• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

batfax

I think the main thing people are missing about this latest information from Sakurai himself: Since he liked FE: A a lot, there's a stronger chance for more awesome Fire Emblem arrangements in the Wii U version.

For talk of another FE main character: I still want Leif. His ability to capture enemies on top of being able to use any weapon type could really help him a lot as far as moveset potential goes.

Think of the hilarious recovery options. Some straight up Super Mario World Yoshi suicide leaps off the mount to keep the character alive as they fight without it, gimped a bit ala Ice Climbers.

hahahaha that sounds hilarious lol

also i love over stylized characters there fun :p

although better artist could have been chosen i think they got the whole costume thing pretty well but of course opinions and all that :p

zroid

Banned
Sigurd is one of my pipe dream characters - just based on his design, honestly. It'd be cool if he showed up as an Assist Trophy or something at least.

8d4sGfQ.png

And people think Marth is bishie...

his torso looks really odd for some reason

JoeM86

Being the Internet's sole cat-despiser makes me feel special

I'm allergic to them, so you're not alone :p

====

How has nobody posted it?
zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

Pic of the day. We have Nintendogs plus cats! How could we forget them!! Just FYI, there are about five dog breeds in this game. This was me, reporting from the 3DS-exclusive stage, Living Room.

Zubz

Banned
Sigurd is one of my pipe dream characters - just based on his design, honestly. It'd be cool if he showed up as an Assist Trophy or something at least.

8d4sGfQ.png

I barely know anything about this Sigurd guy, but now I want either him in, or for Marth to have an alt of his stylish outfit. An outfit like that simply cannot go to waste!

ffdgh

====

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

Pic of the day. We have Nintendogs plus cats! How could we forget them!! Just FYI, there are about five dog breeds in this game. This was me, reporting from the 3DS-exclusive stage, Living Room.

...Well I got peach so I'm happy.

====

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

Now where's the Scottish Fold?

Tripon

====

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

filler pic? Filler pic.

====

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

That cat, cute :3

Durden77

====

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

Is that Sakurai's actual cat? Hah.

Kriken

zlCfzSLPQME07YwO0O

It's not 3 AM yet, I wasn't even looking for it yet. Also, yay cats :p

Ezalc

Wait a moment please

You realize that Lucina has gameplay differences from Marth, right? As slight as they are, that alone should warrant making her a fully fledged character. In addition, the fact that she's playable allows to have her own set of Taunts, Arcade mode and trophy. Furthermore, Chrom wouldn't work as an alt to Marth due to his completely different fighting style (slower, powerful strikes + aether)

I don't feel like she's different enough to warrant that no. Nothing says that he couldn't have given her those taunts as an alt costume, has Sakurai described what the Arcade mode even is in the Wii U game? And there are a bunch of trophies for non-playable characters so I don't see this point at all. Ehhh Sakurai has been shown to twist characters to justify things in the past, good example being Robin being able to use dark magic and Ike in Brawl being nothing like how he was in Path of Radiance.

Sakurai already explained why. Unlike the male and female versions of Robin, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager, Lucina is actually her own character with her own name and her own personality, so Sakurai thought she'd be better served in her own slot.

This is just making it feel that he liked the character so he made a loophole to include her in it.

i think having characters on horse back seems kinda weird to be honest :/ but i like the sound of the dread fighter being a character :p

Worked for Jojo and that had two characters on horseback! Plus Wario had his bike, I can kind of sort of see horseback, it just seems like it'd be fun too.

8d4sGfQ.png

Sigurd is probably my favorite lord, and I remember a long time ago in like Melee he was almost put in or something if I'm not mistaken due to his popularity. Sigurd is nowhere near as bishie as Marth, you have to consider that the last new official work for Sigurd is from the 90s that had a totally different style compared to Marth who had new artwork done for him for the remakes and Awakening. I was hoping Sigurd would get redesigned for Awakening but we got Seliph who looks pretty cool in the new art.

Think of the hilarious recovery options. Some straight up Super Mario World Yoshi suicide leaps off the mount to keep the character alive as they fight without it, gimped a bit ala Ice Climbers.
This sounds great actually.

Honestly, one of the things Sakurai never seems to acknowledge with FE reps, until robin was the fact that basically every lord can usually wield more than one weapon, and the fact of class change. I remember somebody talking about differentiating Chrom by making his FS class change and I thought that'd be a fun idea. Ike can wield axes IIRC in Radiant Dawn and Lucina gets lances when she class changes, I'm not sure about Marth. I would have liked to see those features in their movesets somehow.

Wait, did they seriously...

What happened?

i think the artists were told they had to give redesign characters costumes based on classes that have existed. some worked and others were fairly hit and miss to lots of people

Worked for Jojo and that had two characters on horseback! Plus Wario had his bike, I can kind of sort of see horseback, it just seems like it'd be fun too.

Okay jojo and smash are two different games lol but ill give you the wario bike :p

Cool Cats! Just having this conversation with my family. My sister likes dogs and plans to get one. I like cats and will never ever get any type of pet ever.

Now I will sleep. Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom