• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

AAK

Tekken 6 BR OST came out one year after the arcade release. But I don't expect the TTT2 soundtrack to be released anytime soon. Namco plans to keep adding stages throughout the lifecycle through automatic updates which will probably have their own unique music tracks as well. So I don't expect an OST until the complete console port (not prologue) will finally be revealed. (Something tells me that Kunimitsu might be a console exclusive)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:T67RCSMVMGWVXOFF4B7TDPWAI7F7APQI&tr=http://cpleft.com:2710/announce&dn=Tekken.Busters.S01E01.20120510.SDTV.x264-CP.mp4

Sayah

AAK said:
Dark/Corrupted Namek Stage DIRECT FEED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mLCIl4gfg

Oh man, this game looks too good. I wish I could play it :(
I thought the bright and flowery Namek stage looked good until I saw this. Dark Namek stage = officially best stage created in a fighter yet. I know some people were looking for that "atmospheric" music from Tekken 2. This one is just PERFECT. All the purple also reminds me of poison valley from Demon's Souls. OOOOOO, what I would do to get my hands on this game now.

shiroryu

First of all, great OP - thanks a lot, AAK. The gifs help a lot.

Jun is the hottest MILF in fighting games today, sad they killed her off post-T2.

Am hyped for this...also, am I the only one looking for a Scenario Campaign-like thing for TTT2? *ducks*

Sayah

Hey gifmastser (aka AAK), create more gifs for meh. :D
From this video, from 1:23 to 1:31 as one gif and from 2:02 to 2:16 as another. Would be greatly appreciated if you are able to.

AAK

I'm no GIFmaster LOL. I chose the easiest method and software to do it. the GAFers who use photoshop and such that know how to properly manipulate are true MASTERS :p

But regardless, BOOM & BOOM & for fun BOOMB!

And to keep adding things to this thread... behold already how crazy Tag Assaults are on day 3 of Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

iTnLZChJ7n3vN.gif

And what appears like a direct feed tournie play(WARNING: TERRIBLY annoying commentary):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17325542

Pachimari

Insanity (!).

I have been playing this series from the very start, but mostly casually. It wasn't before Tekken 5, that I tried getting more into it, and with this, I'll take an even closer look.

hawt

AAK said:
To those that have a niconico account:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15630328

The Debug test stage from the MLG demo! Plus a hilarious Jinpachi custom.
For those of you without a NicoNico account:

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

To use it, just copy and paste the url of the video into the search bar. Enjoy!

AAK said:
And what appears like a direct feed tournie play(WARNING: TERRIBLY annoying commentary):

Dat voice... :| LOL.

Monocle

That music...hnnnnnnnnnnnnng! Every track I've heard is amazing. My favorites are from the fountain and corrupted levels.

AAK

$60 - Current Release date November 22

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/tekken-hybrid-limited-edition/95530

Tekken Hybrid, a PS3 exclusive contains:

• Tekken Tag Tournament HD
  • Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D The Movie
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue
  • A physical art book containing art from Tekken Hybrid, production stills from Tekken
  • Blood Vengeance, character renderings and more.
  • 2 full length music CDs containing fan favorite tracks from Tekken Tag HD and Tekken Tag 2
  • PSN Home content: Tekken themed costumes and accessories

Bolded = :D :D :D :D :D

Flying Wonkey said:
Turns out the stage is called 'Strategic Space".

And its only selectable via random select.

Looks like it has all stagey features like wall break, floor break, balcony break etc.

Vids in action:

Great Find!

Strategic space reminds me of Portal's test chambers. Neat. How cool would that be if there was a portal on either wall and smashing an opponent through one made them fly out the opposing hole? Holy shit.

notworksafe

Bah. :( Well probably no Hybrid for me. I've already got TTT in Cab and PS2 form to play. Don't need another version.

Thanks for the info.

Sayah

AAK said:
I'm no GIFmaster LOL. I chose the easiest method and software to do it. the GAFers who use photoshop and such that know how to properly manipulate are true MASTERS :p

But regardless, BOOM & BOOM & for fun BOOMB!

And to keep adding things to this thread... behold already how crazy Tag Assaults are on day 3 of Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

iTnLZChJ7n3vN.gif

You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Also really awesome Nina and Anna gif there. Thanks. :D

And wow wow wow at that Kaz and Jinpachi combo. As if Tekken wasn't already so stylish. Can't wait to see what I can do with my Nina + Anna team.

AAK

^^^
No problem! :)

Kabuki Waq said:
Do you guys think Tekken tag hd will be 3d as well?

Nope just prologue that is going to be in 3D. And I remember you asked about TTT2 being in HD or not, but in some bad news, TTT2 in arcades alone already lowers its resolution everytime an extra character enters into the field of play:

P1960708_m.jpg

All from this technical presentation from a conference here.

So I would expect the same but even further compensations for consoles :(

AAK said:
^^^

Nope just prologue that is going to be in 3D. And I remember you asked about TTT2 being in HD or not, but in some bad news, TTT2 in arcades alone already lowers its resolution everytime an extra character enters into the field of play:

P1960708_m.jpg

SFIV did the same thing I think whenever ultras were activated. I honestly don't mind since it happens so fast I can't even sit down to dissect it.

sn00zer

AAK said:
^^^

P1960708_m.jpg

Is there a translation of this? Love articles about game development

AAK

Kabuki Waq said:
Do you guys think Tekken tag hd will be 3d as well?

Ignore what I said previously, Apparently TTT1 will also be in 3D according to Rip from Level Up Your Game. He's quite reliable but I'm still a bit skeptical because I only remember Harada explicitly mentioning TTT2 Prologue while he was testing for 3D. But I don't know yet, keep on the look out and I'll definitely update the thread when I get more info :)

sn00zer said:
Is there a translation of this? Love articles about game development

Not as far as I know :( And it some pretty technical stuff there as well, Kane over at Tekkenzaibatsu.com knows a little bit of Japanese and even he requested some users there to translate some things for him.... so I don't think google or babelfish translations will cut it unfortunately.

AAK said:
^^^

P1960708_m.jpg

That's higher than resolution than T6BR was, but man, even at optimal settings it's still sub-HD.

I wonder if the console versions will be downgraded from that too considering System 369 is more powerful.

Looking forward to the pixel counters assessment of TTT2 Prologue

AAK

I personally don't notice if something is sub-HD or not; i.e I thought Ratchet and Clank: ACiT looked better than UC2 and then everyone in GAF told me it was sub-HD to achieve that level of fidelity... but I really had no clue. If it's like the IGN footage, I'm perfectly satisfied honestly :)

And I finally finished the OP, just completed the sections detailing walls and for now and I suppose I can keep updating it when more new info comes out.

The next big "patch" what looks like appears to be released on Oct. 6 which I guess includes the 2P outfits (and maybe some stages). Hopefully, the Korea/Australia/Asia Pacific countries will get it by then as well.

EDIT:

NEW TRAILER!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=250608584976887

Doomshine

Wow. As someone who disliked 6 and started having little faith in Tekken, I said holy shit. Looks amazing.

Hopefully since it has taken so long, and no one has seen them, the alts are completely new designs OR throwbacks to old designs. I'm actually kind of miffed that I haven't seen any old design style customizations.

AAK said:
Stuff like this always makes me wonder why developers don't set their priority on resolution and fps with everything onscreen first, THEN start to optimize from there. Why optimize for 2 characters onscreen and downgrade as they add more of them?!

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
^^^

P1960708_m.jpg

Honesty! Look guys - honesty in game presentation!

Good move Namco, you did "in before" pixel counters.

AAK, do you have source vid from that "Kazpachi" gif?
Oh and Kaz has Omen TGF? Woah.

Top Bottom