• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen finds body in river while playing Pokemon Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same thing I said yesterday. I'd better not find people wandering on to my lake property, because I'll be extremely pissed.

And I agree, this is going to get a lot of people into trouble and being in places they shouldn't be.

Wasn't this also the case with Ingress? People were distracted or wanted to claim private property and getting in trouble?

Now there's like a dozen warnings before it lets you play.

JABEE

Kids are finally going outside again. That body would have been found faster back when children went outside.

CISphil

Neo Member
Yup, thieves are going to have a buffet with all these people walking into secluded areas waving their cellphones around.

Just let 'em know, "You natu stellix phone or dewgong regret it". If that doesn't work, mew just gotta run for shellder. It'll be fine.

Lucumo

Are the Pokemon you can find in GO limited? Like, you go to a river, find a rare one and then someone catches it before you. Is that possible?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
250px-092Gastly.png

I burst out laughing at both of these lol.

I don't know if I want to play this right now. I'll probably get shot playing in my parent's neighborhood.

Seriously, after seeing a bunch of kids wandering around this evening playing Pokemon Go, I'm starting to get concerned about this thing. Dumb kids + paranoid folks is a bad combination.

.JayZii

Banned
That's crazy. She's going to have some messed up pokemon/death correlations from now on.

I get the feeling there is also going to be an uptick in dumb gaf threads now that people are going outside with Pokemon Go. That guy who was worried because he saw the moon in the sky during the day was only the beginning.

"I'm outside and it's almost nighttime. Anybody else seeing this weird, orangey yellow color in the sky? Should we be worried?"

DOWN

Banned
Go find a Pokemon under the highway
Go find a Pokemon in the alley behind the sex shop
Go find a Pokemon in your nearest quarry

FyreWulff

This is the same thing I said yesterday. I'd better not find people wandering on to my lake property, because I'll be extremely pissed.

And I agree, this is going to get a lot of people into trouble and being in places they shouldn't be.

It's the Pokemon's lake now

bjork

Kids are finally going outside again. That body would have been found faster back when children went outside.

I can confirm this. I found a dead guy when I was 10 and we didn't have cell phones back then. Nor pokemon.

katagai

Removed what I originally posted, was funny in my head for a minute and now after posting, I think I probably shouldn't have posted it. Sorry.

Blizzard

Banned
A Facebook friend's roommate apparently had a low-speed car accident playing this last night. It's already happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom