• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

I love seeing Yoshi's new moves, they look awesome. I'll miss the headbutt dash though, you could make nice combos with it in Melee.

Another Code (as well as Hotel Dusk/Last Window) and Eternal Darkness are both completely owned by Nintendo.

Another Code and Eternal Darkness are both owned by Nintendo. They funded development and published them in all regions.

Thanks for clarification. I already saw Eternal Darkness' producers including Miyamoto and Iwata but couldn't find info on Another Code. I knew about Hotel Dusk because it's a trophy in Brawl, but I wasn't sure about that game's ties to Another Code. :)

NeonZ

Or name, taunts, and general personality. The "different character as an alternate costume" idea will always be terrible.

If they can change the voice track, they could make alternate costumes with altered names if they felt like it, which would be much simpler. Namco itself has done that in previous Tekken games.

And, well, there's that mysterious Dark Pit tease, which hopefully is for a costume with new name and voice track, not a character...

All those girl characters, even a May avatar, and you forgot our one and only true pirate queen, Captain Syrup.

Yes! Hail! Captain Syrup!

Captain_Syrup_%28Wario_Land_Shake_It%21%29.png

Smash needs more villains,

Never actually played a game with her in it so I don't know much about her. The pics make her look like someone I'd think is kinda cool but not really someone I'd be fussed about playing :p

You seem to prefer the characters over their playstyle, and seem to favor strong women, yes? Captain Syrup is pretty much the epitome of that. She's a leader of her own pirate crew, and takes advantage of her series' protagonist (Wario) at basically every opportunity.

Golnei

If they can change the voice track, they could make alternate costumes with alternate names if they felt like it.

Well, there's that mysterious Dark Pit tease, which hopefully is for a costume with new name and voice track, not a character...

I think literal clones/copies are exempt - Snake had costumes with Big Boss's camo patterns, Pit had Dark Pit, Falcon had Blood Falcon, both Links had ones based on Dark Link. If the character's name can feasibly be used to refer to them, they can be included.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So, since every artist online is doing their version of "Let's Draw the New Smash Roster!," I thought I'd get it on the fun as well.
I plan on making a collage with the entire new roster by the time the Wii U version comes out, but I want to also have pieces with smaller collections of characters. I started with the 3rd party characters. Have a gander:

buPxUic.png

It's not as fancy as Neorice's pixel art or Quas-Quas' stained glass art, but it's a lot of fun to try and think of mini art pieces for each character. Hope you guys dig it! There's also a higher quality version here if you're interested.

Your work look pretty good.

Have we discussed the Smash possibilities regarding Capcom's "going on sale" situation? For those unaware, here's a good sum up of the situation.

Well, I don't know. I would rather to let thing happens before I would speculate anything on that. :p

You seem to prefer the characters over their playstyle, and seem to favor strong women, yes? Captain Syrup is pretty much the epitome of that. She's a leader of her own pirate crew, and takes advantage of her series' protagonist (Wario) at basically every opportunity.

As long as I like/identify with a character I'll adapt to their playstyle :3
'Strong women' feels like a cliche thrown around too much these days. I just like someone who feels potentially mischievous and/or cute.
Captain Syrup isn't really the kind of character I play given the choice :/ Her 'mischief' seems more malign than playful.

kirby_fox

Banned
I know they're not technically for sale, but from my understanding any of their IP's are now fair game to be sold, correct? I honestly am not super up to speed on the situation, as I didn't even know Capcom was having financial trouble outside of the lukewarm sales of Resident Evil 6.

I do wonder how Sakurai would react if a new game were made and Nintendo did own some new Capcom properties. I find it similar to Disney now integrating Star Wars into everything as if it had been a Disney property all along (granted, they had some Star Wars rides at Disney Land, but still).

You should read up. It's basically a stock buyout that was approved by the stockholders. So before if say Nintendo wanted to buy Capcom and 51% of stockholders agreed to sell, Capcom would be able to buy the stock back themselves so they wouldn't be owned by another company and to stop the buyout.

Now if Nintendo wanted to, Capcom would just have to give in to the buyout and wouldn't follow the plan to not be bought out like before. The stockholders basically are OK'ing a buyout if it comes to that.

Another Code (as well as Hotel Dusk/Last Window) and Eternal Darkness are both completely owned by Nintendo.

I'm trying to imagine the main character from Eternal Darkness (whose name escapes me) as a Smash character. It would be sort of an off-the-wall choice, but between her sword and all her spells
PARGON PARGON PARGON
she has potential. I think she'd be better as an AT, though.

Durden77

I don't know if this has been brought up, and it probably doesn't mean much, but at the end of the Ridley shadow clip, you can get a better look at him.

WHDmnbr.gif

Looks like he's jumping or flying upwards or something. You can see his Other M head and his arms from the looks of it.

As long as I like/identify with a character I'll adapt to their playstyle :3
'Strong women' feels like a cliche thrown around too much these days. I just like someone who feels potentially mischievous and/or cute.
Captain Syrup isn't really the kind of character I play given the choice :/ Her 'mischief' seems more malign than playful.

Well... she IS a villain. So yeah, she IS malign in her mischief.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to deliver.

See GamerSoul's avatar. Might answer everything =D

I saw it, I still am not entirely sure what the gif means. It could be agreement, it could be sarcastic agreement, it could be frustrated discontent over my portrayal of the character. I just dunno. It can be anything, really.

I'm trying to imagine the main character from Eternal Darkness (whose name escapes me) as a Smash character.

Some characters I'd love to see as DLC or whatever:
* Dixie Kong
* Goombella (Paper Mario)
* Hikari (Shin Onigashima)
* Inkling (Splatoon)
* Lip (Panel De Pon)
* Marina Lightyears (Mischief Makers)

Honourable/Interesting mentions:
* Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default)
* Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) <----------------------
* Ashley Mizuki Robbins (Another Code)
* Drawcia (Kirby Canvas Curse)
* Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame IV)

:p

You should read up. It's basically a stock buyout that was approved by the stockholders. So before if say Nintendo wanted to buy Capcom and 51% of stockholders agreed to sell, Capcom would be able to buy the stock back themselves so they wouldn't be owned by another company and to stop the buyout.

Now if Nintendo wanted to, Capcom would just have to give in to the buyout and wouldn't follow the plan to not be bought out like before. The stockholders basically are OK'ing a buyout if it comes to that.
Ah, I gotcha, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

even if Nintendo did buy them I don't see Sakurai even considering them to be "Nintendo" characters still.
Whether or not Sakurai would consider them Nintnendo characters, Nintendo themselves would wholeheartedly consider them Nintendo characters, and so would the fans. If Nintendo actually pulled the trigger, Capcom characters would probably take up a good chunk of the top character requests.

Also, Alex Roivas was one of my most wanted characters at one point.

Whether or not Sakurai would consider them Nintnendo characters, Nintendo themselves would wholeheartedly consider them Nintendo characters, and so would the fans. If Nintendo actually pulled the trigger, Capcom characters would probably take up a good chunk of the top character requests.

Given the fact that most of Nintendo's own franchises are basically out of steam in terms of iconic/really popular characters, I agree with that. It's very likely that a lot of Capcom characters would top the list at that point.

I just agree with you man. though I wonder if she'll even get a trophy at this point. :/

Oh, so agreement with resignation towards her chance. That was actually my fourth guess.

RomanceDawn

GameFAQs is going crazy over this Ridley thing. He's apparently 100% confirmed playable now over there.

I'll look but even I the biggest Ridley hopeful can't imagine their reasoning. When Sal comes in with the planned DLC characters and Ridley is on it... I don't even know, that's how hyped I would be.

Some characters I'd love to see as DLC or whatever:
* Dixie Kong
* Goombella (Paper Mario)
* Hikari (Shin Onigashima)
* Inkling (Splatoon)
* Lip (Panel De Pon)
* Marina Lightyears (Mischief Makers)

Honourable/Interesting mentions:
* Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default)
* Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness) <----------------------
* Ashley Mizuki Robbins (Another Code)
* Drawcia (Kirby Canvas Curse)
* Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame IV)
You're good people.

guys

ridley is jumping

boss characters can't jump

confirmed
in all my years of gaming I've never seen a boss in a nintendo game use jumping as a tactic

J@hranimo

Banned
Loooooool that is bananas. It's like they're literally seeing something that isn't even there in the silhouette :p

And here I am thinking some new random Sal romano leak came about, but then again he only leaks stuff before big Smash Bros events.

Ridley is one of my most wanted newcomers and even I'm getting annoyed with how much he's talked about. Just confirm it one way or another Sakurai!

Sponge

Banned
Ridley is one of my most wanted newcomers and even I'm getting annoyed with how much he's talked about. Just confirm it one way or another Sakurai!

I'd say I'm surprised they didn't show anymore stage bosses at E3, but considering the demo it was almost expected they wouldn't.

Since the Fire Emblem Arena stage, I was wondering if we might get to hear Kirby's Arena theme on that stage.

But what's this about a jumping Ridley?

VandalD

Freaking over the April Direct with the Pyrosphere stage boss part, saying it looks like the Ridley shadow is jumping, thus he must be a character.
Even though Sakurai was just talking about Yellow Devil, a stage specific boss. Let 'em hope, I suppose.

Speaking of the April Direct, I'm really glad they took out transformations. Sheik and ZSS being proper characters is a great change.

The amount of denial it must take to see a shot of Ridley's shadow during the section of the Direct on boss characters, with "other boss character appearances" written on the bottom, and then turn around and claim that Ridley will be playable, not a boss, is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom