• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Berordn

But it's not the only thing he does, you know? That's why I said more defining. They're saving it for when Cranky's a newcomer.

Even the original DK did more than toss barrels, though. The barrels were just a single stage.

DKC DK spends more of his games throwing barrels than Arcade DK.

Further proof to me that this is either super good stage builder or adventure mode! It's nowhere near the standard set by other stages.
It kind of makes sense if you think of it as the new Temple, that stage kinda looked bland at certain points, but looked good overal due to the size.

Of course... That wouldn't explain the spring.

It kind of makes sense if you think of it as the new Temple, that stage kinda looked bland at certain points, but looked good overal due to the size.

Of course... That wouldn't explain the spring.

New Rumble Falls is a better description, that stage was generic set piece gallore.

DaBoss

All I'm trying to say is that I hope this is representation of the new fancy stage builder, rather than a part of the kid icarus stage. I think a few bits of the level, the spring, the spike ball, the way the platforms look like they're placed there haphazardly, make it seem like a fancy stage builder level, and not something that was sculpted and created to be a unique level in smash. The geometry is very square and rudimentary, the tiles repeat very uniformly, nothing about this stage is very impressive, visually or aesthetically.

The fact that anyone is even mentioning that this could possibly be a part of the new stage builder (where that comment has not been uttered before in any other stage reveal) means it's that if it's *NOT* a stage-builder level, then it's pretty underwhelming. At the very least, it could be part of the new adventure mode.

In fact, today's screenshot somewhat reminds me of the adventure mode screenshot we got. Pretty background. Lackluster, foreground.
The only part that looks like it is from a stage builder is the spring. Anything else is just conjecture.

The placements of the platforms are unique to Smash 4. Look at every other stage. There really isn't anything like this stage.

The fact that people mentioned stage builder is because of the spring is from Brawl's stage builder. Everything else mentioned was by you.
The only part that connects to the ACTUAL foreground is the ceiling, so I do not deny the possibility that this is, in-fact, part of a bigger level, and not actually a level-editor. That said, it's not too far fetched to assume it could be some crazy improvement made to the level editor.
It is far-fetched to assume that they would create backgrounds that would connect to the foreground. The steps part is directly aligned with the foreground.

The backgrounds in Brawl's stage builder were just backgrounds. They were set in place and didn't seem to have any structures. If that was a background, it would look weird if someone were to just place platforms randomly.
I just meant it felt like it was a 'block' with 'column designs' placed on top of the existing platform below it (which extends through the edge of the screen). Compare today's shot with something like Hyrule Temple where the columns feel connected to the stage, and not like they're part of a tileset placed on top of another tileset.
I see what you mean here and agree, but not all stages have the same design ideas.
Further proof to me that this is either super good stage builder or adventure mode! It's nowhere near the standard set by other stages.
Just because people called it bland does not mean it is a stage builder or part of an adventure mode which he outright denied.

Want me to show you the other stages SuperSah called bland? Would that be proof that other stages were made by a stage builder?

This part of stage is bad looking from that pic, but saying that people thinking the stage looks bad is proof for a stage builder is laughable. A stage can look bad just because it looks bad and not because it is a part of a stage builder.

Vidiot

I've hit a point where all these tease updates aren't interesting to me anymore. I just want to play the damn game already. It's a long road to November. I hope we get an e3 blowout to hold me over.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've hit a point where all these tease updates aren't interesting to me anymore. I just want to play the damn game already. It's a long road to November. I hope we get an e3 blowout to hold me over.

8th guy down, many people to go! Sakurai, is that what you are trying to do when you are held back the character reveals..

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

DaBoss

At least we're +-49 updates away from my presumed E3 date.

The big countdown of 50 updates to E3 has begun.
E3 is starting on June 10th, so Nintendo's Pre-E3 conference should be on June 10th as well.

So if Sakurai does a daily image on the date of E3 as well, then we have 50 POTDs to wait for.

Do you still have that avatar? I'm thinking about use that avatar in the future. Dictator Mario

SrI5adr.png

Would you guys be okay with this game being delayed till 2015? With mk8 and my backlog of games and upcoming gba games I'd be okay with a delay.

Pociask

LOL. Concept art for the discarded Super Bowser game? The Mario Bros. have kidnapped Baby Bowser and the Koopa Kids, and imprisoned them in the dungeon underneath Princess Peach's Castle. Are you a bad enough koopa to defeat an army of Toads and finally end Mario's reign of terror?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Would you guys be okay with this game being delayed till 2015? With mk8 and my backlog of games and upcoming gba games I'd be okay with a delay.

If there's a good reason; yes. I could wait until 2016 if it presented a significant improvement. MK8 and MGO3 would tide me over until then.

If it's because they wanted to add Shadow in at the last minute; no.

Hahahaha.....NOPE. I'll go apeshit if the game isn't released by November. 2015 is UNACCEPTABLE

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason we haven't gotten a release date yet is because Nintendo knows how had a delay would be for the system. It could have been delayed a few times already, we have no way of knowing.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason we haven't gotten a release date yet is because Nintendo knows how had a delay would be for the system. It could have been delayed a few times already, we have no way of knowing.

If they never announce the release date, then people will be waiting forever. That said, look at how long it took for Xenoblade to arrive in Europe and the US. Fans will wait for anything.

EDIT:
And then you have The Last Guardian and Half Life 3.

ffdgh

That's nice for you but no. I need my mk8 and smash fix this year. =(

Unless the absolutely need to delay it, noooope.

If they never announce the release date, then people will be waiting forever. That said, look at how long it took for Xenoblade to arrive in Europe and the US. Fans will wait for anything.
Yeah! I mean I guess they still have to get it done by the end of the year, but imagine the fan outrage if it was originally announced for June then way delayed until October vs us getting an October release date at E3 this year.

Yeah! I mean I guess they still have to get it done by the end of the year, but imagine the fan outrage if it was originally announced for June then way delayed until October vs us getting an October release date at E3 this year.

well.....yes of course
that's to be expected

Top Bottom