• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
*In Hayter's voice*
Snake: Kept you waiting, huh- *cough, cough*

*In Sutherland's voice*
Snake: Sorry about that.

How about another demo released right before the gme is out, where we see snake playing and get to try out this awesome new version of him

Then in the actual game, it's just Raiden

Don't know if this has been posted yet or if anyone cares but here's the MLG Anaheim friday schedule:

Qb87s46.png

kGc8Ws6.png

Is it bad that I get pleasure out of seeing zero facing mango, armada and hbox because I know he's going to lose? I haven't watched brawl in so long that I forgot how much I hated stalling and seeing him do it at the invitational brought it all back.

Also crew battle and AMSA hype.
I guess I understand it. HE probably doesn't care in terms of fame, because Smash Invitational was practically the larest smash event I've ever seen, with the stream number in hundreds of thousands (I realize something similar happened last EVO), and for a portion of the world not acquainted with smash, he'll be known for winning the Invitational.

Don't know in terms of money though

Ryce

But didn't Sakurai say he doesn't like the idea of DLC? Or am I misremembering something...
Nah, he seems to be open to it.
Oh, it’s not as if I don’t like DLC, it’s just that I don’t really have the time to think about that right now. I’m too busy working on the game and including as much content as possible. The goal is to offer a complete and interesting gaming experience for players.

In principle, I am not opposed to DLC. I loved those offered for the game Fallout 3, for example.

He only said that he's not considering about DLC last year, but it might have changed.

This is honestly where I'm confused. Leaks are from early in development, when characters are being decided. Therefore, when Sakurai said "we are not planning DLC at this time", wouldn't that be AFTER the leaks?

Honestly, even if you're planning DLC, it's better to say that you're not.

I think Nintendo has learned the lesson that, regardless of when you actually start making DLC, it's always smarter to let people think it started after the game finished.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly, even if you're planning DLC, it's better to say that you're not.

I think Nintendo has learned the lesson that, regardless of when you actually start making DLC, it's always smarter to let people think it started after the game finished.

^ he got it. Remember a thread with backlash against nintendo for Mario Golf DLC?

Durden77

The Mario Golf DLC has been done very well. People are just stupid.

I would love to see some DLC. Especially if it's for characters like Roy, Lucas (if he's gone), Dr. Mario ect. I think those would make perfect DLC characters. Of course an extra newcomer or so would be nice too.

Toxi

Banned
Dr. Mario feels like a waste of a slot.

Roy and Lucas are more understandable, but I'd prefer more unique returning characters like Mewtwo or Ivysaur or Squirtle or new guys.

Golnei

How about another demo released right before the gme is out, where we see snake playing and get to try out this awesome new version of him

Then in the actual game, it's just Raiden

But everyone likes Raiden now. A more apt comparison would be if the game was confirmed to feature MGR music, and upon starting it up, we were graced by this masterpiece.

So much god news for previously lower characters it seems. Just by Invitational participant impressions and VGBC character videos, it looks like Bowser, DK, Kirby, Yoshi, Pit, Greninja, and Sheik are all really good

That is such a glorious combination right there
It is a near perfect one

Oh, and Zero Suit Samus

Toxi

Banned
So much god news for previously lower characters it seems. Just by Invitational participant impressions and VGBC character videos, it looks like Bowser, DK, Kirby, Yoshi, Pit, Greninja, and Sheik are all really good

That is such a glorious combination right there
It is a near perfect one

Oh, and Zero Suit Samus
Bowser is likely going to be low-tier by virtue of his design. It's not a knock against the game, it's just incredibly rare to balance a "mighty glacier" style character. Potemkin is one of the few good mighty glaciers I can think of.

Bowser is likely going to be low-tier by virtue of his design. It's not a knock against the game, it's just incredibly rare to balance a "mighty glacier" style character. Potemkin is one of the few good mighty glaciers I can think of.

He might be mid high at worst then, since he has so many tools now, it's kind of ridiculous.

It has a smaller arc now, so it is faster.

Are there any webms of his egg toss?

J@hranimo

Banned

Just gotta not get hit!

I'm also loving the treatment a lot of characters are getting. Can't wait to see how Ness is in the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom