• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 7: How Can My Smash Brother Be This Cut

-Horizon-

When this trophy popped up, I nearly fell out of my chair. Forgot that evil version existed, and was barely paying attention to the screen at that moment, then suddenly right in my face that turns around. :b
One of the scariest most tense moments in the Smash Direct for sure.

Basically notlikethis.gif

Ryce

We'll get a Pac-Man trailer during Nintendo's "Digital Event," and maybe another newcomer will be revealed on the show floor like Wii Fit Trainer was last year.

Anth0ny

How hype would this be?

- NEWCOMER: Palutena -- A hovering staff-and-shield user who fires rays of light, zips around on grind-rails and conjures up Centurions.
- Chaos Kin is the boss hazard for Palutena's Temple on WiiU, possessing players and fleeing when in trouble.
- Lightning Battle is the second Kid Icarus stage on WiiU, with Phosphora and Thanatos stage hazards, and running commentary from the gods.
- Medusa's Castle is the second Kid Icarus stage on 3DS, complementing Palutena's Temple on WiiU. It features the Underworld Gatekeeper as the boss hazard.
- Cragalanche is the boss hazard for the Reset Bomb Forest on 3DS, his weak spot located on his bottom.
- NEWCOMER: Medusa -- Wields a staff and fires magic with petrifying properties. For her Final Smash, her head flies around in monster form.
- Sakurai strongly hints that there may be one more newcomer from Kid Icarus, with clues that all but confirm Hades.
- Assist Trophies are also shown, including Magnus & Gaol, a two-in-one AT where Gaol fires magic from afar and Magnus fights with his club up close.
- Another Assist Trophy is the Eggplant Wizard, who turns players into walking eggplants who can't fight and must run.
- A variant of the above AT is the Tempura Wizard, who turns players into fried shrimp and then chases them down for a OHKO.
- Yet another Assist Trophy is the sun god, Pyrrhon, who flies around the stage torching players while cracking one-liners.

The above is all unveiled in a two-in-one newcomer trailer during Nintendo's E3 Digital Event.

Other newcomers receive their own trailers during the E3 Digital Event:

- Shulk, from Xenoblade
- Ridley, from Metroid
- Pac-Man, from Pac-Man

After the E3 Digital Event, but before the tournament, a sixth newcomer is shown: Mii! You can play as any Mii on your 3DS or WiiU.

A number of veterans are also confirmed:

- Wario
- Ice Climbers
- Captain Falcon
- Ness
- R.O.B.
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Mewtwo
- Snake

All of the above characters are available in the tournament, alongside the characters previously announced. More newcomers and veterans are promised.

that would be fucking nuts

I'm not expecting more than Pac Man, Mii and two veterans, who I'm going to say are Wario and Captain Falcon.

Can't have a Smash tournament without Captain Falcon.

There's no way they could pull that off with a physical game without it being leaked. The second the release date pops up in a stores database, an employee will post it online.

My original concept involved it being digital first with an ASAP physical release as soon as shipping starts, Wind Waker HD-style, for that very reason.

I'll admit that having THAT much Uprising content is way too much to ask for, but implying having any of that is shit? Only thing that needs to get out is you.

I fucking love Uprising, don't get me wrong. My use of the word 'shit' usually isn't negative per say. It's a bad replacement for stuff because I get annoyed by the word 'stuff' in general. My bad.

kirby_fox

Banned
The only characters they can choose for Smash 4 in this tourney are of the original 12.

I'd also find it awesome if they did an HD digital release of Smash 64.

I don't know. It will be very tough decision. Pit, Mega Man or Little Mac?

Are we twins? I think I landed on Megaman though. (I mean, come on it's Megaman and I would be stabbing my childhood if I don't IMO)

Just as well: My best mate is totally going Little Mac as a counter ;P

CAN'T FAUWKING WAIT

For veterans; probably Marth. The Direct footage has seen nice things for Marth, mostly indicating Melee-esque range. With non-cancelable hitstun appearing to make a comeback, I'd want to juggle and use risky edgeguards against opponents like in Melee haha.

If not Marth, then Fox. Fox has been awesome to play in 64, Melee and Brawl, so I can't wait to see how well he plays in Smash 4. The faster the better.

For newcomers, I'd want to play Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer.

Gotta re-astablish that TIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRr, son!

(dat fair>upair>Uptilt/Up smash)

I better be able to uppercut fools off the top with Dancing Blade, dammit

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of kirby hats, I still can't imagine what he'll wear for Villager, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.

Poyunch

Speaking of kirby hats, I still can't imagine what he'll wear for Villager, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.

Maybe a callback to OG Animal Forest with hat horns. Or reference the numerous hats you can wear in the series. It would be fun if it was somewhat randomized or if it referenced a special hat like the expensive crowns.

i4w7LI7ba0OHC.gif

OMG, LOL. Good on so many levels, damn...

Blues1990

For Little Mac & the Wii Fit Trainer, my guess is Kirby will gain their respective hair styles & skin tones. Mega Man will be pretty obvious, but I'm stumped when it came to the villager.

I wonder if Kirby will get Little Mac's meter when he copies him, since that's tied to his B move.

Also I wonder if Kirby will get a different hat depending on if he copies the male or female Wii Fit Trainer. Probably not. Watching Kirby do their B move will be amusing, though.

And finally, I wonder what Rosalina Kirby will do, since her B move is Luma Shot. Surely he won't get his own Luma?

I wonder if Kirby will get Little Mac's meter when he copies him, since that's tied to his B move.

Also I wonder if Kirby will get a different hat depending on if he copies the male or female Wii Fit Trainer. Probably not. Watching Kirby do their B move will be amusing, though.

And finally, I wonder what Rosalina Kirby will do, since her B move is Luma Shot. Surely he won't get his own Luma?

If I recall correctly, Kirby didn't inherit Lucario's Aura mechanic in Brawl.

popyea

I actually wonder if they take Kirby into account every time they add a new character or if he's an afterthought.

Some might be harder than others, but there would always be a solution. They can do anything they like really, the weirder the better. I'd imagine his villager form would basically turn him into a pink version of the villager's head, with the animal crossing facial features all there.

Wow, somewhat off-topic, but ABC's The Goldberg's just aired an episode dedicated to the Punch Out for the arcade a few episodes after they had an episode about being Zelda on the NES. Nintendo working with the advertising already?

Even weirder is the ads for this episode replaced Punch Out with Pacman. Just found it to be a funny coincidence all around.

Shun

tumblr_m2tk5aguOL1qagop1o1_r1_500.gif

This would be a cool throw if we got a robot like Sukapon as a character.

I hope they get creative with some moves.

Top Bottom