• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

TGMIII

So what's the deal with the console release for TTT2, will we be waiting as long as we did for DR or are they planning to have it out sooner?

I'm aware it's not even finished for arcades yet but I can dream about it actually coming out within the next two years, right?

LowParry

awwyeahgurrl said:
So what's the deal with the console release for TTT2, will we be waiting as long as we did for DR or are they planning to have it out sooner?

I'm aware it's not even finished for arcades yet but I can dream about it actually coming out within the next two years, right?

Unless they plan to do in arcades a "TTT2: Blood Rebellion" type of update, we should see it out next year some time.

awwyeahgurrl said:

Should be out in a year.

Prologue looks great.

LowParry

Doomshine said:
Final stage looks cool, I hope you can fight in it in VS too. Maybe a new random select only stage?

Could be. There can be plenty additions from the arcade to the console.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I thought I was being smart by going to a non-Tekken arcade to get some TTT2 practice in before hitting one of the big Tekken spots.

So I go to "Hey" arcade in Akihabara... Get up to the floor with TTT2 machines... I see Yuu from NoRespect (one of the top players in the country) and Nobi (definitely contender for best)... And they proceed to destroy me 20-25 games straight.

lol.

I learned a lot :D

MarkMan said:
I thought I was being smart by going to a non-Tekken arcade to get some TTT2 practice in before hitting one of the big Tekken spots.

So I go to "Hey" arcade in Akihabara... Get up to the floor with TTT2 machines... I see Yuu from NoRespect (one of the top players in the country) and Nobi (definitely contender for best)... And they proceed to destroy me 20-25 games straight.

lol.

I learned a lot :D
Was Nobi playing Dragunov?

I remember mentioning this in another Tekken thread, but I'm going to do it again here. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 should take a page out of Virtua Fighter 4's book, but at the same time improve that same concept.

BsNXH.jpg

Who remembers playing on the old Virtua Fighter 1 stages with the old VF1 character models in VF4? I would love to be able to do something similar in TTT2 and the possibilities are endless. I'm incredibly nostalgic for the old PS1 games so a feature like this would be lovely to me.

Imagine being able to once again play as the Tekken 1 Marshall Law with his mouth permanently open:
07r7n.jpg

8FVq9

as Yoshimitsu in his pimp Tekken 2 outfit:
4gnZm.jpg

d4bHw

or even a Combot skin for Mokujin?:
lQ9BT

the possibilities are endless. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has nostalgic feelings for all of the older Tekken games. and it doesn't even have to stop at the character models. imagine being able to play on classic Tekken stages. I saw that in TTT2 they brought back the Fiji theme (or Roger's Tekken 2 theme) which is cool and all, but they need to bring back the whole shebang!

sjo4u.jpg

Monument Valley from Tekken 1. It had the dopest music too.

240px-Building.jpg

I know it would probably be a little bit harder to implement stages from Tekken 4 (since it's not just an infinite background and a wallpaper) but imagine if they brought back the Rooftop stage with the music and all.

I feel like a hyped up pitchman right now hahaha....I hope someone from Namco sees this. I can't be the only one nostalgic for some old school Tekken. Ever since I saw what VF4 did with the nostalgia, I've always imagined what it would be like to take it one step further in the Tekken universe.

AAK

A lot of people have requested it constantly to Harada on his twitter to the extent where he got pretty frickin annoyed lol.

He basically said that the team would have to remake it completely for the Tag2 system since what was done before won't be compatible now. And then he basically ended up saying that he'd rather just use the resources to make new content or HD-update it like in TTT2 rather than reproduce those old 32 bit stages.

AAK said:
A lot of people have requested it constantly to Harada on his twitter to the extent where he got pretty frickin annoyed lol.

He basically said that the team would have to remake it completely for the Tag2 system since what was done before won't be compatible now. And then he basically ended up saying that he'd rather just use the resources to make new content or HD-update it like in TTT2 rather than reproduce those old 32 bit stages.

aw man, that just makes me sad =(

did he say that about the stages only? or was he talking about the character models too?

I still say to this day T4 was the the strongest moment of forming a persona of style for the Tekken series.

The dark mood and sketch art were perfect IMHO, just too bad it was on one of th elesser faves in the series.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-9V-UmibbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60NiIt-IB8

So much information is coming through. I think I'm going to take a break.
Watching this without sound so not sure how the music for that stage is but the stage itself looks amazing. The transformation from bright and colorful to dark and gloomy with Unknown showing up = amazing effects.

Flying Wonkey said:
That is looking far too amazing. Just noticed that Alisa has more bounding options with her chainsaw attacks now. Those laser combos with the two devils.....really rad.

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
I still say to this day T4 was the the strongest moment of forming a persona of style for the Tekken series.

The dark mood and sketch art were perfect IMHO, just too bad it was on one of th elesser faves in the series.
I loved Tekken 4. Not sure why it's not as much of a favorite as the others but it did help Tekken gather a good personality for itself. The character models and stages were very vibrant and I don't think any other Tekken has Heihachi in sumo-esque gear. The decrease in the character roster with Tekken 4 is the only negative I see.

AAK

Looks to me like none of you guys were on the receiving end of T4 Jin :p

But I have to disagree with the personality part, IMO, the original Tekken Tag did it the strongest with its color scheme and especially the music. T4 IMO definitely leveled up the story aspect of the game but when it butchered the movement, it took such a soulful aspect of the series that no matter what they added (walls, uneven stages, wall push, etc.) it wouldn't compensate that cavity.

But what I heartily, heartily, heartily miss from T4... is Yoshimitsu's ability to steal moves. That was a major bummer :(

GrayFoxPL

Sayah said:
I loved Tekken 4. Not sure why it's not as much of a favorite as the others but it did help Tekken gather a good personality for itself. The character models and stages were very vibrant and I don't think any other Tekken has Heihachi in sumo-esque gear. The decrease in the character roster with Tekken 4 is the only negative I see.

I have much sentiment for T4, the style, colors, arenas, music, costumes, innovations and new moves, but you really don't know why it was hated? Well it was broken, various glitches, arena infinites, Lee's block stun infinites, broken Jin that was god tier, after him was S-tier Steve then nothing and nothing and nothing and...nothing.
It was a first buggy and unpolished tekken and that people couldn't forgive.

I'm still sad it failed, because I liked the new direction. If only they would patch it back then.
Due to rage of gamers they went back on safe route with further installments.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tekken now too, but the series would look insanely different and exciting today if T4 was a success.

I'm salty still about Tekken 4. They had the chance to fix Jin for the home release. WTF.

I love Tekken 4. I love the art, stages, vibe and feel of it. Balance ruined and killed it (as it should).

Tekken 4 and VF3 were forks in the road I wished were continued on. O wells.

Sayah

AAK said:
Looks to me like none of you guys were on the receiving end of T4 Jin :p

But I have to disagree with the personality part, IMO, the original Tekken Tag did it the strongest with its color scheme and especially the music. T4 IMO definitely leveled up the story aspect of the game but when it butchered the movement, it took such a soulful aspect of the series that no matter what they added (walls, uneven stages, wall push, etc.) it wouldn't compensate that cavity.

But what I heartily, heartily, heartily miss from T4... is Yoshimitsu's ability to steal moves. That was a major bummer :(
Tekken Tag didn't really have a story being the side series it is. But yes, Tekken 4 really amazingly produced the story for each character and gave introductions as to why each one joined the tournament. As far as setting personality, I still feel the character models in Tekken 4 were some of the best the series has seen which played part in setting the personality of the series. Just felt a lot more vibrant.
http://tekken.neoseeker.com/w/i/tekken/thumb/7/71/Yoshimitsu_Tekken_4.jpg/250px-Yoshimitsu_Tekken_4.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11633/867219-lingt4art_super.jpg
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1885/341700-christie_monteiro_002_super.jpg
Also, military haircut FTW
http://picmool.nasey.com/images/131_tekken4ps2_003_large.jpg

TreIII

GrayFoxPL said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Tekken now too, but the series would look insanely different and exciting today if T4 was a success.

Well, who knows? Maybe Tekken x SF and/or Tekken 7 may be Harada and co.'s big chance to turn the page and try something different (again).

I mean, at this point, they're either going to have to be willing to experiment or they're going to risk possible cries of stagnation. As much as I didn't like Tekken 4 (it single-handedly decimated the Tekken scene I used to know!), I can respect that they were, at one time, willing to try something else in an attempt to keep things fresh.

AAK

T4 also played a very big role in killing arcades throughout America. After TTT's massive success, 100's of aracdes throughout the country heavily invested in multiple machines of Tekken 4 which in the very few continued to support. This being one of the many causes for a lot arcades to go bankrupt.

But I agree about the character art, it was "unique" for sure, in both the negative and positive sense. But when it came to environments, music, and overall presentation the original TTT is still by far more iconic than T4 for me.

Sayah

GrayFoxPL said:
I have much sentiment for T4, the style, colors, arenas, music, costumes, innovations and new moves, but you really don't know why it was hated? Well it was broken, various glitches, arena infinites, Lee's block stun infinites, broken Jin that was god tier, after him was S-tier Steve then nothing and nothing and nothing and...nothing.
It was a first buggy and unpolished tekken and that people couldn't forgive.

I'm still sad it failed, because I liked the new direction. If only they would patch it back then.
Due to rage of gamers they went back on safe route with further installments.

I played it more casually back then so I'm not sure of the glitches and tiers. Regardless of that, I played it quite a lot and loved all the models, art, stages, etc. Force mode was also the best in Tekken 4.

GrayFoxPL

TreIII said:
Well, who knows? Maybe Tekken x SF and/or Tekken 7 may be Harada and co.'s big chance to turn the page and try something different (again).

I mean, at this point, they're either going to have to be willing to experiment or they're going to risk possible cries of stagnation. As much as I didn't like Tekken 4 (it single-handedly decimated the Tekken scene I used to know!), I can respect that they were, at one time, willing to try something else in an attempt to keep things fresh.

I've been repeating this one thing like a mantra over years and I'll do it again.: Tekken Zero.

Story would center on young Heihachi(really young) How he bested his dad Jinpachi in a tournament and met Kazuya's mother Kazuo along the way.

We'd have new set of characters, non futuristic setting, a place for devs to do what they fuck they want.

Characters would own. Imagine frisky Youngster Heihachi, murderous Kazuo with the devil gene, young Wang Jinrei, maybe father of Williams sisters, Richard the badass Irish guy and very young, experience lacking rookie manji ninja Yoshimitsu, way before cyber modifications and the story how he came to be the Yoshi we all know and love.

I can't get it out of my mind.

AAK

A massive prequel for a fighting game where the majority of the cast aren't even contrived yet? LOL never thought of that. Only I'd be pretty scared about the roster.

But if you wanna go back in time, maybe the Tekken anime can come into play where we even have Kazuya's mother, Kazumi:

200px-Kazume_Mishima_(TTMP).jpg

Tekken 4 is still my favorite, even though it gets a ton of hate. I love that they really took steps in a different direction and didn't just make changes no one outside the series' hardcore fans would even get. Sure, it was in need of refining, but had they stuck with that path, it would have been one toned beast at this point. I'm glad Tag is back and they are doing what needs to be done with it, but I hope Tekken 7 brings some change. Some obvious changes and not just "series veteran" changes. Regardless, its an awesome series and I could play it for hours on end. So much awesomeness in there >.<

Sayah

abstract alien said:
Tekken 4 is still my favorite, even though it gets a ton of hate. I love that they really took steps in a different direction and didn't just make changes no one outside the series' hardcore fans would even get. Sure, it was in need of refining, but had they stuck with that path, it would have been one toned beast at this point. I'm glad Tag is back and they are doing what needs to be done with it, but I hope Tekken 7 brings some change. Some obvious changes and not just "series veteran" changes. Regardless, its an awesome series and I could play it for hours on end. So much awesomeness in there >.<
Tekken 3 and 5 would have to be my favorite in the series. But I loved Tekken 4 as well. So many good memories.

TreIII

AAK said:
T4 also played a very big role in killing arcades throughout America. After TTT's massive success, 100's of aracdes throughout the country heavily invested in multiple machines of Tekken 4 which in the very few continued to support. This being one of the many causes for a lot arcades to go bankrupt.

Sheesh, never looked it at quite like that. Though I guess it does make sense why, in hindsight, a number of the arcades that used to be close to me closed up shop by like 2002/03.

GrayFoxPL said:
I've been repeating this one thing like a mantra over years and I'll do it again.: Tekken Zero.

The Zero/Alpha thing again, eh? :lol

But hell, why not? Could be very interesting. And it's not like we don't have a Younger Heihachi already because of this game, so they could have an opportunity to just him again. Though I would wonder how they stand to keep so many people happy, with a number of characters not even having a feasible "ancestor" to work into the storyline.

AAK

hawt said:
Damn, that stage is hawt! Does anybody know if you can choose it or is it only available through random select like Hidden Retreat?

Yup this is selectable I believe, but the dark version of this stage (the one where you fight unknown) is only through random select

CcrooK said:
New voice actress for Ling? Sounds very different. It the same as the movie VO? And does she speak Chinese now?

I assume it's the same VA, just redone. And it's still Japanese judging by the character intro's.

LowParry

AAK said:
I assume it's the same VA, just redone. And it's still Japanese judging by the character intro's.

It's defiantly different. I'd figure since they're localizing all the other characters to their country, they'd do the same with Ling since she is Chinese.

hawt

AAK said:
Yup this is selectable I believe, but the dark version of this stage (the one where you fight unknown) is only through random select
Nice! That'll be my practice stage of choice once TTT2 rolls out onto consoles.

Top Bottom