• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzR3ngCkyiOa9z1

Pic of the day. With the Super Leaf, any fighter can have ears and a tail. You can also float in the air by pressing the jump button. We're still figuring out whether you'll be able to attack with the tail...

Does fox get double tails? only 7000 more years til 9 tails!

I'm sure it's been discussed, but just in case it hasn't or you haven't seen it yet, the E3 press release mentioned that Smash Bros for Wii U has a 2014 release date. It seems like we shouldn't have to worry about it slipping into early 2015.

b8rKNPM.png

1aMw23G.png

Gonna be interesting to see how Sakurai tackles this...

I'm sure it's been discussed, but just in case it hasn't or you haven't seen it yet, the E3 press release mentioned that Smash Bros for Wii U has a 2014 release date. It seems like we shouldn't have to worry about it slipping into early 2015.

It's been 2014 for pretty much forever?

Hatchtag

Banned

Yeah. Today's announcements have changed my guess from February-March 2015 to November-December 2014. If it's ready enough for a tourney and a demo, and if they're putting this high of a focus on the Wii U version, it's probably coming out before the end of the year.

Yeah. Today's announcements have changed my guess from February-March 2015 to November-December 2014. If it's ready enough for a tourney and a demo, and if they're putting this high of a focus on the Wii U version, it's probably coming out before the end of the year.

To think otherwise was pretty silly from the start. Its was obvious that this was their big Holiday title, to let this game slip past the Christmas Holidays would have been a huge waste.

There were many people that thought Winter 2014 meant Early 2015 for whatever reason. *shrugs*

But they're just those weird pessimistic people that'll think it's getting delayed even when we're a week from its release.

lol, there is no possible way the Wii U version could be delayed to 2015 if it is good enough shape for a livestreamed official tournament, though it is weird that they haven't decided on implementing a tanooki tail attack or not..

So if you think Nov-Dec for Wii U, what do you think about the 3DS release period?

They better be airing that Smash 3DS goodness.

I am sure there will be plenty of show floor footage of the 3ds version but unfortunately off screen and not good enough quality to do it justice. I am sure we will get more footage of it during the Developer Direct portion of E3 though , at least.

SuperSah

Banned
I am sure there will be plenty of show floor footage of the 3ds version but unfortunately off screen and not good enough quality to do it justice. I am sure we will get more footage of it during the Developer Direct portion of E3 though , at least.

Seeing it on-screen in my own hands is gonna be so good.

ryanofcall

6QHDOb8.jpg

Dark Pit right next to Pit on the new Nintendo Toy line.
Dark Pit alternate costume for Super Smash Bros for Wii U & Super Smash Bros. for 3DS confirmed.

edit:
Fire Mario & Ice Luigi alternate costumes aswell.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
6QHDOb8.jpg

Dark Pit alternate costume for Super Smash Bros for Wii U & Super Smash Bros. for 3DS pretty much confirmed.

It already was a colour scheme in Brawl. Also that image is clearly a cropped image of the Pit figma:

I5qRGgT.jpg

NeonZ

6QHDOb8.jpg

Dark Pit alternate costume for Super Smash Bros for Wii U & Super Smash Bros. for 3DS confirmed.

Dark Pit was based on an alternate color scheme for Pit in Brawl.

edit: Fire Mario & Ice Luigi alternate costumes aswell.
Fire Mario also was in Brawl. I hope they include flight star Mario from Galaxy 1.

ryanofcall

I know, but we didn't have these confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & Super Smash Bros. for 3DS I think ;)

edit:
It already was a colour scheme in Brawl. Also that image is clearly a cropped image of the Pit figma:

I5qRGgT.jpg
Oh yeah, probably a place holder then :/

Axass

6QHDOb8.jpg

edit:

Where does that come from and why is Metroid mispelled? Surely it can't be an official document from Nintendo?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Unless Kirby isn't playable!

I'm pretty sure that they disabled Kirby in Brawl Demo, so I wouldn't be surprised that they would do same thing.

That gif never had charm. >_>

Haha because is it because of you are in one of those GIF?

So I guess no one cares about Palutena being in the pic?

We already knew that statue for awhile.

Wheres the wing coming from?

Palutena's statue, and it was in the game.

webrunner

It means they're still testing out ideas to see if anything works. You realize the game is still in development, right?

a feature like that wouldn't be in development still for a game that's coming out in a few months.. the game has to be final pretty soon in order to make printing after all.
although it is possible they have the attack in and may remove it for balance reasons.

georly

It means they're still testing out ideas to see if anything works. You realize the game is still in development, right?

a feature like that wouldn't be in development still for a game that's coming out in a few months.. the game has to be final pretty soon in order to make printing after all.
although it is possible they have the attack in and may remove it for balance reasons.

At this point in time, for a game that's 4 months away, minor things can be tweaked, so they must already have it implemented in some fashion. It should be mostly testing for the 3DS version at the moment, though. It could also mean that this is a Wii U ONLY item (do we have shots of it for 3ds?)

georly

Based on the mario kart direct:

If you can upload your highlight reels to 'mario kart tv' AND to youtube, there is *NO* reason why smash won't let you do this, too. That's amazing.

Berordn

Based on the mario kart direct:

If you can upload your highlight reels to 'mario kart tv' AND to youtube, there is *NO* reason why smash won't let you do this, too. That's amazing.

Other than Smash is being developed by a different studio and may not have made it a priority to include?

georly

Other than Smash is being developed by a different studio and may not have made it a priority to include?

Sure, while that's true, it means the Wii U is actually CAPABLE of allowing it. What game could use replays as well or better than mario kart than smash? If smash doesn't have it, then it's a real shame, and we can't blame anyone but the smash bros dev studio (instead blaming the hardware).

Now that we know that they *CAN* do it, there's no reason they SHOULDNT do it, and it'll just be incredibly disappointing if they don't.

Toxi

Banned
6QHDOb8.jpg

edit:
Wait there's a Metroid Metriod toy? One that's not attached to a 100 dollar zero suit statue?

Holy shit I need that
Totally forgot that there was a trophy in Melee and i love the last sentence:
raccoon_mario.jpg
Lol raccoon

Metal B

I would be terrible disappointed, if all those modes (Tournament, Lobbies) and features (Uploads, TV, Voice-Chat) are not also in SSB4 =/ At least the WIiU should have those feature with all the extra time they have ...

Top Bottom