• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Stream Predictions

EhoaVash

Again like others have said no info on specs

What is shown are launch window games like Zelda big focus, bunch of Wii u ports. That have new content but still ports .... Controller gimmicks like motion controls with joy con shown, a bunch of mobile games being ported to switch, shown footage of Heartstone, take switch with you on the go without joy cons, it basically looks like a phone 📯🔔🇧🇬 partnership shown with various mobile app developers

3d Mario shown, two player local.

Oregano

My predictions

£199/$250/25000¥ for basic, £249/$300/30000¥ for premium. Basic is 32GB, Premium is 64GB with Splatoon and the Joycon Grip.
17th March 2017 release date
Nintendo shows Mario, Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Kart with one or two others games. Zelda and Splatoon at launch.
Third party games announced are Modern Warfare, Skyrim, Rayman, I am Setsuna, FIFA, Madden, NBA, a Musou game, FAST Racing and Runner 3. Big multiplatform game shown off is Tekken 7.
Nintendo shows off Nintendo account functionality. Friends shared with Miitomo/SMR and works with social media. Still far behind competitors
Region Free
Battery Life is ~4 hours.

Lots of unanswered questions about the post launch period.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Switch going against Beauty and the Beast on March 17th, I can see the Nintendo PR

REDMOND, Wash., March 20th, 2017- Nintendo Switch is a Beast
The highly anticipated Nintendo Switch™ launched over the weekend surpassing expectations and besting the Box office haul of Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Caelus

Disappointment, not from me, but from a lot of enthusiasts who've been following leaks and have overblown expectations.

Literally all the games shown in the reveal trailer for 30 min and that's a wrap for games. "Introducing our all NEW amiibos..."

Air

Banned
- Price: $225-$300
- About 15-20 launch games: Zelda, Mario and Rabbids, Skyrim, Some sports games, splatoon or Mario Kart port, and a few other 3rd party games.
- Various different Joy-Cons and accessories
- All games shown will have a solid release date up until the fall (they'll save something for E3 like pokemon)
- OS is nothing special, post directly to your social networks
- Battery life = 5 hrs
- Tech demo showing graphical prowess or something talking about ease of development
- Online is still free
- Cross marketing between mobile apps and games
-**MAYBE** updated account system that ties games to your accounts. You own the games, but there's a small transaction to play them on other/later devices

Caelus

Give me one with a real d-pad(preferably in purple) and basically any fears of the Switch are gone completely.

dpad_joycons.png

From the patent.

DMONKUMA

Sugar, Salt, Crying, Rage and overwhelming depression or joy. It can go either way.

For software they might....

-do a reel of first party and third party games being ported to the Switch. There won't be any interviews from any of the third-party publishers/developers, just walking up on stage to present a game/s.

-Reveal launch lineup and go into some detail
About it.

-Brand new teasers of games coming either in later 2017 or beyond. Exclusives

-Unexpected surprise/s......dream scenarios

-Metroid will be mention or shown but not fully.....

StarTropics reboot.
Please...?

Besides that I predict people will be very surprised by the sheer volume of games coming. From firsts, thirds and indies. People will be a bit disappointed with specs/visuals, but some here will actually be impressed when everything looks much better than Wii U games.

I predict something shown will have a lot of AA.

1) No specs, no discussion of power at all
2) Big focus on Zelda
3) Official Announcement of MK8 and Splatoon ports, both framed like they're not ports (but they are)
4) Tiny bit more of Mario
5) Beyond Good and Evil 2 is the only third party game officially announced. No Skyrim.
6) List of partners shown with lots of logos of people who have expressed interest
7) Price is a bit too high
8) IR pointer is confirmed

look out for Nintendo Ninjas!

Price
Two different SKU's
Launch games involve Splatoon, Zelda, just dance, skyrim, some other rubbish.
Release date of March 17th.
Mario trailer
Maybe a highlights reel of indie stuff and VC stuff, including Gamecube VC.
Maybe mention other stuff 'to be talked about in another direct' Smash bros, Mario, Pokemon stars, etc.

brinstar

2) Big focus on Zelda
3) Official Announcement of MK8 and Splatoon ports, both framed like they're not ports (but they are)
5) Beyond Good and Evil 2 is the only third party game officially announced. No Skyrim.
6) List of partners shown with lots of logos of people who have expressed interest

There we go, now I can keep my expectations in check.

120v

in no particular order:

- 10 mins on Mario Switch
- 5-10 mins on BotW
- 10 mins on Splatoon and Smash
- 10 mins on obvious ports/stuff we already know about
- 5 mins on 1st party wild cards
- 5 mins on 3rd party wild cards
- footage of yuppies playing it; price, date, pre-order now

Galang

Banned
2) Big focus on Zelda

I think this is pretty accurate aside the bolded. There's no way they would only announce one third party game even if the system wasn't releasing in March. Nobody wants to be disappointed, but jeez

I expect:

Price reveal- $250 base $300 bundle
Barebones or no spec info
Focus on first party games and collaborations (maybe BGE2 or Rabbids RPG)
Reveal more western third party support than Japanese at this event

Philippo

Mind you, some of this is purely pulled out of my ass and just stuff i'd like to see, other is basically stuff we already know. I just love making long and pointless lists of predictions.

Hosts: Reggie and Kimishima
Lenght: 1h30min-2h
Appearences by: Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, Yves Guillmont, plus a reel of various devs praising the console

(in order)
Music Performance
Console overview 
-Philosophy: hybrid concept, new tech, coop functionalities, Nintendo E-Sport program;
-Launch date (March 17th);
-Console and accessories prices (Switch + Joycon Grip= 249$/€, Switch + Joycon Pro + New IP= 349$/€, Joycon 24,99$/€, Joycon L+R 39$/€, Joycon Grip 29$/€, Joycon Pro 59$/€);
-OS details (UI, new account system, community, media, store, achievements, sharing; premium services);
Music Performance
Launch line-up
-Zelda BotW trailer;
-Pikmin 4 reveal and presentation;
-Splatoon Fresh Paint (pack-in title);
-Nintendoland 2 / Nintendo Party Game trailer;
-Project Giant Robo trailer;
-New IP reveal and presentation;
Music Performance
-3rd party launch titles reel (Fifa 17, Madden, NBA, RE7, MvC3, World of FF, TES:V SE, Lego, Telltale: GotG, Trine 3);
-Indie launch titles reel (Rocket League, Hyper Light Drifter, Stardew Valley, Undertale, Niddhogg, Owlboy, Shantae Half Genie Hero);
-Partnership with Ubisoft: W_D2/Just Dance17 at launch, For Honor/Rayman Legends HD in Spring, Mario&Rabbids in Fall, New Assassin's Creed announced, simultaneous release with other platforms, Beyond Good&Evil 2 reveal (exclusive);
-Virtual Console: update program for older titles, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart Double Dash at launch for Gamecube, also Mother 3;
(Monster Hunter XX, Musou Stars, Disgaea 5 and Dragon Quest X confirmed for japanese launch titles in a separate press release)
Launch window line-up
-Reel (Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Mario Kart 8+, Smash Brosh Remastered, Titanfall 2, Yooka-Laylee, Injustice 2);
Later this year line-up
-Retro new IP reveal;
-Animal Crossing reveal;
Music Performance
One more thing
-Super Mario Switch reveal trailer, coming June 2017

komplanen

Here's my predictions:

• Console priced at $249
  • Launch will not be 100% world-wide day1, days or a couple of weeks between continents
  • No Zelda or Mario from Nintendo at launch
  • Ubisoft Mario will be "interesting" but not a big hit
  • Splatoon will be "day 1" for fans, looks like a real sequel
  • Mario Kart will be more of a port, but with tons of new content
  • Some Nintendo games will look too "simple" and "portable-like" even for Nintendo fans
  • At least one big surprise from Nintendo that has people really excited!
  • At least one 2nd party game will have people surprised (not Metroid Prime, though)
  • No Donkey Kong game shown, but new IP from same developers
  • At least one 3rd party port will look decent (Nintendo fans like this)
  • At least one 3rd party port will look like a PS3 game (Nintendo haters like this)
  • Above two points will provide a couple of days of flaming on both sides
  • People will analyze screenshots of undocked game footage for details, lose their minds

Leatherface

-An FZeroGX / FzeroX(DD) remake will be announced with footage. We will all poop at the same time.

-Metroid Prime Trilogy REMAKE w/ Splatoon style Gyro controls

-We will be plesently surprised by the performance of the Switch. Not blown away, but happy.

-The secret feature will be 3D ala 3DS for mobile mode.

-3rd party support will be a thing again. We will get some 3rd party bomb drops for sure!

-There will be two launch options. One for $299 and one for $250.

😃

I predict Nintendo Diehards will love it, no matter what is announced.

I predict the Nintendo Haters will hate it, no matter what is announced.

For the rest of us:
- $250 price tag, anything higher IMO, will make this doa
- Zelda is NOT a launch game, nintendo apologists will say this is a good thing
- New 3D Mario will not be in the same style as Mario64, this would be a smart move and something fans want but nintendo wants to give fans something new.
- System will be graphically underwhelming, this will cause most of GAF to dismiss the Switch
- Retro shows a new Metroid Prime, my faith is restored in Nintendo, suddenly I want one
- Any attempt at rational discussion will be met by hostile Nintendo apologists rendering any attempt at critical dialogue impossible

I for one cant wait to see what Nintendo has up their sleeve. After the massive failure of the Wii U, It would be nice to see Nintendo bring something competitive to the table. So far the Switch seems like its target audience does not include myself or any of my friends/colleagues. I hope to be proven wrong.

BRING IT ON NINTENDO!

F-Zero GX sequel with 30 players online, tournament functionality, observer mode, customizable characters and crafts, and a story mode that alternates between racing challenges and Zero Escape style storytelling. $40.

We also need a track editor. I have...many ideas.

KAL2006

Banned
- Talks about Switch concept. Play at home, play on the go. Play with traditional controls, motion controls and touchscreen.

- Spla2oon revealed. Uses Nintendos new online infrastructure. Competes with Xbox Live. New version of MiiVerse, more community features such as organising tournaments and sharing photos or livestreams.

- Talks about Nintendos new account system. Similar to PS4/XB1, games tied to account and not system. Virtual Console revealed, with 3 GameCube games shown, and a few GBA and NES games shown. Also Mother 3 shown

- Super Mario 128 revealed. Talks about local multiplayer using the detachable controllers. 2 player co op gameplay shown in the Mario game.

- Fire Emblem Warriors shown. Dynasty Warriors clone similar to Hyrule Warriors

- Mario Kart Switch shown. Nintendo demonstrate the ability to mix and match local and online multiplayer. 4 player split screen on the TV, another 2 people connected via their own Switch for 6 player local multiplayer using 2 Switches as well as a addition of another 6 players online giving a total of 12 players playing together.

- Zelda Breath of the Wild shown

- Wave Race revealed, can play this with traditional controls or with gyro. Shows example of person playing this like a iPad game on Switch when portable without controls attached

- Pikmin 4 revealed, this game is shown to be able to play with touchscreen when portable and pointer controls when on the TV

- 3rd party reel of how much they love Switch
- Ubisoft come to the stage and reveal, Just Dance, Rabbids invade Mushroom Kingdom, Beyond Good and Evil 2.
- Sega reveal Sonic 2017, Sonic Mania
- Capcom reveal Monster Hunter XX
- Warner Bros reveal Injustice 2
- Namco reveal Tekken 7
- Gearbox reveal Borderlands Handsome Collection
- Bethesda reveal Skyrim, suprise Zelda content shown at the end of the trailer featuring a Zelda dungeon quest where you can find the Master Sword.
- EA reveal FIFA
- 2K show NBA
- Tons of Indie games shown

- Switch price $250 for 32GB, $300 for 64GB with Splatoon. All SKUs come with JoyCon grip which has its own batteries that recharge. All SKUs come with dock and USB-C cable. Micro SD cards not included as there is internal memory but user can expand with their own Micro SD card.
- Mid March release
- Launch Lineup
Super Mario 128
Wave Race
Trine Trilogy
Spla2oon
Just Dance
Rabbids VS Mario
Borderlands Handsome Tales
Elder Scrolls Skyrim
NBA 2K17
FIFA Switch
Monster Hunter XX

Smash Bros, Xenoblade X ports also revealed afterwards but not revealed in the press conference. Netflix and Web browser apps also revealed but not in press conference.

Mario Maker, Retro New IP and Pokémon Stars will be saved for E3.

I'm wishing for Pokemon Switch, but I feel they won't announce it until far later due to the 3DS versions being new.

Super excited to see some footage of Mario Kart and Smash, hopefully lots of new content and characters will be shown. I'm predicting Zelda at launch, unless I missed some important leak our official announcement.

My prediction: a significant number of people will be, uh, "displeased" by the price (I mean, certain people are already saying $200 would be too much...), but the overall sentiment besides that will be "So. Many. GAMES."

wildfire

Banned
Mario, Zelda, Skyrim, NBA 2K? None of these games showed in the reveals are THE game that they want to show off the capabilities of the Switch.

Nintendo will look back at what they did right with Wii and so wrong with Wii U.

Nintendo's game that will define the console will be Pokemon. A game that was strictly handheld will make the switch to console gaming. They will overplay their hand and even show off Pokemon working in a VR cardboard setup.

Pokemon will take up twice as much time as the average time for all their other highlights.

Their ratio of 1st party to 3rd party of highlights will be 2 to 3.

They will put front and center a lot of mediocre 3rd party games but 3 of them will be exciting and potentially surprising.

I expect some of these to be the 3 games:
Bethesda - Dishonored 2 Complete edition or Prey
Epic Games - Fortnite
EA - Star Wars Battlefront 2
InXile - Torment: Tides of Numenera
Ubisoft - Wild

Don't expect FF XV, any other EA game that isn't a sports or mobile game, Rockstar games announced for Switch.

Nintendo will show off 14 Games and do a summary reel showing off 3 times as many games (half of which are mobile)

Nintendo will focus on software but they will definitely talk about forward thinking hardware features like streaming Switch games to any device ( a consequence of ensuring ammibos work in handheld mode), and infrared pointers coming back in more control schemes.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
How long are you guys expecting the presentation to be?

55 minutes seems short to me.

I mean, they need to introduce the games obviously. But they also need to introduce other features, such as amiibo? local mutiplayer? New account system etc.

Torokil

Keeping it abstract:

-System Price
-Launch Date
-Zelda is a launch title
-Announce a Wii U remasters collection. Including Splatoon+ (launch), MK8+ (summer), Mario Maker and Smash Bros+ (Fall)
-Mario Switch trailer and title
-random 3rd party bullshit that will fail in retail (Skyrim port)
-February direct announcements that appeals more towards the audience of the regions (NA, JP, EU)

Maybe a megaton at the end like Bayonetta, I dunno. My specific long shot shitstorm maker would be Chrono Break. That would be entertaining.

MomoQca

Nintendo Switch Presentation (approximately 50 minutes)

Price range: $250-300
Launch date: March 17, 2017 for all regions

They'll show the following games:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (launch)
  • Splatoon 2 (launch)
  • Skyrim (launch)
  • Mario Kart 8.5 (May '17)
  • Super Mario Switch (June '17)
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch (June '17)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (August '17)
  • Mario x Rabbids RPG (September '17)
  • Dragon Quest XI (2017)
  • Pikmin 4 (2017)
  • New IP by Nintendo EPD (2017)
  • Beyond Good and Evil: Odyssey (Coming soon)
  • New Xenoblade game by Monolith Soft (Coming soon)
  • New Metroid Prime by Next Level Games (Coming soon)

Jaymageck

I think this is pretty accurate aside the bolded. There's no way they would only announce one third party game even if the system wasn't releasing in March. Nobody wants to be disappointed, but jeez

After the news that Skyrim and NBA weren't actually officially in development and were just mocked up for the teaser trailer, I got the sense Nintendo were seriously grasping for straws for proving third party support. Why would the only third party titles shown not even be confirmed?

It's not been that long since then and I don't imagine most third parties have the confidence they need yet to either a) spend time and money developing exclusives, or b) spend time and money downgrading current-gen. So the alt is last gen ports...and why would they be expected to sell?

I honestly would not be surprised if the third party situation is this bad. I would like to be pleasantly surprised though.

wildfire

Banned
How long are you guys expecting the presentation to be?

55 minutes seems short to me.

I mean, they need to introduce the games obviously. But they also need to introduce other features, such as amiibo? local mutiplayer? New account system etc.

It honestly shouldn't be more than an hour. What they might do is make 2 presentations. The marquee show will be under an hour and they'll have a live stream for an additional 2 hours where they sprinkle nuggets about various features or games they didn't want to highlight.

Plum

After the news that Skyrim and NBA weren't actually officially in development and were just mocked up for the teaser trailer, I got the sense Nintendo were seriously grasping for straws for proving third party support. Why would the only third party titles shown not even be confirmed?

It's not been that long since then and I don't imagine most third parties have the confidence they need yet to either a) spend time and money developing exclusives, or b) spend time and money downgrading current-gen. So the alt is last gen ports...and why would they be expected to sell?

I honestly would not be surprised if the third party situation is this bad. I would like to be pleasantly surprised though.

...where was this news that Skyrim and NBA aren't in development? Because all I ever saw was the typical "We cannot comment..." quoted which are just PR speak for "We can't confirm at this time."

That and, if your assertions are true, why would Nintendo put games they know aren't coming to their console in their reveal trailer? Why would Bethesda and 2K even agree to it?

Jeff6851

Mario 3D
Zelda
Animal Crossing Switch with a mobile tie-in
Pikmin 4
Smash Remastered
VC stuff (Gamecube)

$249 at launch

Releasing March 17

Um the bolded never happened. Todd Howard confirmed Skyrim himself. Take two and Bethesda gave standard "no comment" response when asked about those games, likely because Nintendo asked them to.

Boss Man

An entry to a beloved/dormant franchise will be teased but it turns out to be some type of spinoff game and not what everyone got excited over.

Mik317

My prediction?

pain.

(by this I mean people getting waaaay too hype and Nintendo not meeting that hype because that's impossible to reach).

Kindekuma

Banned
Frustration that the stream was not to their expectations because the leak rumors are false. Or frustration that the stream was exactly what they expected and learned nothing new, and found the stream "boring".

I don't understand why people entertain these 'insider leakers', it's 8 days from now.

That aside I think we'll see some GC VC support announced as well. Love to see me some Super Mario Sunshine as a launch VC game.

Jaymageck

...where was this news that Skyrim and NBA aren't in development? Because all I ever saw was the typical "We cannot comment..." quoted which are just PR speak for "We can't confirm at this time."

That and why would Nintendo put games they know aren't coming to their console in their reveal trailer? Why would Bethesda and 2K even agree to it?

By "officially in development" I mean not confirmed.

1) "Why put games not coming in trailer" - because there's potentially nothing else?

2) "Why even agree to it?" - A financial/business incentive given to them by Nintendo, i.e. "We'd like to show something and will pay you" and as EA/Bethesda are considering development they'd maybe think "I guess if the reaction is good we'll look into green lighting projects".

I'm not saying either of those points are true. These titles may be in development. However I am baffled as to what harm there would be in saying "yes, this game is being made".

EDIT: I stand corrected on Skyrim. I did not know of the Todd Howard quote. I guess we'll see 2 third party games. Possibly 3 if NBA is confirmed too.

Top Bottom