• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takashi Mochizuki: Capcom expects to sell 2mil copies of MVC:I, 1.5mil for MH World

What are you talking about? MHTri's ltd is 1.8 million and the only PS2 MH game released in the west is the first title and that doesn't count for obvious reasons.
I'd love to hear these obvious reasons then. Go on, enlighten me.

MHTri Ltd is a bit of a surprise, to be honest. Even then, Capcom is talkin about results before the end of the fiscal year. IE march 31 2018. World would have to outperform quite a few entries to reach that goal on console.

Even if it does a series low point it will still do 1.5m ltd. This is not even up for debate.
There's plenty of reason it is up for debate. I gave reasons for that in the quote. Saying that it isn't up for debate doesn't make it so.

GunBR

Maybe it's not Capcom expectations, but 1.5 mi for MH looks right IMO

The PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI probably isn't gonna reach 2 mi in Japan, so 1 mi there for Monster Hunter looks a realistic bet and I don't think the game will sell a lot in the rest of the world

Fiendcode

Even then, Capcom is talkin about results before the end of the fiscal year. IE march 31 2018. World would have to outperform quite a few entries to reach that goal on console.
No, it'd have to underperform pretty much every entry since the series blew up. Given World is a global launch here's how the other 3rd & 4th gen entries did their 1Q for both Japan and overseas.

Monster Hunter 3
Japan: 1,100,000
Overseas: 690,000

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Japan: 4,100,000

Monster Hunter 3G
Japan: 1,200,000
Overseas: 300,000 3DS, ~200,000 Wii U

Monster Hunter 4
Japan: 2,800,000

Monster Hunter 4G
Japan: 2,700,000
Overseas: over 1,000,000

Monster Hunter X
Japan: 3,200,000
Overseas: 800,000

Monster Hunter XX
Japan: 1,700,000

I think 1.5m is in the bag for MHW, and probably higher (my guess is 2m). The issue is really Capcom's target being that low. It just doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom