• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Stream Predictions

Interfectum

None to my knowledge, I think it was intended as their next gen engine but they found it too tricky to work with.

Money and time well spent at SE. :|

I'm glad they are finally using a standard engine though. No more years wasted coding an engine from scratch.

Ouroboros

• They will talk about the hardware a little bit, but lets be honest Nintendo doesn't care about specs. More specific toward (fun)ction and different models or packages, base and premium.
  • They will talk about the new account system for the Switch and how all your games are tied to that specific account. It would be nice if they have some kind of transfer system from old account to new that carries over all VC games, but lol won't happen.
  • Talk will talk about Amiibo support and show off some upcoming Amiibo figures like Star Power Rainbow Mario.
  • First party / exclusives Showcase
    Mario Universe
    Zelda BotW
    Spla2n
    Mario Kart 8 Burning Rubber Edition ft. Captain Falcon and Dave from Wave Race 64
    Mario RPG rabbit thing that no one will buy
    BG&E by ubisoft
    Xenoblade Chronicles X Really Feeling It Edition
    Smash Bros. Championship Edition (Little Mac Edition)
    Bayonetta 2 Bewitched Edition
    Pikmin (reboot)​
  • Show generic logos of upcoming exclusive games like pokemon (stars), generic yoshi platformer game, SONIC, Animal Crossing...etc.
  • 3rd party support showcase of games. All multiplatform and all are have already been released on PS4/XOne/PC
  • 3DS remasters showcase : Bravely Default, Star Fox 64, OoT, and the cult classic Steel Diver
  • Release date and price at the end and when / where we can preorder.
  • Higher up will thank fans for loyal support and will ask for us to look forward to a new generation of great Nintendo content.

GlamFM

Banned
I just want them to reveal Animal Crossing Switch

stardew-switch.jpg

Price
  • SKU#1 = 299,99
  • SKU#2 = 249,99

Date
  • 3/24 = EU
  • 3/25 = JP
  • 3/26 = US

First Party
  • Mario 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Splatoon port
  • Mario Kart 8 port
  • Super Smash Bros. port

Exclusives
  • Rabbids Battle Kingdom (Ubisoft)
  • ??? (Bandai Namco Games)
  • ??? (Koei Tecmo)
  • ??? (From Software)
  • ??? (ATLUS)
  • ??? (SEGA)
  • ??? (Capcom)

3rd Parties

SEGA
  • Project Sonic 2017

Squate-Enix
  • Dragon Quest XI (3DS/PS4 hybrid)
  • World of Final Fantasy

Warner Bros.Games
  • LEGO [insert]
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor port
  • Mortal Kombat XL

Bethesda
  • Fallout Shelter
  • DOOM

Ubisoft
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
  • Beyond Good & Evil 0

EA Sports
  • FIFA 2017

2K Games
  • BioShock: The Collection
  • NBA 2K17

Capcom
  • Monster Hunter XX

Virtua Cosole
  • NES
  • SNES
  • GBA
  • N64
  • GBA
  • NGC
  • Wii
  • No DS

Backward
  • No

Surprise
  • Rocket League
  • New Metroid Teaser
  • New Monolith Game Teaser
  • New Ninja Gaiden Gameplay Teaser
  • No Skyrim

This is absolute best case scenario.

I'm guessing we get an opening of the conference with a new video montage like the Switch trailer.

Nintendo:
- talks some specs, power of Nvidia.
- talks UI
- talks Nintendo online system (replacement for miiverse) and voice chat, talks their own version of Xbox live.
- virtual console (wave race or eternal darkness, Mario sunshine and Luigi Mansion), DKC SNES, SF64, New Super Mario DS, Wii sports, and original NES games.
- EshoP: dr Luigi, reskinned as Dr. Mario, Nintendoland games sold individually.
- talks about all controllers (including pro controller)
-states price and launch date $249/$299 Mar 17.
- talks about Netflix, Twitch, Hulu, espn
- talks about esports -- Nintendo Switch = esport for casuals, non pc gamer.

Games:
Actual gameplay and discussion:
- Zelda BoTW
- Splatoon
- MK8
- Rabbids Rpg
- mario announcement trailer. Looks different than Switch video. Wart is the villan. Not a launch game.
- video trailer for smash (coming fall 2017)
- surprise game

Third party: (may not be available in all regions at launch)
- Skyrim discussed
- Dragon Quest discussed
- Fifa 17 discussed
- NBA 2k discussed
- Activision game ( COD, or Overwatch) announcement
- Monster Hunter XX announced
- BGE2 teaser trailer

Montage trailer (not all at launch)
- Borderlands handsome jack announced (Ridley boss fight)
- just dance 17
- Ubisoft game either ( far cry primal, for honor, rainbow 6, or south park)
- telltale Guardian Galaxy
- Resident evil 7
- Square Enix game (either dragon quest builders, world of Final fantasy, or Kingdom hearts 1.5 +2.5)
- Minecraft Switch
- Lego dimension or Lego world
- sonic something
- Darganronpa
- Hatsune Miku
- Yooka Laylee
- Tekken 7 also coming to Switch in 2017.
- injustice 2 coming to Switch in 2017.
- Hearthstone
- Namco game: either Digimon, Naruto, or tales

Indie reel:
- stardew Valley
- shantae
- cube life
- Tetris
- fast racing neo
- rocket League? (hopefully)

Closing out show:
Surprises:
Either Metroid: new by human head studios, or Metroid Prime HD remake
Valve: new orange box ( CS:Go, TF 2, L4D2, and Dota 2.)
showing Nintendo is serious about esports.

EA announcing additional support going forward!

AND CONFIRMATION SWITCH IS GETTING BEYOND DESTINY!

E3 Tease:

Light tease about VR, Retro studios, SCD, Fallout and FFVII:R. Nintendo says see you at E3.

I also expect mobile games to be presented but I could put my finger on what games would be shown off aside from a port of one of King's games.

Ace Attorney is a good pick.

If Nintendo are wanting this to replace the 3DS (however much they say they don't - see the 'third pillar' rhetoric of the early DS days), I feel like making a showcase of DS/3DS experiences on the console would be kinda vital to that. The Ace Attorney series is one in a prime position to do that, as it has existing HD ports that were built to be played on a single screen.

I don't really expect it to turn up, but it would be kinda nice.

_Clash_

directly_thumb.jpg

- Direct is hosted exclusively by Hideki Kamiya
- The Wonderful 102 is announced, coming at launch. Kamiya and his team reveal they've just stepped out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and have been working on it for three years while only a few minutes of real time has passed
- It's so goddamn fucking sick that nobody even sees the rest of the Direct because they're too busy running around screaming.
- The trailer ends with each individual Wonderful One becoming leader of a planet, then all those planets combine into a giant Megazord to fight a galaxy-sized boss. GAF complains that Platinum spoiled the final boss in the trailer; it turns out it was only the first miniboss of the game.

GOAT reveal

Baleoce

I'm still pulling for Diddy Kong Racing by Monster Games surprise.

Man, I would love this. Between this, Mario Kart 8 Switch Edition and Wave Race, I would be very satissfied. I'm not going to tempt fate by asking for F-Zero. Even though I want it badly.

Hmmm... Jaymageck is wrong, and so are all the people who agree with his prediction. Kimishima literally told us that he would mention spec details when speaking to Nikkei reporters this past April. Here are the receipts.

It isn't so abnormal for Nintendo. Iwata also mentioned specs at the Wii U reveal, and we had information on the official Nintendo site. I suspect that it won't be everything that some on here want, but there will be some information. There are words from the horses' mouths and official press releases out there, which provide more details than a lot of people think, and from those, deductions can be made. Beyond that, everything else is rumour mills and speculation.

Some points... I suspect that we'll see something from Retro Studios, as it's three years since Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Perhaps DKC:TF will be ported, too - I'm pretty sure all DKC titles have seen ports.

Expect a reel of "third party" (launch window) releases. I suspect that S-E will feature, with Dragon Quest XI already announced, and I wouldn't be surprised at all, if the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is announced for it, too - There doesn't appear to be much reason for Nintendo to sit on Cloud amiibo, and releasing it at this point wouldn't do much for a 2014 title on the Wii U and 3DS. I'm quite confident that it will happen.

It is also just over two years since Bayonetta 2 released. I wouldn't be surprised, if there's a third entry in development (also Nintendo exclusive), for the same reasons as why the Cloud amiibo isn't released yet. Sure, there are reports of a SSB4 port, but I don't feel it's a reach to say that unreleased amiibo for a 2014 title wouldn't be enough reason for people to care.

A lot has been said about Wii U ports, and not enough about possible 3DS ones. The Fire Emblem Series will get a mobile game this year; In recent years, it has elevated from a niche series to a top-tier IP. Corrin amiibo isn't out yet, and perhaps it would release in line with a new Fire Emblem title, or a "Complete Edition" of Fire Emblem: Fates. Wouldn't rule out both.

Nothing "wild" there. I'll never understand this whole mindset of expecting the worst - It's largely unjustified. There's room for in-between, and for the rest, it's alright to be hopeful. Hopeful doesn't mean "to a point of being insatiable and unrealistic". Not everything will be to your taste, and not everything will be the Second Coming. As for the rest, there will be some welcome and pleasant surprises.

Thraktor

Crazy speculation time:

• Show starts with Zelda, showing off some new features. They don't actually spend that much time on it, but a large proportion of the post-show demo stations are dedicated to it.
  • They announce Nintendo OS, which not only powers Switch, but will also be used for all their future dedicated gaming devices. They confirm that all Switch games will run on future Nintendo OS devices, and hint at more Nintendo OS devices in the next couple of years. They'll put a lot of emphasis on how quick the OS is in their demo. (Investors will jump on the Nintendo OS announcement as the most important part of the show, thinking they're going after Apple and Google's business model, even though it's basically no different than what Nintendo has been doing for decades)
  • They'll have a short technical discussion, although we'll only get the vaguest of "specs". They'll spend more time on talking about how easy it is to make games for Switch, and how Vulkan allows developers to get amazing performance out of the console. Someone from id will talk about how great Vulkan is and how they got Doom up and running on Switch in only a day, and leave out the weeks of optimisation needed to actually get it running well.
  • They'll show off a few surprise features. These include:
    - Biometric login using hand recognition.
    - Cheap "passive" controllers which can be bundled with games and replace the right joy-con. (Although there will only be one or two announced on the day and they'll emphasise that all games will work with standard controls as well)
    - Hand-tracking and gesture recognition when the right joy-con is removed.
    - Scanning of real-world 3D objects to be used in games.
  • There'll be a Wii Sports/Nintendoland style party game which they'll spend quite a bit of time on. There'll be a lot of emphasis on multiplayer, and it'll use most of the Switch's interesting features. You'll be able to scan in real-world objects to use as game pieces, with Non-Specific Action Figure making a brief cameo as one of the examples used.
  • They'll confirm the Wii U remasters (Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Xenoblade, etc.) but won't spend much time on them.
  • They'll show Animal Crossing Switch, which is basically just Animal Crossing on Switch, but they'll also briefly show it interacting with the Animal Crossing mobile game. People won't pay that much attention to it, but this combo will end up selling more Switches than any other individual game shown.
  • They'll do a big reveal for the new 3D Mario game, which will be amazing, because it's a 3D Mario game by EAD Tokyo, so it's impossible for it not to be amazing.
  • Retro's new game will be something new, and a bit weird/unexpected, but will get really good impressions from the demo afterwards.
  • Following on from the success of Splatoon, Nintendo will have a new IP in a genre they haven't approached before, but it won't release until 2018.
  • We'll get brief teaser trailers for the new Xenoblade, Pikmin, Fire Emblem and Metroid, but won't give release dates or any real info, much to the dismay of Metroid fans.
  • The Rabbids&Yoshi RPG will be completely bizarre yet intriguing, with a battle system that's a cross between Paper Mario and SRPGs. It'll be the only third-party developed game shown to make use of Switch's special features.
  • They'll show an incredibly brief teaser for the new Assassin's Creed game, with no actual gameplay shown.
  • Ubisoft will have the best support of any western third party, with Ghost Recon, South Park, AC, Just Dance and the rest of their 2017 lineup, but won't port any of their older games.
  • The only EA game shown will be FIFA, as part of a demo reel.
  • Bethesda will show a lot of old ports, including Skyrim, Doom and Fallout 4, but won't comment on any new games.
  • Acti-Blizzard will have an Overwatch port and they'll confirm that "a Call of Duty" title will come to Switch, but they won't say which one. No Destiny.
  • Warner Bros will show a variety of Lego games and possibly an old Arkham Asylum/City port.
  • Take Two will show NBA2K and possibly an XCOM2 port. No GTA or RDR.
  • THQ Nordic will announce Darksiders 3 (also coming to other platforms) and Elex for Switch.
  • Square Enix will show a pile of Dragon Quest games (DQ10, DQ11, DQ:B) and Kingdom Hearts (HD collection + 3), but no Final Fantasy.
  • Bandai-Namco will announce Tekken 7 and Dark Souls Trilogy ports.
  • Atlus will announce a Persona 5 port.
  • Capcom will confirm Monster Hunter XX as a Japanese launch title, and will show a Monster Hunter 5 logo, but won't give any details. They'll also announce a Resident Evil 7 port and a new Ace Attorney game.
  • Koei Tecmo will show Musou Stars and their new Nobunaga's Ambition game
  • Sega will show the new 3D Sonic title, but for some reason not Sonic Mania.
  • There'll be a sizzle reel of indie games, including new games from Shinen, Frozenbyte and Image & Form, plus Rime, Stardew Valley, Yooka-Laylee, Rocket League and a few others.
  • They'll announce "a Pokemon game" without specifying exactly what it is. To absolutely nobody's surprise, it'll be fully revealed as Pokemon Stars sometime in the summer.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 will get a brief trailer, but no gameplay and little indication of how far along development is.
  • VC support for GB to DS and NES to Wii will be announced, and they'll show off Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness.
  • Console launches March 17th/18th depending on territory.
  • There'll be a 32GB version for $199 with no game and a 128GB version with Nintendo's party game/mini-game collection for $249.
  • The Wii U ports will have a special discount for owners of the Wii U version, but for a limited time.

GlamFM

Banned
Looking forward to that one as well. Love it on the pc, feel like I'd love it even more if I could play it anywhere.

Loved it on PC. Stopped playing once I started suspecting that it might come to the switch. Can´t wait to start over!

I can't understand how Zelda wouldn't be a launch game. It's the only thing they've been talking about. Not doing this would be shooting themselves in the foot.

I think

$299 Price Tag
No Specs Detailed
Takes SD Cards for memory
32GB On Board
Zelda Launch Game
Splatoon Launch Game
Smash Bros Launch Game

Eshop Stuff
Some purchases are transferable from 3DS and WiiU

Accessories:
Pro Controller

Unit will only be bundled with dock, people saying they'll sell just the screen, to me sound crazy. It's called "The Switch"

Anyway that's my best guesses, we'll see in a week though.-

Bottom line- this is very exciting

Edit- Insane prediction- Zelda is a pack in!! WAT WAT

Really all I want is Dark Souls to go- PLEASE FROM= PLEASE

LowSignal

$249.99 Price Tag
No Specs talked about
Can use the Nvidia cloud
Dock bumps up graphics substantially
Uses proprietary Nintendo made memory cards
32GB On Board
Will make your wildest portable dreams come true
Limited inventory available at launch

Neoxon

$249.99 Price Tag
No Specs talked about
Can use the Nvidia cloud
Dock bumps up graphics substantially
Uses proprietary Nintendo made memory cards
32GB On Board
Will make your wildest portable dreams come true
Limited inventory available at launch
One of the leaks already said that the Switch uses Micro SD cards.

JSevere

Starts off with another Switch video showing a bunch of people playing the system. Presenters come out on stage, reiterate that the Switch is fuckin cool and it'll completely change the way you and your friends play. Going into games, they reveal Breath of the Wild and Mario Switch are coming at launch and dedicate a bunch of time to showing off these flagship titles. Other first-party games are coming too and they announce a few, probably Retro Studios' new thing, maybe a console Metroid if they don't think Federation Force killed the franchise yet, and Wii U ports like MK8, Smash, Splatoon, etc., some of which are at launch too, others are releasing later in the spring. They have a nice sizzle reel of third-party games from indies and big publishers, hopefully a couple of surprises in there. They get a third party company to come up on stage, probably Ubisoft, announce the Rabbids RPG and BG&E. They cap it off with release date and price reveal!

L Thammy

The stream opens with Bill doing DIY electrical work. He's about to install a light switch.

"Make the Switch!"

Bill accidentally electrocutes himself and collapses on the floor, twitching. Reggie runs onto to the set and cradles Bill in his arms. Through tears, he blubbers "I Will Always Love You", originally by Dolly Parton.

Clov

My predictions:

Brief overview of the specs
Overview of the UI
Details on MyNintendo integration/account system
Details on Miiverse integration
Two SKUs, $250 for 32GB, $300 for 64GB with bundled Splatoon sequel
Mid-March release date worldwide

First Party Games:
BotW at launch
Splatoon sequel at launch
Full 3D Mario reveal
New version of Mario Maker
Enhanced Mario Kart 8 port
Smash 4 port, with Inkling being revealed in a new trailer
Mario Sports Superstars port
New 2D Metroid
Animal Crossing Switch reveal
Some sort of minigame collection similar to Wii Sports and Nintendo Land
Whatever Retro's game is
At least one new IP
Virtual Console sizzle reel, covering titles from GB-DS and NES-Wii
One last, baffling surprise (which is more wishful thinking on my part): The canceled Seaman 3DS version is revived as a new, HD version of Seaman

Third Party Games:
Skyrim at launch
Square shows DQXI footage, mentions DQX and DQ:B coming to the system. KH HD versions and KHIII confirmed.
Overwatch port
Tekken 7 port
Capcom announces the second Great Ace Attorney game and Monster Hunter XX will come to Switch
Sega shows footage of new Sonic title, announces new Miku title
Tecmo-Koei announces Musou Stars and Blue Reflection ports, new Fatal Frame
Spike-Chunsoft brings over Danganronpa V3 and The Nonary Games
New SMT related title from Atlus
Ubisoft brings over most of their 2017 lineup
Some sort of Indie sizzle reel

Bert

Hope:

- At least an hour
- All the expected Nintendo games (Pikmin, 3D Mario, Splatoon, etc.) plus a couple of new IPs
- Major third party support for at least multiplayer focused games (real multiplayer, not sad lonely online multiplayer)
- £200/€220/$220 for base model no pack-ins
- Finally get Virtual Console right and release it as a subscription model with massive library as well as PAYG, previous purchases carry over
- Discount for Wii U owners (a man can dream), or at least cheap remakes with proof of purchase

Expectation:

- 30 mins
- No games we haven't already heard of
- Underwhelming graphics
- Virtual Console starts again with a handful of games and everything has to be rebought
- £220/€250/$250 base model
- Derisory 3rd party support, Ubisoft Rabbits, crap late ports, etc.

Speely

Banned
The lights dim, and ominous atmospheric music begins playing. Suddenly a spotlight from behind the stage sillhouettes a figure seeming to wear some kind of futuristic suit. Everyone loses their shit.

Then the place lights up and it's
Hydrobot!

This is absolute best case scenario.

I'm guessing we get an opening of the conference with a new video montage like the Switch trailer.

Nintendo:
- talks some specs, power of Nvidia.
- talks UI
- talks Nintendo online system (replacement for miiverse) and voice chat, talks their own version of Xbox live.
- virtual console (wave race or eternal darkness, Mario sunshine and Luigi Mansion), DKC SNES, SF64, New Super Mario DS, Wii sports, and original NES games.
- EshoP: dr Luigi, reskinned as Dr. Mario, Nintendoland games sold individually.
- talks about all controllers (including pro controller)
-states price and launch date $249/$299 Mar 17.
- talks about Netflix, Twitch, Hulu, espn
- talks about esports -- Nintendo Switch = esport for casuals, non pc gamer.

Games:
Actual gameplay and discussion:
- Zelda BoTW
- Splatoon
- MK8
- Rabbids Rpg
- mario announcement trailer. Looks different than Switch video. Wart is the villan. Not a launch game.
- video trailer for smash (coming fall 2017)
- surprise game

Third party: (may not be available in all regions at launch)
- Skyrim discussed
- Dragon Quest discussed
- Fifa 17 discussed
- NBA 2k discussed
- Activision game ( COD, or Overwatch) announcement
- Monster Hunter XX announced
- BGE2 teaser trailer

Montage trailer (not all at launch)
- Borderlands handsome jack announced (Ridley boss fight)
- just dance 17
- Ubisoft game either ( far cry primal, for honor, rainbow 6, or south park)
- telltale Guardian Galaxy
- Resident evil 7
- Square Enix game (either dragon quest builders, world of Final fantasy, or Kingdom hearts 1.5 +2.5)
- Minecraft Switch
- Lego dimension or Lego world
- sonic something
- Darganronpa
- Hatsune Miku
- Yooka Laylee
- Tekken 7 also coming to Switch in 2017.
- injustice 2 coming to Switch in 2017.
- Hearthstone
- Namco game: either Digimon, Naruto, or tales

Indie reel:
- stardew Valley
- shantae
- cube life
- Tetris
- fast racing neo
- rocket League? (hopefully)

Closing out show:
Surprises:
Either Metroid: new by human head studios, or Metroid Prime HD remake
Valve: new orange box ( CS:Go, TF 2, L4D2, and Dota 2.)
showing Nintendo is serious about esports.

EA announcing additional support going forward!

AND CONFIRMATION SWITCH IS GETTING BEYOND DESTINY!

E3 Tease:

Light tease about VR, Retro studios, SCD, Fallout and FFVII:R. Nintendo says see you at E3.

All the sudden 50 minutes isn't enough time for our fantasies =O

-shadow-

- The trailer ends with each individual Wonderful One becoming leader of a planet, then all those planets combine into a giant Megazord to fight a galaxy-sized boss. GAF complains that Platinum spoiled the final boss in the trailer; it turns out it was only the first miniboss of the game.

This actually wouldn't even surprise me. It's the only next logical step in a sequel.

Hoje0308

Banned
If the rumoured impressive launch window is true im guessing we will see hints at

-3D Mario
-Splatoon/Smash/Mario Kart Enhanced
- Breath of the Wild
- Animal Crossing
-Pokemon Stars

Those 7 games plus Yoshi's +Poochy will be Nintendo's inhouse launch lineup. Might also get Mario Maker Switch.

3rd Parties

Square
-Dragon Quest XI, FFXV and some smaller spinoff titles

UBI
- Steep
- Just Dance
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (built on the same engine as Steep)
- New IP

Capcom
- Monster Hunter
- A Fighting game

Bethesda
- Skyrim

Activision
?????? Maybe Overwatch

EA-

Just going to assume you're joking.

Sega makes a cameo to announce Dreamcast games on the VC. Launch titles are Soul Caliber, Virtual Tennis and Skies of Arcadia. $15 apiece; $10 for the first two weeks. Shenmue 1 and 2, Phantasy Star Online, Power Stone 1 and 2, Grandia, Ready To Rumble, San Francisco Rush 2049 and more confirmed to appear later.

I'm dreaming so hard. :(

Price
  • SKU#1 = 299,99
  • SKU#2 = 249,99

Date
  • 3/24 = EU
  • 3/25 = JP
  • 3/26 = US

First Party
  • Mario 3D
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Splatoon port
  • Mario Kart 8 port
  • Super Smash Bros. port

Exclusives
  • Rabbids Battle Kingdom (Ubisoft)
  • ??? (Bandai Namco Games)
  • ??? (Koei Tecmo)
  • ??? (From Software)
  • ??? (ATLUS)
  • ??? (SEGA)
  • ??? (Capcom)

3rd Parties

SEGA
  • Project Sonic 2017

Squate-Enix
  • Dragon Quest XI (3DS/PS4 hybrid)
  • World of Final Fantasy

Warner Bros.Games
  • LEGO [insert]
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor port
  • Mortal Kombat XL

Bethesda
  • Fallout Shelter
  • DOOM

Ubisoft
  • Just Dance 2017
  • Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
  • Beyond Good & Evil 0

EA Sports
  • FIFA 2017

2K Games
  • BioShock: The Collection
  • NBA 2K17

Capcom
  • Monster Hunter XX

Virtua Cosole
  • NES
  • SNES
  • GBA
  • N64
  • GBA
  • NGC
  • Wii
  • No DS

Backward
  • No

Surprise
  • Rocket League
  • New Metroid Teaser
  • New Monolith Game Teaser
  • New Ninja Gaiden Gameplay Teaser
  • No Skyrim

NOA stopped with Sunday releases in 2014

Waji

Teaser-trailer of Xenoblade 3, RPG related to X.
That's my only prediction.

I'm not against Zelda and Mario 3D at launch either : P.

sinonobu

Banned
To keep my expectation in check

Price

Basic - 249.99, Pro - 299.99

First Party Titles

Mario Switch
Zelda BOTW
Wii U Ports (Splatoon, Smash, XCX, MK8)
New IP

Third Party Titles

Mario X Rabbids RPG
Nba 2k17
Skyrim SE
Dragon quest X + XI
Just Dance 2017
Ni No Kuni 2
New Inazuma Eleven Game

LordofPwn

March 12th in the US, 17th in EU, 18th in JP.
Zelda launching day and date in US and JP.
Mario release date given.
VC showcase
3rd Party love for first year.
no more than an hour long.
$300, €300, £249, ¥34,999
accessories shown, but not a huge highlight, more info on them will come from regional press events.
Pre-order today!

SirShandy

I tried to come up with stuff that wasn't just restating rumors, but builds off of them.

My predictions:

- Conference will be at least one hour and will be quite dense information wise. By this same point before the Wii U release, it had gone through two E3's prior to the September 2012 conference, so I feel there will be quite a bit of ground to cover here for both Hardware and Software.

- Zelda and the new 3D Mario will both be Day One launch titles. Zelda is a big title, but it's not a title you require a Switch for, and I think Mario will be the big first party Switch-only title from the start. Nintendo will have confidence in their software lineup for the year in order to do this. Also, I figure Nintendo will want to follow up Super Mario Run rather closely.

- A new non Mario Kart racing game from a classic franchise will be revealed for release in the first six months. Something along the lines of Wave Race, Cruisin USA, Excitebike, etc.

- A new Animal Crossing will be revealed for Fall release. As a weird side guess, I want to say the Animal Crossing property will somehow be tied into the Main Menu of the system, or for avatars. Also, this would tie in with the recent late expansion for the 3DS game.

- Miiverse will not return, but you will be able to link to social media like Twitter and Facebook to post limited messages. I'm not sure if Mii's will return given that they've moved away from the ii - labeling with the Switch, but there will some form of avatar.

- The record button on the left joycon will allow you to take images and short gifs, not long videos. You'll be able to post these to social media and imaging sites.

- If a new IP is shown, it will be multiplayer centric like Splatoon and release in the first six months. I think the growing interest in competitive gaming will not be lost on Nintendo and this is an area where they will be pushing quite a bit. This goes into the next prediction...

- A long term initiative for Nintendo to foster their own major competitive gaming scene. Nintendo will create an infrastructure with Switch to fuel communities for current (Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart), and future competitive games. They will also hold yearly events similar to the Nintendo World Championships to further push this goal.

- An achievement-like system will be introduced that is tied directly with My Nintendo accounts. Something similar to Super Mario Run.

- The hardware specs will not be detailed during the conference, but Nvidia will release a video or blog post detailing the hardware and their goals with it shortly there after. Kind of like the post they released after the original Switch trailer.

- Some kind of title from Intelligent Systems will be shown. They are quite prolific.

- An HD package of the three BoxBoy games will be shown. To show they are still going to be releasing digital only titles.

- There will be a fairly large push of customizability with the Joycons and Switch covers.

There will be more new stuff but I don't want to just start rattling off single game predictions of 1st and 3rd party titles. I'll just leave it at this for now.

ika

I don't really believe in these expectations, but it's fun...

-Presentation will be 50-70 min.
-Kimishima, Miyamoto, Reggie, Shibata and others will be there.
-A short explanation of the philosophy behind the Nintendo Switch and the future of Nintendo (unified development, SCD, VR, design of the Switch).
-They'll speak a bit about specs and battery life, but not in great detail.
-Quick explanation of hardware components, buttons, etc.
-Quick explanation of OS, basic MyNintendo-NNID functions.
-First details for VC and eShop transition. Some kind of Nintendo Account data transfer from 3DS/Wii U to Switch or an Ambassador Program for already purchased VC titles and remasters.
-Accessories (different Joy-cons, external battery, Pro controller, car accessories, additional docks...)
-250€/250$/29.000¥ Basic and 299€/299$/35.000¥ deluxe pack.
-Basic includes console with 64GB internal storage (I can dream lol), Dock, 2 joy-cons, one joy-con grip, HDMI cable, 2 USB-C cables (one short), 2 CA adapters (one small), a 64GB micro SD card.
-Deluxe has 128GB internal storage and 128GB micro SD card, and a game.
-March 17th worldwide release (that weekend). 2+ million shipped for those two weeks.
-New Amiibo: Zelda Botw, Cloud, Bayonetta, new IP etc...
-New Zelda BOTW trailer. Worldwide launch.
-Wii U Remasters: Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Xenoblade X, Splatoon. Not all at launch.
-New IP for launch, and some surprise (WaveRace, Metroid or something similar).
-Super Mario 3D game for summer, Retro game announcement, MonolithSoft new JRPG teased for next year, Platinum collaboration. Super Mario Maker 2 (not a remaster) teased.
-Some third party games: Skyrim, Resident Evil 7, some EA sports or Star Wars game, Batman Arkham collection, some Ubisoft games, some Square-Enix titles (other than DQX&XI), Tecmo-Koei, Sega, Atlus, Activision, Namco-Bandai... Maybe the rumoured Dark Souls Trilogy.
-Not many post-launch games showed, but a good amount of new announcements/teasers and the promise to show them at or before E3.
-Launch games will be shown in trailer form, maybe one or two will have a short demo, but they promise Treehouse stream, hands-on, and additional Nintendo Direct stream in the following days/weeks to detail the games properly so the presentation won't be too long. Also additional ND streams on VC, online, OS and package to follow.

Thraktor

- An achievement-like system will be introduced that is tied directly with My Nintendo accounts. Something similar to Super Mario Run.

This is a pretty good bet, and actually reminds me that there are a few OS details I can include as an addendum to my post above:

- Miiverse returns, although there's less focus on it
- Achievement-style system that rewards players with platinum My Nintendo coins
- Seamless cloud saves for all games, linked to Nintendo Account
- Twitch and Youtube streaming and Youtube video uploads
- 4K output for Netflix, etc. (but not games)

OP, I think you've got a great presentation lineup! I honestly won't even bother making my own after that! I'd just personally take away some of the "late 2017- early 2018" talk and add in stuff about the OS. There's no way they don't show off how that works.

Top Bottom