• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

GrayFoxPL

are you talking about online only or just in general?

Mostly online as inputs are delayed so it makes it even harder. This never happened pre T6 but on this game many Jin players ranted about messing up b,f+2 input. I think T6 demands more precise input.

CSX

Mostly online as inputs are delayed so it makes it even harder. This never happened pre T6 but on this game many Jin players ranted about messing up b,f+2 input. I think T6 demands more precise input.

The common solution is to do bbf.

I remember reading about that years ago on TZ. A filipino player just raging about all the dropped bf212s back on vanilla t6. Hilarious.

Hellix

Two days until TTT2 comes out, and I still don't know who to use for my partner. Leaning toward Armor King obviously but not really comfortable with him.

Online ewgf on any type of reaction is impossible to rely on. Online T6 is terrible, as has been described plenty of times. The forecast for TTT2 is promising, so don't quit practicing.

GrayFoxPL

The common solution is to do bbf.

I remember reading about that years ago on TZ. A filipino player just raging about all the dropped bf212s back on vanilla t6. Hilarious.

won't bbf backdash me before execution or do you mean buffering bbf?

CSX

won't bbf backdash me before execution or do you mean buffering bbf?

pressing the bb fast (i play on pad) does it for me. You can also do something like Bf. Basically you need to tell the game that you fukking pressed back lol.

Talking about this makes me miss the DR days. Never had this problem

CSX

Lastly, if you mess up and end up doing a f2 instead, you can somewhat save the juggle by doing b21 b21 and pray for a wall splat.

Sayah

I do not want this thread to die. Can this thread continue being used for Tekken news that is non-Tag 2 related? As in, this can serve as the general Tekken thread?

After Tag 2, there will be TKXSF news coming out later and I'm sure this place will be great to continue news/discussion on future Tekken team projects.

Degen

Two days until TTT2 comes out, and I still don't know who to use for my partner. Leaning toward Armor King obviously but not really comfortable with him.
yeah, I main King now and wanted to team him with AK for TTT2, but forget it. He does okay online, but all I can do is cartwheel, moonsault, and throw out pokes. His juggles have nothing on King or Bryan in terms of damage versus ease. Plus, King/AK is a team that everyone is going to use, which kinda bugs me personally

banking on picking Jinpachi, Ogre, Ancient Ogre, possibly Jaycee, possibly Dragunov or just sticking with my old main Bryan

Dereck

yeah, I main King now and wanted to team him with AK for TTT2, but forget it. He does okay online, but all I can do is cartwheel, moonsault, and throw out pokes. His juggles have nothing on King or Bryan in terms of damage versus ease. Plus, King/AK is a team that everyone is going to use, which kinda bugs me personally

banking on picking Jinpachi, Ogre, Ancient Ogre, possibly Jaycee, possibly Dragunov or just sticking with my old main Bryan
I know a little sumin sumin with Bryan as you've noticed last night, any tips to get better with him?

Also, should I try to learn Feng?

Degen

sebastian is in this game. REAL DID SHIT JUST GET

I know a little sumin sumin with Bryan as you've noticed last night, any tips to get better with him?

Also, should I try to learn Feng?
Honestly, I don't think I ever did much with Bryan that you don't already do. All I ever did was mix up a few good moves and launchers, and it worked a lot more than it should have. I want to bring King to a level that my Bryan could never get to because of how predictable I was with him

As far as Feng goes, I think you'd do well using him if you wanted to. Just make sure you don't try to play different types of characters in the same way, of course. I figure that your current strategy is to punish as soon as it looks remotely possible and throw out jabs and quick strings to prevent retaliation. You're a Bob player running from the truth lol j/k

Dereck

sebastian is in this game. REAL DID SHIT JUST GET

Honestly, I don't think I ever did much with Bryan that you don't already do. All I ever did was mix up a few good moves and launchers, and it worked a lot more than it should have. I want to bring King to a level that my Bryan could never get to because of how predictable I was with him

As far as Feng goes, I think you'd do well using him if you wanted to. Just make sure you don't try to play different types of characters in the same way, of course. I figure that your current strategy is to punish as soon as it looks remotely possible and throw out jabs and quick strings to prevent retaliation. You're a Bob player running from the truth lol j/k
Wow man, thanks for the insight.

Hellix

I might try Lili or Paul if AK doesn't pan out for me. Or, I'll take out one of the new characters for a test drive.

Pachimari

I do not want this thread to die. Can this thread continue being used for Tekken news that is non-Tag 2 related? As in, this can serve as the general Tekken thread?

After Tag 2, there will be TKXSF news coming out later and I'm sure this place will be great to continue news/discussion on future Tekken team projects.

I think this thread will also be used for matches and discussing move sets etc.

1 more day guys, 1 more day.
4 more days... here in Europe. :(

And I think I might get the promotional copy later than Friday, so I'm contemplating just buying the WAT edition. But if I don't get the WAT edition, I would get a Hori Pro V3 arcade stick.

Damn, the character
Doctor B.
should have the
Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu
costume as an alternative.
I think the alternate costumes will be paid DLC, especially since some of the old alternates were in the arcade version and have been taken out of the console version from what I can tell.

Pachimari

I just went through the whole command list of Bob and Lili in Tekken 6. I did them all besides one 10-hit combo but at least I know I'm capable, optimism hehe. Also got to practice some parrying with Jin and Law, as I discovered I could fight with the CPU in Practice.

Seriously, it have been a long time since I had T6.

GrayFoxPL

This thread is my shrine of peace.

Finally preordered Tag2. Sadly no dlc. I just hope I can get it on Friday instead next Monday.

CSX

I think the alternate costumes will be paid DLC, especially since some of the old alternates were in the arcade version and have been taken out of the console version from what I can tell.

either that or you gotta buy them in-game as customizations. Arent they doing that with 2p costumes for this game? Or that just the arcade version?

KerryFigs

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone in the states got this but I received a call from Anna Williams saying to pick up my copy of TTT2 tomorrow. Nice promotion there from Gamestop and Namco.

Anna Williams just called me telling me that my copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is ready for pick up, and that I should stop by GameStop tomorrow morning to pick it up. Nice.

I wish I could have recorded it, though. It was the sexiest phone call I ever got. :(

(And after having this open for awhile, I now realize that a bunch of other people here got the same call, too...but I was kind of expecting that. Hah.)

Anyway, to kill time while waiting for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I'm playing all of the previous games, starting from the beginning.

P9100421.jpg

I'll never get tired of the awesome CG character select screen animations.

I love the old school backgrounds in Tekken 1&2.

Yeah, they're really nice, and very detailed for the time. The accompanying music is also damn great, too.

I'm really having a blast playing them again...though, it hasn't really been that long since I last played them. But still, it's a blast! Haha.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, they're really nice, and very detailed for the time. The accompanying music is also damn great, too.

I'm really having a blast playing them again...though, it hasn't really been that long since I last played them. But still, it's a blast! Haha.

Yeah would be cool if they added them to Tag2 with online play just for fun.

I know they are in T5 but still.

either that or you gotta buy them in-game as customizations. Arent they doing that with 2p costumes for this game? Or that just the arcade version?
I checked the 2P's I knew to be available in the arcade (Heihachi, Steve, Hwoarang, Paul) and they're not in the store to be purchased. It's possible that they are unlockable somehow but I don't think so.

I just created a new PSN account: devastator_TTT2

Since my brother and I share TheMadnessBeast account and will probably be alot more active online beacuse of TTT2 I created a new account so we dont accidentally sign each other out if we are playing an online match. Its also a precautionary measure in the rare chance the online pass will not work on 2 PS3's despite being under the same account.

devastator_TTT2 will strictly be for TTT2 but dont be shy to send a fight request to TheMadnessBeast as well. Unless you see both accounts online, more often that not it will probably be me playing haha. My bro is real chill and is legit at Tekken, he will probably be playing Paul/Alisa. I'll add Sayah and AAK in a bit and for anyone in North America feel free to add me. I'll be rocking some combnation of Jun/Miguel/Angel.

Once I get comfortable with the game I'll add my name to the google doc list in the OT. Hopefully I wont be as nervous playing more people then.

Pachimari

I just created a new PSN account: devastator_TTT2

Since my brother and I share TheMadnessBeast account and will probably be alot more active online beacuse of TTT2 I created a new account so we dont accidentally sign each other out if we are playing an online match. Its also a precautionary measure in the rare chance the online pass will not work on 2 PS3's despite being under the same account.

devastator_TTT2 will strictly be for TTT2 but dont be shy to send a fight request to TheMadnessBeast as well. Unless you see both accounts online, more often that not it will probably be me playing haha. My bro is real chill and is legit at Tekken, he will probably be playing Paul/Alisa. I'll add Sayah and AAK in a bit and for anyone in North America feel free to add me. I'll be rocking some combnation of Jun/Miguel/Angel.

Once I get comfortable with the game I'll add my name to the google doc list in the OT. Hopefully I wont be as nervous playing more people then.

Ill add you.

By the way guys, was it a LUYG video that explained all the get-up methods? I'm really gonna practice that part of my game in Tekken 6 today.

Ken

So I picked up TTT2 and have 0 idea where to begin. This will be the first Tekken game I actually try to learn rather than just mash so I was wondering what would be a good beginner's guide to read up on? Stuff like button layouts, notations, systems unique to Tekken, etc. would be most helpful.

Pachimari

Guys, the World Tekken Federation site is partly up now.

Are we doing something about a Team?

So I picked up TTT2 and have 0 idea where to begin. This will be the first Tekken game I actually try to learn rather than just mash so I was wondering what would be a good beginner's guide to read up on? Stuff like button layouts, notations, systems unique to Tekken, etc. would be most helpful.
AAK's guide at Avoiding The Puddle. Also Level Up Your Game channel.

danmaku

The Level Up Your Game guys will do a quick overview of every character in a daily stream, so check their twitch/youtube channel until your favs show up. Their super detailed guides in T6 were awesome, but with TTT2's gigantic roster it would've been impossible to cover everyone in a reasonable amount of time.

LowParry

So I'll probably be playing this most of the day today. I'm not sure when I'll hit up online yet but eventually. I think I'll pick up a new character and stick with Xioayu/Leo/Heihachi for the day. Maybe.

Sayah

Umm......I put in the codes. Kunimitsu and Ancient Ogre aren't unlocked for me. Only Angel and Michelle. Really Gamestop?

Edit: NVM. I got them.

THIS GAME IS SO GORGEOUS.

And WTFFFFFFF. They nerfed Nina's slap. I can't do juggle damage from it anymore. :mad:

I'll try to find you later today. Our T6 matches from the other day were fairly laggy, so I think playing today would be a good test of the new netcode.

Top Bottom