• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

When we fight online, I think we all rush to fight or only focus on watching when I kind of want tips and feedback. What I'm doing wrong etc. Or tell me here haha.

AAK

^^^
@Moonsault, Awesome Kunimitsu play brother!

As for advice, from watching yesterday (and I suffered from this as well) PUNISH, PUNISH, PUNISH, PUNISH! Sayah kept abusing Nina's b+1+4, d/b+3+4 along with Anna's f,f+3 and d/b+3. Those are all launch punishable but we never have the initiative to land them :( I know I get hesitant.

Also, know the range of your moves. Another thing I fail at sometimes. I use a long range attack thinking it will scrape him since I know if I get too close I'll eat something thanks to his top tier reactions. And in doing so I end up whiffing the move and he launches me regardless :(

Another thing I'd say is to have a great pressure game. It's really difficult for a character like Yoshi since he relies more on trickery than straight up pitbulling, but it's all about shutting options down. I have no idea how to specifically say for Yoshi, but it's best to check out match videos of it.

Also, Sayah plays Yoshimitsu in T6, so he knows a bunch of his shenanigans... however, I've never experienced him use his No Sword Stance all that much. Maybe you can use that to your advantage?

DEATH™;42004703 said:
Question though, if I return the extra copy, will the DLC code won't work anymore?

It's a one time input code, so I can't be redacted.

If you're asking about the future purchaser of the product, they won't be expecting DLC anyway, because it wasn't pre-ordered.

I feel like it's a win-win here. But it's up to you.

DEATH™

^
^
^
PM sent

Bro I got 2 codes, but I haven't returned the extra copy yet... I'm thinking that when you return the game, the code might expire even if it's not used...

But yeah... PM sent...

Sayah

^^^

Sayah kept abusing Nina's b+1+4, d/b+3+4 along with Anna's f,f+3 and d/b+3. Those are all launch punishable but we never have the initiative to land them :( I know I get hesitant.

hahaha. CSX was doing a good job punishing the reverse ivory cutter. Good games CSX. Really loving that Miguel+Armor King combination.

CSX

sayah made it seem nothing was punishable lol.

But man that was the first time i played against an amazing williams user.

then again, i dont have much player vs player experience at all. Never went to any tourney, no local players, and played 20 total online matches of T6.

I ate every feint sayah did. you just get so impatient and you know the original move minus the feint is punishable.

And i duck way too damn much.

btw AAK, when you do db3, ws4 with armor king, does the game sometimes do db3, n, 4 instead? It kept on doing that against Sayah for the first 4-5 matches.

And Sayah, it seemed that the game was lying about our 4 bar connection matches sometimes lol. Nevertheless, it was overall smooth. Characters just felt like they were ganryus lol.

EDIT : btw i swear i play better mishimas than what i showcased against that other guy. I hadnt touched any mishimas in two days so i was using the other guy to remember what moves they had

Sayah

^
Yeah, the way our matches were running was still waaaaay better than anything T6 could have offered. I'm really satisfied with the netcode.

Also, you still did an amazing job of punishing. Really amazed by how you were playing.

And AAK, router problems should be fixed now and we shouldn't have trouble connecting in the future (hopefully).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Three different Law/Law teams in a row on Ranked

I think I just found the Ryu/Ken of TTT2 lol

For a game with so many characters on the roster, it feels like I've played 10% of them since the game came out. :/

Pachimari

Guys add me, I'll get it in 3 hours.

PSN: Anastacio.

The first thing I'll do is to go through Arcade with all the characters individually to get a feel for each of them. I need to find a partner for my Jin Kazama.

Then I'll play Ghost Battles to unlock customizations and then I'll head to Fight Lab, then Practice, then Online. I'll probably do some online matches today and through the weekend anyway.

CSX

Guys add me, I'll get it in 3 hours.

PSN: Anastacio.

The first thing I'll do is to go through Arcade with all the characters individually to get a feel for each of them. I need to find a partner for my Jin Kazama.

Then I'll play Ghost Battles to unlock customizations and then I'll head to Fight Lab, then Practice, then Online. I'll probably do some online matches today and through the weekend anyway.

ill add ya. Do some Jin mirror matches ;)

I need to add AAK too. Lets see how a Canada to South Texas battle is like :)

Plus my AK needs improvement lol

Pachimari

To my surprise Jun fits me very well.

Anyway, apparently I have spent 3 hours on unlocking Jun and Jin's endings through Arcade lol. Those were disappointing. Anyway, awesome game, already equipped all the girls with bikinis! ;)

Pachimari

lol anastacio. you made a room called beginners only and someone with a disciple rank joins in xD
Yeah lol, it was my first time going online and I realize now beginners would join my room. Anyway I'm heading to bed soon anyway. Hopefully we'll get to play sometime soon. :)

CSX

Sorry boys. No copy, no lobby. In the meantime, I'll sing some karaoke and laugh at the fobs.

no one wants to see sayah destroy all of us anyways.

Although i believe you can put win limits on so you can ensure different matchups and whatnot :p

Pachimari

Haha sorry guys, Anastacio didn't realize what he was getting into when inviting me in the room :p
It was utter suicide throwing all newbies up against you lol.

I'm really digging Forest Law and JayCee. I also like Jun, Jin and Marshall of course.

But I really wanna slap some Williams sisters, bring em on Sayah. ;)

Sayah

It was utter suicide throwing all newbies up against you lol.

I'm really digging Forest Law and JayCee. I also like Jun, Jin and Marshall of course.

But I really wanna slap some Williams sisters, bring em on Sayah. ;)

I keep forgetting to add you. Will do this when I get on again.

Pachimari

I keep forgetting to add you. Will do this when I get on again.

Thank you.
You will tear me apart.

Are we doing a GAF team? Or are most of you joining SDTEKKEN? I'm just not good enough yet to be part of MarkMan's team and I don't wanna screw up their statistics.
Though I surely have a desire to become a professional at Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

Doomshine schooled me again. I could fool him in T6 a little due to lag but on Tag man ducks most highs on reaction against new character! Smh. Unstoppable.

I love Jun but they made some very debatable decisions designing her moves. She has billion short strings from,12,21,b+21 etc but none of them are natural combo not even counter hit. Then you have that ws142 string that does tonne of damage and is nc on normal hit... I don't know how they made that decision but I'd gladly exchange that combo to make some of her other strings at least nc on counter hit.

She has very few guaranteed strings, no good "fuck off" move, launchers suck imo, she doesn't have even a short uppercut. But pro is big juggle damage and awesome mixup potential.

....and ass...Dat ass. ;]

Doomshine schooled me again. I could fool him in T6 a little due to lag but on Tag man ducks most highs on reaction against new character! Smh. Unstoppable.

I love Jun but they made some very debatable decisions designing her moves. She has billion short strings from,12,21,b+21 etc but none of them are natural combo not even counter hit. Then you have that ws142 string that does tonne of damage and is nc on normal hit... I don't know how they made that decision but I'd gladly exchange that combo to make some of her other strings at least nc on counter hit.

She has very few guaranteed strings, no good "fuck off" move, launchers suck imo, she doesn't have even an short uppercut. But pro is big juggle damage and awesome mixup potential.

....and ass...Dat ass. ;]

Dat ass is all we need. It looks especially good in the formal pants customization item.

Has anyone found any uses for King's new moves? I'm looking at you, Markman.

I've been crouch dashing into WS+2,2. It seems to come out quick enough, but the damage isn't great. I would rather crouch dash into a WS+4 and buffer a GS. Only using the first hit of WS+2 has too much recovery to try a throw after.

CD+4 is just too slow to be useful for me. The CH stun is great, but I have no setups for it.

As for d+1+2, I've tried to sidestep into it, but it's range is terrible and it's slow.

I know I've asked this before, but what is the shoulder button etiquette at tournaments for Tekken? Is it understood and expected that people need to take a 15 seconds to set them before the match? Or is it frowned upon? I own 5 joysticks of varying types, but I just don't see how people play Tekken with them. Much appreciation to those that do.

Doomshine

Good games GrayFox, I had a smile on my face all the time, the netcode is so damn good-

I had so much fun playing today. Probably the least frustrated I have been playing an online fighter ever, everyone who tried to cheese me got destroyed.

Went 20-0 in ranked and got up 2nd Dan, feels good man.

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/doomshine

EDIT: Damn, we played 21 matches GrayFox? It's been a while since a game made me lose track of time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Has anyone found any uses for King's new moves? I'm looking at you, Markman.

I've been crouch dashing into WS+2,2. It seems to come out quick enough, but the damage isn't great. I would rather crouch dash into a WS+4 and buffer a GS. Only using the first hit of WS+2 has too much recovery to try a throw after.

I think WS+2,2 is great actually. It's actually my go to move for when I'm in netsu/rage. See how much damage WS+2,2 does then! Actually, when I have the opportunity to land WS+2,2, I'll do that over WS+4 (as a low block punish).

d+1+2 I only do if I know it's free (on a tagging in opponent).

His CD+4 I don't even use. However, it has it's merits. It being safe helps a lot. So it's not that bad of a move.

GrayFoxPL

Good games GrayFox, I had a smile on my face all the time, the netcode is so damn good-

I had so much fun playing today. Probably the least frustrated I have been playing an online fighter ever, everyone who tried to cheese me got destroyed.

Went 20-0 in ranked and got up 2nd Dan, feels good man.

http://wtf.tekken.com/playercard/view/psn/doomshine

EDIT: Damn, we played 21 matches GrayFox? It's been a while since a game made me lose track of time.

Yeah netcode is awesome.

I see you winning tournies, easily.

Jun, Michelle and Nina.

Reverse aging though.

Mmm..Yesh.

I made sluty secretary/teacher Jun ...with a gun.

Doomshine ducked it.

He ducks bullets man! Fuck this shit!

And this is why we need the save screenshot feature back. Now I gotta go and try to my slutty teacher Jun too. I got her and Angel looking like 1930's gangstas with them fedoras and revolvers.

CSX

i volunteer to make the team in the OT. Just need the name and ill start inviting all the people on psn matchgroup

I won't join the team for now, I'm practising to be a better fighter.

Honestly, as long as you have a good connection, I don't think it matters how great your tekken skills are. There are no overall group championships to win. And if there are, then people are free to join other groups.

The GAF group should be all-inclusive.

Also, I've decided to change the annoying music on the Christmas stage to Tootsee Roll. You youngins can look that one up.

Top Bottom