• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl renewed - moving to the CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good to know. How's Gotham?

It's like Batman Returns and The Animated Series had a live action love child. If that intrigues you, you'll dig it. Season 1 is pretty rough, but Season 2 has been very fun.

I thought the show was just alright, never grabbed me like Arrow or Flash. They should make a big deal about it coming to CW and just do a soft reboot so it's on the same earth with new cast (or new roles). They'll probably lose some cast members due to budget cuts and the inevitable move to Vancouver.

Ashtrax

Good to know. How's Gotham?

S1 was very very rough, and I had high expectations coming in being a fan of Bruno Heller after The Mentalist.

But thanks to a complete 180 in the show's direction, and a real lift from some of the actors that I doubted could carry their roles, S2 has been fantastic, and it's now my favorite DC show currently.

Dereck

We on see dubs now
1OEHgOC.png

Nice

JC Lately

Does this mean it will escape the CBS streaming netherworld and we can get season 1 on Netflix or Hulu? Never understood their hate boner for streaming. Literally ever other TV network gets it now. Even some cable networks.

Maddocks

Everyone get ready to meet Kate Grant, the sister of Kat Grant who happens to also be a multimedia juggernaut who lives in central city and it 10 years younger.

EDIT: Damn, my joke loses all meaning when I read Cat is going to stick around for season 2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wonder if they will move Earths or keep it a separate thing?

Why would they? Just make a quickie plot that makes the CW universe their universe now and say the Flash Cross-over event or something is the cause of it. Done.

They're not gonna date tho, stop shipping in advance.

Nope, they're totally gonna boink. Get on the cruise ship SS Dating.

Indelible

Really glad to hear it was renewed, it had its problems but overall it is an enjoyable show. CBS always felt like a weird place for the show, hopefully they can keep the production values high on CW.

Calista is staying with the show.

And Susanna Thompson isn't friendly with the Arrowverse anymore. She didn't like dying. She's refused to come back since.

Damn it! Not that I didn't think Calista hasn't done a great job, just surprised she's coming over. Missed that part. Susanna would be a powerhouse Cat Grant though. She sold S1 of Arrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
Watched my first Supergirl episode. It was ehh. I don't see why they bought Flash if he wasn't going to help land the finishing blow on the villains.

I said that wasn't a great episode, not the best first episode to watch which is unfortunate for all the crossover hype.

Livewire, Human for a Day, For the Girl Who Has Everything, Falling and a few other episodes are much better.

I said that wasn't a great episode, not the best first episode to watch which is unfortunate for all the crossover hype.

Livewire, Human for a Day, For the Girl Who Has Everything, Falling and a few other episodes are much better.

It definitely got better after the winter break, felt just as good as Arrow/Flash at that point, IMO.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm waiting for the episode where James Olsen takes a visit to Central City and snatches Iris away from Barry. Run, Barry. Run.

Ashhong

More action and less drama.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On the CW?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Honestly, it almost sounds like too much Superhero for CW. 4 shows? That's a ton. I can't wait until they combine the universes though.

Calista is staying with the show.

And Susanna Thompson isn't friendly with the Arrowverse anymore. She didn't like dying. She's refused to come back since.

Are you serious? That is some petty ass bullshit.

ZeroX03

Banned

Are you serious? I'm the most serious poster in all of DC TV GAF.

Yes they've asked for her to come back to Arrow a few times and she's turned them down. You'll notice the cast and crew often talk about people like Tommy or Slade returning but rarely Moira.

MartyStu

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On the CW?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Honestly, it almost sounds like too much Superhero for CW. 4 shows? That's a ton. I can't wait until they combine the universes though.

I think that Supergirl may actually have had more pointless drama than Flash and Arrow during their first seasons.

KevinCow

Banned
That's good to hear. Season 1 wasn't amazing, but it was good enough that I didn't want to see it cancelled.

I wonder what this means for the show, though. Probably a smaller budget, so will the action suffer? Because the action was already not very good. Or will the action magically get better despite the lower budget, as they gain access to the black magic that makes The Flash's action so great?

That's good to hear. Season 1 wasn't amazing, but it was good enough that I didn't want to see it cancelled.

I wonder what this means for the show, though. Probably a smaller budget, so will the action suffer? Because the action was already not very good. Or will the action magically get better despite the lower budget, as they gain access to the black magic that makes The Flash's action so great?

They just palette swap Barry's super speed effect and remove the lightning so Supergirl solves everything with her super speed.

Grizzlyjin

I'm actually expecting the action to look better. The CW has mastered the art of stretching a Canadian dollar as far as it will go. She might be fighting a lot of aliens in a Vancouver warehouse, but it'll be decent looking. Right now Arrow has better fight choreography, and Flash has better special effects.

Oh.

I've been meaning to binge Supergirl specifically because it wasn't a CW show. Guess I won't bother with that now. I really can't stand any of the programming on that network.

Supergirl can only be improved if it becomes more like a CW show. They should be thrilled to be on the best broadcast network.

Ashhong

Are you serious? I'm the most serious poster in all of DC TV GAF.

Yes they've asked for her to come back to Arrow a few times and she's turned them down. You'll notice the cast and crew often talk about people like Tommy or Slade returning but rarely Moira.

That's just stupid.

I think that Supergirl may actually have had more pointless drama than Flash and Arrow during their first seasons.

Maybe, but CW is usually the home of pointless teenage drama. Flash and Arrow have been the exception so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom