• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's based on a very specific photograph of Earth and the icon they made features the clouds from that image in addition to landmass as well as being depicted from a different orientation than usually shown on globes and maps.

It's not an uncomplicated image, and certainly not simpler than Mega Man's helmet, either from an angle (as Georly shows), or head-on, like in the 1-up sprite. Anyone can draw something that looks like Earth, but the Mother icon is a very specific Earth.

It's not matter of complication. I used the wrong wording and leaded to the wrong argument. It was the matter of depth to aesthetically fit with the other images. Before Georly's image, I had thought that Megaman's helmet needed to have such in order to be recognizable without looking weird, but apparently an internet image was enough to throw that into question as it's show from an angle.

The helmet head-on? I don't believe as such without depth but that's probably a matter of perspective.

Zubz

Banned
Would anyone else rather see a Primid than Tabuu? They didn't belong in Brawl as generic SSE Enemies, but they are Nintendo characters now, and being the mascot mook, the varieties of Primid could easily create a varied fighter now.

Tripon

tumblr_n9akts6dSe1s6tmbno1_r1_500.jpg

Would anyone else rather see a Primid than Tabuu? They didn't belong in Brawl as generic SSE Enemies, but they are Nintendo characters now, and being the mascot mook, the varieties of Primid could easily create a varied fighter now.
Not in a million years. I don't like them.

Toxi

Banned
I'd rather see playable Master Hand (Maybe shrunken down a bit) before either Primid or Tabuu.

Master Hand is easily Smash's most prominent and memorable original character. It's not even close. If anyone deserves to be playable from Smash, it's Master Hand.

SmithnCo

Honestly none of the SSE characters were very memorable. Despite their crazy designs in some cases.

Neiteio

People dont like you enough to do this

I'm on mobile here, sorry :p
*Neiteio clutches a broken crayon in his trembling hand, weakly scrawling a crude imitation of his roster mockup, on used toilet paper, while rain and wind and hail blows on him, and a car drives by splashing water on him, and a plague of locusts swarm over him, and lightning strikes him, and he carries an inexplicable boulder on his back, uphill both ways, in 10 feet of snow, while at the same time still managing to teach inner-city schoolkids in the war-torn Middle East how to play instruments in a marching band, because did I also mention he's now a firefighter in the military, and he fosters rescue puppies in his spare time*

If only someone would help me do a roster mock-up. If only...

I wish they'd do a "Veterans Week" and do a vet every day for a week just to get a good portion of them out of the way.

-Wario
-Metaknight
-Falco
-Ice Climbers
-Ness

Would be a great week of hype building without really revealing anything extraordinary.

Just feels weird how close we are to release and still have like a dozen vets not confirmed yet

SmithnCo

I wish they'd do a "Veterans Week" and do a vet every day for a week just to get a good portion of them out of the way.

-Wario
-Metaknight
-Falco
-Ice Climbers
-Ness

Would be a great week of hype building without really revealing anything extraordinary.

Just feels weird how close we are to release and still have like a dozen vets not confirmed yet

Surprised at no Wario yet, unless he's in a newcomer trailer. And Falco should really be a starter this time.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
*Neiteio clutches a broken crayon in his trembling hand, weakly scrawling a crude imitation of his roster mockup, on used toilet paper, while rain and wind and hail blows on him, and a car drives by splashing water on him, and a plague of locusts swarm over him, and lightning strikes him, and he carries an inexplicable boulder on his back, uphill both ways, in 10 feet of snow, while at the same time still managing to teach inner-city schoolkids in the war-torn Middle East how to play instruments in a marching band, because did I also mention he's now a firefighter in the military, and he fosters rescue puppies in his spare time*

I would, but the flame backdrop is moving and seems rather difficult to recreate.

Unless I'm mistaken by what your request is...

Ahnez

I actually felt bad reading this lol

Neiteio

I would, but the flame backdrop is moving and seems rather difficult to recreate.

Unless I'm mistaken by what your request is...
I mean like what Weiner Whistle did:

Also, note he fits 12 icons per row, but there's enough space on the left and right that if you started all the way to the left on each row, and went all the way to the right, you could fit 13 icons per row.

Another roster had a banner depicting the Mii Fighter trainers on the top, along with another banner for Random and yet another banner for Add-On Fighters.

My roster idea helps visualize a combination of the Gematsu leak and Smashboards rumor. Hopefully someone can give it a whirl, in the order I described HERE.

Note: I arranged it in the four rows of 13 icons each.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

So you had to post that so you can guilt-trip someone into doing it for you? :p

Tabuu's like the most generic boring lameass design ever.

WHOO A GLOWING FLOATING GODLIKE HUMANOID WHO LOOKS LIKE THE FINAL BOSS OF THE MOST GENERIC JRPG EVER SO CREATIVE

It's disappointing that Tabuu came from the imagination of the same guy who gave us Marx.

Marx_wings.jpg

Design-wise, they're not too unalike. Marx is unmistakably Kirby-ish, though, while Tabuu is more generic.

WingedTabuu.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Master Hand moveset

Jab: Slight and gentle finger poke
Dash attack: The hand crawls along the ground, its fingers hitting the foe

Forward tilt: A more pronounced and accusing finger poke that travels forward some distance.
Down tilt: Flicks the index finger along the ground like he's getting rid of something stuck to it.
Up tilt: Finger wag, ala Sonic the Hedgehog.

Forward Smash: A long slap that sweeps the floor, distance based on charge
Down Smash: Crazy Hand's writhing on the ground move
Up Smash: Snaps his fingers, creating an explosion and a loud bang.

Neutral aerial: shakes hand vigorously.
forward aerial: wiggles his fingers like spider legs
back aerial: flips his hand over to hit behind him. High power, but the hitbox only shows up at the end.
Up aerial: A thumbs-up. stays out for a time and functions as a sex kick.
Down aerial: Pauses for a moment, then slaps down as a dive kick.

Neutral B: Makes a finger gun gesture and charges up. You can move around freely a bit before releasing the attack. The number of bullets fired depends on the charged time.
Up B: Shoots fire out the wrist and rockets around the screen. Is somewhat controllable
Forward B: Finger laser with the index finger. Does no knockback, but its direction is controllable.
Down B: Similar to the Bowser Bomb, Master Hand raises his fist and then brings it crashing down. You can delay the attack and move the hand around somewhat by holding B.

Final Smash: Summons an invincible Crazy Hand, who mirrors Master Hand's movements from the other side Morrigan hyper style. Lasts for some time, but eventually disappears.

afoni

Banned
I'm still disappointed that the character select screen isn't minimalist white with characters on single colour backdrops ala the renders on the site.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
With Dark Pit being in Palutena trailer,

I wonder if it was their original intention to make Dark Pit as playable character but they probably ran out of time by now so they had to nix Dark Pit from the roster. Unless he's a secret character, so who know. *shrugs*

Neiteio

I wonder if it was their original intention to make Dark Pit as playable character but they probably ran out of time by now so they had to nix Dark Pit from the roster. Unless he's a secret character, so who know. *shrugs*
My guess: Dark Pit is in the game, as a newcomer, and he's a clone of Pit, with different weapons serving similar functions with altered properties. And he's unlockable in the game. He doesn't get his own dedicated trailer; Sakurai will later explain this is because he appeared in Palutena's trailer, as a teaser to his possible inclusion.

Also, did I mention it'd be great if someone would shop this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123757811&postcount=13486

*coughs* *wheezes* *helps an elderly lady cross the road, even though he's crawling on his hands and knees, balancing on his back a basket of kittens he's been breastfeeding*

afoni

Banned
Yeah, the style they went for doesn't really work with the solid coloured backgrounds of the website.

I kind of hope it isn't final. They could make it a lot prettier than it is.

stage boss on palutena's temple

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

That's a massive assumption out of nowhere.

Caladrius

I can't see Dark Pit being a starter unless he's a costume.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

Have we seen Palutena's final smash? Maybe he's incorporated into it like Chrom and Robin?

Speedwagon

Isn't the Black Hole/Mega Laser combo that closes out her trailer her Final Smash? Essentially functions like a combination of Mega Man's trap FS and Samus' laser.

Oh yeah, probably. Pretty weak idea for a FS if you ask me though.

afoni

Banned
vD00KXu.jpg

This kind of thing is what I was on about when I said minimalist. It just looks so much cleaner and pleasing to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom