• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP coming to Steam

Blizzard

Banned
Wait... if I buy this now, at the discounted price, can I then download the Mac version when it comes out?

I have no intention of bootcamping my Mac. I know it's only like $2 off, but might as well.

(this would be my first Steam game).
I would say it's almost certainly the case, since that guy earlier in the thread was able to launch the incomplete Mac version already after purchasing the game.

Also, it's now the #1 seller on Steam. :)

LaneDS

Double dipped and within a couple minutes realized I greatly prefer playing it this way than on my phone (probably unsurprisingly).

Also, received the soundtrack on vinyl a few days ago and am super amped about that too. Hooray S&S.

Beef

I'm surprised this game looks so great, even at a higher resolution w/ a large monitor (1920X1080 on a 32 inch monitor). Absolutely wonderful animation, has a trendy 8 bit look and is so clean / crisp.

Audio is awesome, as expected.

Mikeside

dammit, in the most ridiculous turn of events, I can't actually afford this at the moment, lol - have pulled all my money out to change for euros for my upcoming trip.

S&S, you will be mine next month :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Had to double dip. The fact that it comes with the soundtrack makes it worth it for the soundtrack alone.

Yeah, that's me. The game's log file specifically detects that my monitor supports 2560x1600 but the game only goes up to 1920x1200.

Maybe it'll work on a Mac? Different video card?

edit: Capy will probably be patching in better resolution support. I really like these guys.

That's me talking to you in the steam thread. We'll see what we can do once we get through the launch tidalwave.

I like us too.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Is it possible you guys could do a borderless windowed resolution as well in a future patch or so? Of course it doesn't need to happen at all, but it would make me feel warm inside to be able to see every pixel instead of getting the lower section cut-off when I play it windowed-fullscreen.

syoaran

Bought, played. Awesome.

I have the ipad version somewhere, but I swear the game started off very differently (less storytelling than there is currently). Is this an evolution of the existing game or am I going mental with old age?

speedpop

Bought, played. Awesome.

I have the ipad version somewhere, but I swear the game started off very differently (less storytelling than there is currently). Is this an evolution of the existing game or am I going mental with old age?

You're losing it gramps. Unless you are now double-clicking on areas that you may have unintentionally missed when you played it on the iPad.

Glix

Huh, interesting....

I would have thought this would have come sooner if it was going to come.

Beautiful game though, I've only played on my phone, so I've never really been able to appreciate its beauty before.

jett

D-Member
Is it possible you guys could do a borderless windowed resolution as well in a future patch or so? Of course it doesn't need to happen at all, but it would make me feel warm inside to be able to see every pixel instead of getting the lower section cut-off when I play it windowed-fullscreen.

Is there a problem when you run it in fullscreen? I don't wanna buy a gimped pc port.

speedpop

Is there a problem when you run it in fullscreen? I don't wanna buy a gimped pc port.

Nah there's not a single problem. I just want to be able to see the whole thing when I put it in windowed-fullscreen, rather than have a bit of it cut off due to the window border obstructing the view. It just makes it easier when you have a multiple monitor setup, that's all.

Pretty sure I could go through the launch options and make it boot up without a border somehow anyway. forgot that the -noborder launch option is a Source-engine only thing. Babuu~

Guess I will stick with fullscreen resolution regardless.

epmode

There are scripts that allow you to do exactly this even when a game doesn't support it natively. I think the program I used was called AutoHotkey. Script follows:

Code:
^+a::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
WinMove, a, , 0, 0, 2560, 1600 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to 2560x1600
return

In this case, ctrl+shift+a would enable it.

It's kind of touchy but it works for some stuff! No idea how well it handles multiple monitors.

Blizzard

Banned
That's me talking to you in the steam thread. We'll see what we can do once we get through the launch tidalwave.

I like us too.
Can anyone try verifying the game cache integrity on Steam? It paused right at the end of the download for me, and then said it was complete when it resumed. I tried verifying game cache integrity, and restarting Steam and doing it again, and every time I verify it, it says that one file failed the integrity check and will be acquired. I don't know if it's just a glitch or if it's something that needs fixed, but I wanted to see if it happened to anyone else.

Vman

Thanks! There was a small glitch that let people grab the in-dev mac version but Steam fixed that good and fast ;)

I bought it on my mac but it doesn't even show up in my list of non-mac games... i noticed that others in this thread where having the same thing occur. Is this just due to the error of the dev build being up? Thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Can anyone try verifying the game cache integrity on Steam? It paused right at the end of the download for me, and then said it was complete when it resumed. I tried verifying game cache integrity, and restarting Steam and doing it again, and every time I verify it, it says that one file failed the integrity check and will be acquired. I don't know if it's just a glitch or if it's something that needs fixed, but I wanted to see if it happened to anyone else.
I just checked another game and this is seems to be specific to Swords and Sourcery. Verifying another game worked fine, instead of failing each time on 1 file.

epmode

The game always reports one corrupted file for me as well.

Gvaz

Banned
I can't sign into twitter from the game. It says wrong username/pass but I logged out and logged in manually from the website to see if that was the case and it logged in just fine :(

I can't do it with any twitter account :(

Crap it's not released in Japan...

Really hate Steam region locks >.<

Oh well....

Maybe they will actually let me bring it to my platform.

I just checked another game and this is seems to be specific to Swords and Sourcery. Verifying another game worked fine, instead of failing each time on 1 file.

The game always reports one corrupted file for me as well.

I'm sure this happens with all Steamworks games. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the CEG DRM that Valve uses in the game executables, because it's usually the main exe that gets redownloaded.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm sure this happens with all Steamworks games. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the CEG DRM that Valve uses in the game executables, because it's usually the main exe that gets redownloaded.
I think it didn't happen with Shatter, but that was the only one I checked.

Also, the game seems to pause automatically when you alt-tab, by the way.

Gvaz

Banned
iLlbmBR4jkZ4S.jpg

SADDEST FACE

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Am I missing something or do is the combat reliant on me clicking the icons? Feels pretty clumsy.

Top Bottom