• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Lucas fans can make a mii version of him
Y8reiVX.jpg

They didn't even have the same moveset.

So no.

You learn to stop being picky

As for me, I had one game of not being picky with AT Isaac in Brawl
and I should probably learn to do it again for another

I have accepted Saki and Isa's fate though and stopped being picky entirely with Sin&Punishment

At least Lucas fans can make a mii version of him
Y8reiVX.jpg

I honestly can't wait to see how creative people will be to get Ridley Miis

Golnei

Polling fans for classic stages to bring back; or alternate costumes to incorporate might also be an interesting initiative to both make DLC feel less exploitative and keep conversation around the game alive outside the competitive sphere post-launch.

Village

He's really, really close to Ness in Brawl. It would be less work to make him an alt costume. Let's be reasonable

Not really

From what I understand each smash is built off the last smash. If that's true, I dunno wouldn't he still have his animations. And if that's the case wouldn't be a matter of balancing and updating the effects of the animations and the quality of the model at that point?

i know game design isn't that simple, and my knowledge of how smash is made is... not that much. I kind of understand how games and stuff works now, I took some classes an have made some stuff. But if you are building a fighting game of the base of the previous fighting game, it can't be that hard if you have all the data, to put that character into this game. Epically with DLC.

So, since every artist online is doing their version of "Let's Draw the New Smash Roster!," I thought I'd get it on the fun as well.
I plan on making a collage with the entire new roster by the time the Wii U version comes out, but I want to also have pieces with smaller collections of characters. I started with the 3rd party characters. Have a gander:

buPxUic.png

It's not as fancy as Neorice's pixel art or Quas-Quas' stained glass art, but it's a lot of fun to try and think of mini art pieces for each character. Hope you guys dig it! There's also a higher quality version here if you're interested.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So what if they included the DLC characters with that character's amiibo at no additional cost?

Or they could require buying an Amiibo of a possible new character to gain access to it, and be a different form of DLC and be called ULC.

UpLoadable Content.

:I

So, since every artist online is doing their version of "Let's Draw the New Smash Roster!," I thought I'd get it on the fun as well.
I plan on making a collage with the entire new roster by the time the Wii U version comes out, but I want to also have pieces with smaller collections of characters. I started with the 3rd party characters. Have a gander:

buPxUic.png

It's not as fancy as Neorice's pixel art or Quas-Quas' stained glass art, but it's a lot of fun to try and think of mini art pieces for each character. Hope you guys dig it! There's also a higher quality version here if you're interested.

That's really talented! I'd love to see more. :)

Golnei

It's a nice depiction of Megaman's last moments. Was that the intention; similarly to how you drew Pac-Man looking forwards to the future and Sonic anchored to the past?

Fandangox

buPxUic.png

That's pretty good and reminds me a lot of collab art-worms.

emb

So what if they included the DLC characters with that character's amiibo at no additional cost?
This is by far preferable to actual DLC to me. I'd much rather have a physical object I can get the character from than have to depend on Nintendo's servers staying up.

That said, I think full character data is too much to transfer quickly via Amiibo. At best it would probably just be an unlock flag for downloaded data, making it pretty pointless. Even then, I guess it's nice not to have to pay for both the DLC and the figure. It's not like there's a choice with regards to the Amiibo's. I'll have to get them all anyway in order to be happy lol.

Durden77

Damn Yoshi. Rock them flashkicks son.

Good to see that it seems like characters that need improvements might be really getting them. Playing Samus at Smash fest was like night and day from Brawl. She felt so much better.

That's really talented! I'd love to see more. :)
Thanks!

It's a nice depiction of Megaman's last moments. Was that the intention; similarly to how you drew Pac-Man looking forwards to the future and Sonic anchored to the past?
I was trying to create a little mini timeline of each character's birth going left to right, but the way you described it sounds way deeper than what I had intended. Haha, if anyone else asks, I'll definitely pretend that was my plan all along. I did take my favorite iteration of each character and tried to capture their essence, hence the old-school take on Sonic.

Would be interesting. Would have to see how it would be executed to give accurate judgment.

Amiibos of DLC guys come out the same day as the DLC is released. You buy the amiibo, and among the figurine you find a card with a DLC code to redeem that unlocks that character. The figurine however comes at the same cost as the regular ones for the base game.

Seeing all the requests for more boys/return of boys to the roster reminds me that while there's no inclusions that make me giddy (Like Midna in Hyrule Warriors) I've at least got a few characters I want to play this time around instead of just being stuck with Zelda :3
With Palutena, Wii-fit trainer, Villager, ZSS finally a fully seperate character and maybe (maybe) Rosalina, they'd have to give Zelda a Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors alt to make me go back to her (she's cool but twilight princess Zelda is too stoic for my playable character tastes :p)

Some characters I'd love to see as DLC or whatever:
* Dixie Kong
* Goombella (Paper Mario)
* Hikari (Shin Onigashima)
* Inkling (Splatoon)
* Lip (Panel De Pon)
* Marina Lightyears (Mischief Makers)

Honourable/Interesting mentions:
* Agnès Oblige (Bravely Default)
* Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
* Ashley Mizuki Robbins (Another Code)
* Drawcia (Kirby Canvas Curse)
* Ruka Minazuki (Fatal Frame IV)

Not sure about the IP ownership of one or two of those, but as far as I can tell Nintendo was at least a publisher on all those titles ;D

kirby_fox

Banned
Have we discussed the Smash possibilities regarding Capcom's "going on sale" situation? For those unaware, here's a good sum up of the situation.

They aren't going up for sale. They just won't stop a buyout.

Nothing will happen with Mega Man being in this game or any other fighters if Nintendo buys them. There are deals inked for the use of characters, and even if Nintendo did buy them I don't see Sakurai even considering them to be "Nintendo" characters still.

Some characters I'd love to see as DLC or whatever:

All those girl characters, even a May avatar, and you forgot our one and only true pirate queen, Captain Syrup.

Not sure about the IP ownership of one or two of those, but as far as I can tell Nintendo was at least a publisher on all those titles ;D

Publishing in certain regions doesn't make them Nintendo characters. Mischief Makers, Bravely Default and Fatal Frame all are 3rd party. I'm not sure about Another Code's and Eternal Darkness' legal status, tho.

Edit: looking up info, Miyamoto and Iwata are producers on Eternal Darkness, making that series viable for inclusion.

They aren't going up for sale. They just won't stop a buyout.

Nothing will happen with Mega Man being in this game or any other fighters if Nintendo buys them. There are deals inked for the use of characters, and even if Nintendo did buy them I don't see Sakurai even considering them to be "Nintendo" characters still.
I know they're not technically for sale, but from my understanding any of their IP's are now fair game to be sold, correct? I honestly am not super up to speed on the situation, as I didn't even know Capcom was having financial trouble outside of the lukewarm sales of Resident Evil 6.

I do wonder how Sakurai would react if a new game were made and Nintendo did own some new Capcom properties. I find it similar to Disney now integrating Star Wars into everything as if it had been a Disney property all along (granted, they had some Star Wars rides at Disney Land, but still).

Golnei

Publishing in certain regions doesn't make them Nintendo characters. Mischief Makers, Bravely Default and Fatal Frame all are 3rd party. I'm not sure about Another Code's and Eternal Darkness' legal status, tho.

Another Code (as well as Hotel Dusk/Last Window) and Eternal Darkness are both completely owned by Nintendo.

All those girl characters, even a May avatar, and you forgot our one and only true pirate queen, Captain Syrup.

Never actually played a game with her in it so I don't know much about her. The pics make her look like someone I'd think is kinda cool but not really someone I'd be fussed about playing :p
I also didn't list Fire Emblem characters or I'd be here all night :3

Clov

Another Code and Eternal Darkness are both owned by Nintendo. They funded development and published them in all regions.

Would love to see Captain Syrup in the game in some form, even as an assist trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom