• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP coming to Steam

Blizzard

Banned
What's up with the region lock on this?
I've seen multiple posts -- what regions are locked out? Japan seems to be at least one? Do you still have an unlock date, or does it just not show up at all?

Side note, it's been mentioned that the music is pretty awesome, right? The music is pretty awesome.

Gvaz

Banned
What is up with your computer. =( I started and have had no problems. What card are you using, and are you running any custom settings with CCC, ATIpro, etc.? Did you try both windowed and fullscreen?
I think ATI users have to turn Catalyst AI OFF, otherwise it's all fucked up

Blizzard

Banned
I think ATI users have to turn Catalyst AI OFF, otherwise it's all fucked up
My 5850's catalyst AI is set to high texture filtering quality, with surface format optimization enabled. Maybe a driver issue? What card and driver version do you have?

Gvaz

Banned
Weird, you're not using ATI pro or other utilities by any chance? Did turning off Catalyst AI help at all?

Did you try windowed mode?

I'm using 11.8, by the way.
Windowed mode would crash the game. And yeah I think that's what allowed it to actually run. I'm not overclocked on the gpu and not using any weird tools either.

Blizzard

Banned
Windowed mode would crash the game. And yeah I think that's what allowed it to actually run. I'm not overclocked on the gpu and not using any weird tools either.
I'm sorry to hear it. Unless Capy can help you or you want to mess around with drivers (do any other games give you issues) I don't know what to say. It installed and ran fine for me, no glitches or crashes, played the first episode, alt tabbed, etc., everything worked.

linko9

Just finished the game, 3.5 hours total. Awesome from a audiovisual perspective, but honestly I didn't much like the gameplay, and while the story seemed like it was building to something cool, I didn't end up liking it that much either. But overall I definitely had a positive experience with the game. That bear was awesome.

dammit, in the most ridiculous turn of events, I can't actually afford this at the moment, lol - have pulled all my money out to change for euros for my upcoming trip.

S&S, you will be mine next month :)

Ugh, I really wanna get this, but I don't even have the $6 to spare this week :(

I won't be able to hit you guys up until I get home from work tomorrow evening, but shoot me a PM with your Steam ID. I'll hook you up with free copies.

I have a FEELING that some Japanese publisher got their hands on the rights to the Japanese release...

I can't figure out who or why though....

teeny

Im having the same problem, but there was no easy way to disable Catalyst AI. Have done the method found on a couple of forums, but still no joy.

Shame, Ive been looking forward to playing this since the initial release.

At least I still have my shiny vinyl to listen to :p

Gvaz

Banned
hghgh I can't beat the last trigon :(

this pong shit keeps fucking me up on the charged beam phase of it, i can't seem to hit them and with only 3 stars it sucks

edit: finally

How do you get the #moar achievement?

undu

I'm very particular about the quality of the music I hold. I have to have it in flac so I can encode it to V0 myself. I also have to make sure it's not using joint stereo.

Why do you avoid joint stereo? nowadays that term is used to refer to a lossless transformation (mid/side stereo), and not intensity stereo (which is indeed lossy). It's even used in FLAC as a compressing feature.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Joint_stereo

Sorry for the off-topic, couldn't resist. :p

Finished the game, so got damn amazing. Also got all the achievements and I urge, URGE, anyone that enjoyed this game to get the #moar achievement immediately after finishing the game, it is the greatest thing ever.

How do you kill the bunnies, they always run away
In sworcery mode left click and hold down on a lagomorph for a few seconds and it should explode.

How do you get the #moar achievement?

Go to moon grotto and set the moon to this moon: link. Then go to the dream world and go to the screen with the hut (the way back to the regular world), the well next to the hut should be glowing red. If so eat a mushroom and click on the well the character should go inside the well. Inside the well follow the path that leads to the stag and then kill the stag. I think there is a chance of drowning, but I think the fire heals you I am not sure.

syoaran

You're losing it gramps. Unless you are now double-clicking on areas that you may have unintentionally missed when you played it on the iPad.

Balls. After playing it for a while, it felt like I went straight into the 1st (early game spoiler)
dream phase
. Guess someone was playing me games before I did!

Blizzard

Banned
Gvaz, pretty please, stop posting stuff about later game elements without spoiler tags. The game literally came out on PC yesterday.

Odrion

Banned
I thought in the beginning they meant that the whole game was 15 minutes long.

I was like "Oh jesus christ, I was fine with Limbo being short and pricy but this is too much."

Thankfully it looks like there's another hour.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty early in the game
I did double rainbow all the way,but I can't figure out how to get the sprite thing after that. Something about holding over the aureole?

Zia

Aside from the technical issues, how is this edition compared to the iThing ver? I understand it gains Steam achievements and even greater audiovisual splendor, but does it lose anything in the transition?

AEREC

Aside from the technical issues, how is this edition compared to the iThing ver? I understand it gains Steam achievements and even greater audiovisual splendor, but does it lose anything in the transition?

Technical issues?

It seems like straight solid port of he iOS versions. I think I prefer the PC version after playing it a bit, it just feels more natural to me, though I do have a few gripes:

-cursor size when moving...why does it need to be so big
-combat buttons...it would have made more sense to just have MouseButton 1 be "swingSword" and MouseButton 2 act as the shield.

Other than those 2 issues I am enjoying the game...I wish there was a button to disable hud so I could take hudless screen shots.

Blizzard

Banned
Technical issues?

It seems like straight solid port of he iOS versions. I think I prefer the PC version after playing it a bit, it just feels more natural to me, though I do have a few gripes:

-cursor size when moving...why does it need to be so big
-combat buttons...it would have made more sense to just have MouseButton 1 be "swingSword" and MouseButton 2 act as the shield.

Other than those 2 issues I am enjoying the game...I wish there was a button to disable hud so I could take hudless screen shots.
I agree about a hudless mode or a way to hide the cursor for screenshots.

You can use zx and ./ for combat instead of the onscreen buttons. Mouse left/right would be nice but then you might also need a separate keybind to stop combat?

I would like an option for single click moves instead of double click moves, since double clicking so much or holding the mouse down gets a little tiring in my opinion.

Dascu

Where in Europe? That's not how it should be. Could anyone else in EU confirm the game does/doesn't show?

Japan isn't available for a reason - we'll explain more soon.

I'm in Belgium and I bought it yesterday, no problems. A friend in Sweden bought it as well.

Where in Europe? That's not how it should be. Could anyone else in EU confirm the game does/doesn't show?

Japan isn't available for a reason - we'll explain more soon.

thanks for asking, it now DOES show but only just today, as yesterday when the US had it, it didn't show in my country!

anyway, this is GREAT, bought :)

Gvaz

Banned
I thought in the beginning they meant that the whole game was 15 minutes long.

I was like "Oh jesus christ, I was fine with Limbo being short and pricy but this is too much."

Thankfully it looks like there's another hour.
It took me like 5 hours to beat it

Yeah, haven't picked up the game yet, but his posts are gonna make me stay out of the thread for a bit.

Gvaz, pretty please, stop posting stuff about later game elements without spoiler tags. The game literally came out on PC yesterday.
Sorry :( I didn't mean to.

Top Bottom