• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP coming to Steam

Wok

Checking into the coupon issue w/ Steam right now. Probably something got overwritten when the game was put on 25% off globally.

SORRY!

And UTF-8.

r5AYO.jpg

Askani

Bought. Thought I was going to have to wait until the next iPhone launch to get in on it, since that's when I'll have an iPhone finally. Had no idea it was coming for PC so this was a happy surprise.

JordanKZ

Holy balls. This game is astoundingly pretty at 1080p. Finished the first chapter and I was basically in awe of what was going on. Amazing.

ok no more still-in-dev way-too-early mac version for anyone anymore.

but at least there's proof we're not just pretending there's a mac version coming!

vid

Already bought a gift copy for a friend of mine, and will buy it for myself later in the week. I never got around to finishing it on the iPhone because of frustrations with the small screen, so I've been looking forward to this release for a while. Can't wait to dive back into this adventure.

cicero

Here's a couple "extra 25% off codes"

HT4*-FVJV6-VRDPM
T6RHT-N4WNY-QZCP*
8GA2W-7*Q27-IICKJ

hint: missing NUMBER rhymes with HERO

I assume these are single activation only? I ask because I hate the idea of my email address going out to anyone who grabbed it first.

This was always the game that made me want an iPad, when I actually had the cash to buy new iPad I decided I needed a new PC instead.
So seeing it hit steam literally made me smile, ear to ear.
Cannot wait to get the headphones on and get on this later.

epmode

Is there any way to enable ultra-high resolutions? The in-game option doesn't go high enough.

edit: I found the config file. Manually setting the game to 2560x1600 doesn't work. Patch pls.

HoosTrax

Ok, now I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never ever heard of this game until I saw it on Steam today. Actually maybe I have heard it mentioned, but subconsciously saw it as "Swords and Soldiers".

Is there a Bandcamp or somewhere I can sample the soundtrack?

Beautiful trailer. Grabbed it in anticipation of the Mac ver.

Won't lie, it let me "install" but it failed halfway through and now I can't get it to appear in my library, "All" or Mac.

Thanks! There was a small glitch that let people grab the in-dev mac version but Steam fixed that good and fast ;)

bryehn

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that mac screenshot cause it would ruin an otherwise happy launch day.

I didn't actually do anything to it, just saw that Steam was allowing me to install it, so I got curious. Figured it'd crash at launch. For what it's worth, I'm gonna play it on PC regardless.

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Capy and Super Brothers, can't wait to play this later tonight when I get home.

Gvaz

Banned
Checking into the coupon issue w/ Steam right now. Probably something got overwritten when the game was put on 25% off globally.

SORRY!
I hope you guys fix it soon, I got the code from you guys at pax and I was hoping to use it. :(

I assume these are single activation only? I ask because I hate the idea of my email address going out to anyone who grabbed it first.

It doesn't work like that.

Hugs

Picked this up as soon as I got home from work, but it keeps crashing on launching which is a bummer. Listening to the soundtrack as I try and get it to work. So good.

Corto

The game crashed on me right after I got the Megatome. I restarted and the game picked from there with no progress lost.

Gvaz

Banned
Also is it possible to get the soundtrack in FLAC? That and the coupon working is the only thing keeping me from buying the game right now.

Corto

Also is it possible to get the soundtrack in FLAC? That and the coupon working is the only thing keeping me from buying the game right now.

The soundtrack is on mp3 format at 320 kbps. The bandcamp link that cromulent linked above has the soundtrack in any format of your choice on sale for 7.97$ usd. This bundle is a real treat. Don't let the audio format prevent you from getting it. You already have a 25% incentive buying it first week of release.

Futureman

Wait... if I buy this now, at the discounted price, can I then download the Mac version when it comes out?

I have no intention of bootcamping my Mac. I know it's only like $2 off, but might as well.

(this would be my first Steam game).

HoosTrax

Wait... if I buy this now, at the discounted price, can I then download the Mac version when it comes out?

I have no intention of bootcamping my Mac. I know it's only like $2 off, but might as well.

(this would be my first Steam game).
If it's SteamPlay, then yes.

Gvaz

Banned
The soundtrack is on mp3 format at 320 kbps. The bandcamp link that cromulent linked above has the soundtrack in any format of your choice on sale for 7.97$ usd. This bundle is a real treat. Don't let the audio format prevent you from getting it. You already have a 25% incentive buying it first week of release.
I'm very particular about the quality of the music I hold. I have to have it in flac so I can encode it to V0 myself. I also have to make sure it's not using joint stereo.

Top Bottom