in the Wii U thread. But I'm not complaining.

Blizzard

Banned
It would be nice if the pro controller's second stick could be a smash stick. It is sad if it can't.

However, I will probably still try to use the pro controller. I don't like the really deep triggers on the gamecube controller (where I always feel like I'm not sure if it's registering) and the really shallow trigger buttons (which seem to be the first thing to break on Gamecube-style controllers).

Clefargle

What? The Pro controller's second stick can't function as a Smash-Stick/C-stick?

Also, I feel like controller talk could be better suited in the Wii U thread. But I'm not complaining.

It would be nice if the pro controller's second stick could be a smash stick. It is sad if it can't.

However, I will probably still try to use the pro controller. I don't like the really deep triggers on the gamecube controller (where I always feel like I'm not sure if it's registering) and the really shallow trigger buttons (which seem to be the first thing to break on Gamecube-style controllers).

I didn't mean to insinuate that it couldn't work as I c-stick. If I remember correctly for the bestbuy events it worked as a c-stick. What I meant was that some people are decrying the Pro Controller because it's right analog isn't placed where the GC c-stick is and is the same size as the other stick.

I didn't mean to insinuate that it couldn't work as I c-stick. If I remember correctly for the bestbuy events it worked as a c-stick. What I meant was that some people are decrying the Pro Controller because it's right analog isn't placed where the GC c-stick is and is the same size as the other stick.

Oh. Well if my time with Wii CCP meant anything it's that symmetrical, same size sticks aren't a problem for me when c-sticking. Might work even better with the Pro.

Still deciding on whether I should go Pro (and save a few bucks) or GC however.

Clefargle

Oh. Well if my time with Wii CCP meant anything it's that symmetrical, same size sticks aren't a problem for me when c-sticking. Might work even better with the Pro.

Still deciding on whether I should go Pro (and save a few bucks) or GC however.

I agree on the stick placement. I've seen the pro controller on sale at bestbuy before, but not recently.

Has there been any word on when the next set of amiibos will appear, or which characters they'll be? There weren't any I really really wanted out of the first set, but I still want to collect a few just to see how they work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom