• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl renewed - moving to the CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

Maybe, but CW is usually the home of pointless teenage drama. Flash and Arrow have been the exception so far.

You haven't been keeping up with the CW lately have you? Lots of exceptions. Favorite network right now by far.

Except the 100, fucking god dammit, had 1 amazing season and couldn't stay away from forcing the show back into pointless shitty drama.

Why can't a good network have faith in these series? Watching CW DC shows just makes me sad.

Gotham is fantastic right now on Fox. I dunno about lucifer but that airs on fox as well.

Doesn't WB have ties with HBO? Seriously think a constantine series on hard R cable in the vein of something like penny dreadful would be lit

None of this Mickey Mouse NBC/CW stuff

Ashhong

You haven't been keeping up with the CW lately have you? Lots of exceptions. Favorite network right now by far.

Except the 100, fucking god dammit, had 1 amazing season and couldn't stay away from forcing the show back into pointless shitty drama.

Honestly not 100%. I used to watch Vampire Diaries and that turned to shit and a bunch of melodrama, which is what I expect from CW. Maybe they've gotten better?

Oddduck

The big question I have is where in the world is The CW going to place this on their schedule? They renewed everything this year, so what day do they have room for a full season of Supergirl on?

If this fucks up iZombie (the best DC show on TV) in any way, I will be pissed.

If I was an executive, I would have Supergirl air right after The Flash. They are both light-hearted comic book shows, so pairing them together makes sense.

I have no idea where iZombie would move though.

While Supergirl was far from a great show, it was still one that I at least enjoyed and was entertained by week after week. I am happy about the renewal, and especially happy about the move to CW, because it means more crossovers in the future.

I think my wife is happier about the renewal than I am, which is weird for a comic book show since I am the comic nerd in the house. But I think she is just happy to see a fun show with great female characters come back.

DieH@rd

Banned
I am glad that show will live on, but more than that, I am glad that show can have different story structure on CW.

Supergirl was too much procedural on CBS. Hopefully it will get more serialized story style, just like other Arrowverse shows.

ZeroX03

Banned
Meh. It's not terrible show, but this pretty much kills any chances of CW getting a new DC show in the near future :(

What other DC show would The CW get anyway? Constantine was never going to happen while Supernatural exists and DC/WB thinks they can still make Justice League Dark. Unfortunately.

- J - D -

I haven't watched much of this show, but I have seen clips of Martian Manhunter and he looks really good from what I've seen. I hope they can maintain that effect after the transition to cw.

DeathyBoy

Banned
With Calista's "must work in L.A." clause in her contract. Despite the budget cuts, I wonder if she managed to get a decent raise with the show's move to Vancouver? If she did, good for her and her agents.

Harrison gonna fly her to set each week yelling "punch it, Chewie."

Yeah, this was my "worst case scenario" for the show since I knew there was no way WB would let it die. I'm not looking forward to another DC show taking place in Vancouver though but if that's what it takes, I'll miss the the frequent outdoor scenes and the California atmosphere. Hopefully they still film a good deal of footage in LA that can be transplanted into scenes and can still treat it was the "outside" through windows, flying, to at least attempt to sell it as being a different location though I guess it isn't like either Arrow or The Flash do much with the skyline in the day time. Just hope I never see the damn Woodward's W in it even if they could be treated as a "Wayne Enterprises" Easter egg.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah, this was my "worst case scenario" for the show since I knew there was no way WB would let it die. I'm not looking forward to another DC show taking place in Vancouver though but if that's what it takes, I'll miss the the frequent outdoor scenes and the California atmosphere. Hopefully they still film a good deal of footage in LA that can be transplanted into scenes and can still treat it was the "outside" through windows, flying, ect.

Stock footage of LA? I don't think such a thing exists.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Can't wait for the 4x night crossover next year.

SUPERGIRL - Kara finds a red ring.
THE FLASH - Team Star Labs deduces the ring is alien.
ARROW - Felicity activates the ring and it turns Kara into a Red Lantern.
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - they rewrite time so Red Lantern Supergirl never existed,

anaron

looool

It shouldn't be very hard to transfer over most of the indoor "look" barring the amazing DOC cave. Can they afford to build another one?

The flying scenes are all CGI/wirework so assuming the DoP is sticking around, I'm not worried those will look the same. plus the outside lighting for some scenes like Cat's balcony looked super fake anyway so it shouldn't be hard to replicate that. lol

If Flash is anything to go by, the show should look better.

azHUs40.gif

And I hope they use every bit of it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can't wait for the 4x night crossover next year.

SUPERGIRL - Kara finds a red ring.
THE FLASH - Team Star Labs deduces the ring is alien.
ARROW - Felicity activates the ring and it turns Kara into a Red Lantern.
LEGENDS OF TOMORROW - they rewrite time so Red Lantern Supergirl never existed,

If you're wanting a truly epic crossover, you're looking at the wrong ring.

Legion-of-Superheroes-Supergirl.jpeg

DeathyBoy

Banned
If you're wanting a truly epic crossover, you're looking at the wrong ring.

Legion-of-Superheroes-Supergirl.jpeg

That would be better. LSOH fixing all the time-line fuck-ups.

BUT that rises/falls entirely on who they cast as Brainiac-5. Finding someone who looks like a model (in green make-up) but can deliver that God-tier exposition/science jargon with ease is a tall order.

Although Brainiac-5 talking down to Felicity would be amazing.

That's one of the Super family's weaknesses, though, right? Magic? So, that's a bad match up lol

It's not so much of a weakness like Kryptonite but more that they don't have an invulnerability/resistance to it. Kara could still wreck Damien's shit faster than he could react.

That would be better. LSOH fixing all the time-line fuck-ups.

BUT that rises/falls entirely on who they cast as Brainiac-5. Finding someone who looks like a model (in green make-up) but can deliver that God-tier exposition/science jargon with ease is a tall order.

Although Brainiac-5 talking down to Felicity would be amazing.

And then near the end of the episode where Felicity has to hack into and save a damaged Braniac-5 and manufacture a replacement processor that she's made improvements on.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's not so much of a weakness like Kryptonite but more that they don't have an invulnerability/resistance to it. Kara could still wreck Damien's shit faster than he could react.

Could she? She doesn't really seem to have anywhere close to Barry's reaction speeds - and he still needs to turn on his on - and needs to fly to get any sort of real momentum. If she's standing a few feet away he could probably stop her movement, he can do it to arrows. Not sure he'd see the heat vision coming after that though.

She's pretty nerfed for a Kryptonian, although it's for fair reason.

It's not just the best DC show on air. It's the best comicbook show on TV. Period. What they've pulled out in Season 2 is absolutely and utterly ridiculous.

is it ok to start from season 2 after quitting after 8 eps of season 1? or would i miss/ dont understand some important stuff?

If I was an executive, I would have Supergirl air right after The Flash. They are both light-hearted comic book shows, so pairing them together makes sense.

I have no idea where iZombie would move though.

CW needs to become a big boy network and add. Ten o'clock block.

DeathyBoy

Banned

And then near the end of the episode where Felicity has to hack into and save a damaged Braniac-5 and manufacture a replacement processor that she's made improvements on.

You know that Felicity will end up being responsible for Brainiac, and will create Brainiac-5 to stop him. Then Brainiac-5 will fall for Felicity, playfully calling her a witch as she calls him a vision,

KonradLaw

I need more Constantine with Matt Ryan. If I can't get Hellblazer series, make him a member of a team up..magic-focused S2 of LoT, or make a Trenchoat Brigade or a JusticeLeagueDark under different name with diffrent characters than the movie will have. Or in worst case scenario..have him gueststar on CW shows.

Whatever...just keep the character alive.

Volimar

didn't supergirl already crossover with flash as multiverse?

if they're gonna make supergirl the same universe then they're gonna have to retcon that aren't they

There will almost certainly be an event that brings either the characters or the universes together.

TreIII

Awesome news, especially with Flockhart and Harewood still here.

Now, CW, if you could just gimme my GL show. I'll be over the moon!

didn't supergirl already crossover with flash as multiverse?

if they're gonna make supergirl the same universe then they're gonna have to retcon that aren't they

In that crossover they had Supergirl make a needlessly complicated analogy about "if two Earths could vibrate at the same frequency, maybe they could be together". It's pretty clear they have plans for this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom