• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XI: Where 90% correct equals 100% wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the characters revealed so far are starters. It pisses me off so much when anyone suggests otherwise. Sakurai isn't the dumb MK8 team, he is not going to reveal a character that you have to unlock except for maybe third parties, but I think they too will be starters. Theres no real reason to have the unlockable unless its a secret character, which obviously any character officially revealed isn't secret.

Why isn't G&W on the website? Its because he's a unlockable character that was just used to do that little video in Pac-Man's trailer. Like the previous games, there will probably be atleast 4 unlockable newcomers if not more. They could be all clones, but they still will be new.

I don't see all the characters that were shown being starters.

Hatchtag

Banned
and what happens if Sakurai doesn't reveal any more characters 'til launch?

Would make what he said about the Lucina/Falcon/Robin reveal really weird.

Anyways, I half expect Sakurai to post a picture of the challenger approaching screen in a POTD soon. I also expect the 3DS and Wii U versions to have different starters despite containing the same rosters.

I feel like it would be really strange if this coming week doesn't have another character reveal. We're getting too close to release with so many characters unconfirmed.

Edit- and we know there is at least one more newcomer trailer.

There's still going to be a general Nintendo Direct this month, right?

Could be. They've never actually given a public direct schedule. The expectation is mostly from observing that there was a bimonthly pattern for a while and that it's been a couple months since e3. If they don't have anything to show maybe we won't get a general direct for a while.

Hatchtag

Banned
I feel like it would be really strange if this coming week doesn't have another character reveal. We're getting too close to release with so many characters unconfirmed.

Edit- and we know there is at least one more newcomer trailer.

Well, of the unrevealed characters:
-Ice Climbers is the only to never be an unlockable that's been in more games than just Brawl
-Lucas, Wario, and Meta Knight are the only newcoming starters in Brawl. 2 of them are villains, and one of them (Lucas) is rumored to be cut
-The rest of the characters have been unlockable in at least one game before.
So it's entirely plausable we'll only see one or two more veterans pre-launch.

There's still going to be a general Nintendo Direct this month, right?

A Hyrule Warriors Direct on Monday, but other than that, we don't know.

Richie

Could be. They've never actually given a public direct schedule. The expectation is mostly from observing that there was a bimonthly pattern for a while and that it's been a couple months since e3. If they don't have anything to show maybe we won't get a general direct for a while.

I wonder if Iwata's health has any bearing in this :/

SmithnCo

I honestly think they'll reveal all newcomers, starters or not, before release. As long as they've made hype trailers for them all which serve to advertise the game and keep it in people's minds.

afoni

Banned
A Hyrule Warriors Direct on Monday, but other than that, we don't know.

im expecting an announcement for this character but i felt experimental so please enjoy this obnoxious fan art that is hideous

rsbYHhP.png

Hatchtag

Banned
I wonder if Iwata's health has any bearing in this :/

Doubt it. I'm guessing they just haven't had too much they wanted to show off recently, which is why they've swapped to doing more game-specific directs as of recent. I mean, there's a pretty low number of 3DS games coming this year, and most the Wii U games at E3 were 2015 releases.

Toxi

Banned
The worst thing about My Little Pony crossover fanart is that it homogenizes all these great character designs from a variety of sources into a bunch of similar looking ponies illustrated in the exact same style where the main thing distinguishing them are their accessories. It's like the ultimate sterilization of creative design.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So we got three confirmed playable characters from Ocarina (specifically, not counting Impa) in Hyrule Warriors, so I bet we might have three from Skyward Sword and three from Twilight Princess.

So Fi, ?, ? and Midna, Agitha, ?

Exotoro

The worst thing about My Little Pony crossover fanart is that it homogenizes all these great character designs from a variety of sources into a bunch of similar looking ponies illustrated in the exact same style where the main thing distinguishing them are their accessories. It's like the ultimate sterilization of creative design.

oh yes, finally someone said it

-Horizon-

So we got three confirmed playable characters from Ocarina (specifically, not counting Impa) in Hyrule Warriors, so I bet we might have three from Skyward Sword and three from Twilight Princess.

So Fi, ?, ? and Midna, Agitha, ?
Groose has to be one of them. Hazarding a guess that Ashei gets the TP slot.

Wait, why are we talking Hyrule Warriors in Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom