• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Not sure if what I intended to say came through. That shop of Chrom is not terrible, although it is very likely fake. However, for what it's worth, it is a decent mock-up of what Chrom could look like in Smash on the Wii U. =)

As for the Nester fake, it looked like it came out of the original Virtua Fighter's nightmares

Everyone's too busy catching Pokemon on Google Maps =p

I was being sarcastic and referring to the fact that before that pic I didnt know who Nester was

Shun

Opinions on adding a tag team mechanic to Smash?

You choose two characters at the beginning and you play Smash as you would always, but you have another character to switch in as for support.

Both characters have different percentage meters.

You gain a tag button. You can only tag-switch on the ground, unless you initiate a combo. You'd be able to switch characters mid-combo after a finishing move.

However you can break from an air combo through tag-crashing. The tradeoff would be that you can't tag characters for the rest of the match if you resort to tag crashing.

It would add another level of depth to the gameplay by forcing you to evaluate options and it would extend matches. You would also be able to do insane combos such as a Marth Ken Combo, tag in Captain Falcon and finish off with a Falcon Punch.

TTT2WiiU_2_thumb.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Tag Tournament

I was being sarcastic and referring to the fact that before that pic I didnt know who Nester was

Oh geez haha. That sarcasm was an airplane; went way over my head

You gain a tag button. You can only tag-switch on the ground, unless you initiate a combo. You'd be able to switch characters mid-combo after a finishing move.

Isn't that Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in a nutshell? =p I would like a tage-mode option, but only if there would be a unique form of tagging and not necessarily having the ability to tag mid-combo

Shun

Oh geez haha. That sarcasm was an airplane; went way over my head

Isn't that Marvel vs. Capcom 3, in a nutshell? =p I would like a tage-mode option, but only if there would be a unique form of tagging and not necessarily having the ability to tag mid-combo

I was thinking more along the lines of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in that you can tag mid combo, but the thing is that even though you have separate percentage bars you still share stocks.

e.g.: I play as Marth/Rosalina and Marth gets KO'd I lose a stock.

I was thinking more along the lines of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 in that you can tag mid combo, but the thing is that even though you have separate percentage bars you still share stocks.

I can dig it! Seems like it'd change the Smash formula up quite a lot, so I hope you're just htinking it'd be a versus battle option, alongside coin and regular stock matches

this sounds like nobody's gonna tag after losing their first stock

You choose two characters at the beginning and you play Smash as you would always, but you have another character to switch in as for support.

However you can break from an air combo through tag-crashing. The tradeoff would be that you can't tag characters for the rest of the match if you resort to tag crashing.

It would add another level of depth to the gameplay by forcing you to evaluate options and it would extend matches. You would also be able to do insane combos such as a Marth Ken Combo, tag in Captain Falcon and finish off with a Falcon Punch.

TTT2WiiU_2_thumb.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Tag Tournament
I had a similar idea although people just choose two to four characters and once the first character dies you move on to the next. Although your idea is more interesting although I could see Sakurai deeming it too complicated for casual players.

Ah ok this is where this is going.

Well at least on my behalf I cannot prove to you that my friend called WFT because I have conversations outside of internet forums.
Well at least on my behalf I cannot prove to you that my friend called WFT because I have conversations outside of internet forums.[/QUOTE]

Late to party but your anecdotal, 3rd person account is useless here village. It doesn't define or even color the overall perception of the fan base regarding WFT as a possible roster pick, whereas the fact that she didn't show up once in a roster selection guess thread on a major forum composed of diehard Nintendo fans is actual concrete evidence, though just a sampling as it may be.

Late to party but your anecdotal, 3rd person account is useless here village. It doesn't define or even color the overall perception of the fan base regarding WFT as a possible roster pick, whereas the fact that she didn't show up once in a roster selection guess thread on a major forum composed of diehard Nintendo fans is actual concrete evidence, though just a sampling as it may be.

What the hell was the point of dragging this conversation back up again?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Somewhat related to Smash, but in the April Fools thread, some video game developer's blog is teasing a PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale 2 announcement tomorrow (4/2).

I'd like to see Sony take another stab at it, personally, but they must be brave, if this is true, to seemingly wanna compete with Smash 4.

TTT2WiiU_2_thumb.jpg

I think this is a GREAT idea. No problem in adding a tag mode in addition to the other vs modes. It may require extra balancing though.

I think this is a GREAT idea. No problem in adding a tag mode in addition to the other vs modes. It may require extra balancing though.

It's definitely an interesting idea. Thinking about all the possible team-ups, that's a good way to show off characters with a lot of utility but never get picked. Or it might just end up with people picking 2 top tier characters.

Shun

It's definitely an interesting idea. Thinking about all the possible team-ups, that's a good way to show off characters with a lot of utility but never get picked. Or it might just end up with people picking 2 top tier characters.

Imagine playing as a Jigglypuff/Ganondorf team.

Jigglypuff Wall-of-Pain's them off the stage, tag in Ganon for a stomp-spike. GG

Melee tag team: Fox/Falco
Brawl tag team: MK/ICs
yay

No need to balance when items will do that for you. I'm predicting rosalina doing stuff

top tier characters tend to be fast, so not really :p

All of them are referred to by their species name, and not one of their species is "Dog."

Not even wolves are technically dogs.

Yes they are. Dogs were artificially selected by humans, from wolves. Same DNA. Same as humans being naturally selected evolutionarily, from apes. We are apes. Wolves are dogs.

GamerSoul

I think there should definitely be a mode where you can pick multiple characters. I remember discussing it with village awhile back. There are many different way s they can implement it.

top tier characters tend to be
fast, so not really :p

They get to the items first too.

Top Bottom