• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

notworksafe

Sayah said:
I use Lili sometimes but I'm far from being actually really good with her. You should definitely maximize damage output with her with wall splats. Some examples here by Kane.

Edit: Here is part 2.
Awesome! Watching both now.

Is Scenario Campaign the only way to get fight money? It's kinda lame..

AAK

You do get fight money from playing Arcade mode, Ghost Battle, and Online Ranked/Player matches, but it pales in comparison to the money you can get in Scenario Campaign.

I believe Rolento figured out a way to spam a certain stage in scenario campaign for a lot of cash, but the easiest way for me was to simply pick a customizations that would multiply the value of the items you collect multiple fold and increase the chances for enemies to drop items. Then I play Bruce's stage again and again where they drop items non stop and sell them constantly for a lot of money.

But I usually play T6 offline now a days and I just play on arcade mode against a buddy when we play our long sets and whenever I win I get a nice 1k :)

Doomshine

Play the Mokujin stage for a lot of cash and items to sell. It's the golden mokujins you want, break the floor over and over to kill them quickly. Make sure that you are wearing items that increase money.

AAK

Currently working on describing the wall game... I dumbed it down to low wall splats, High wall splats, and wall stuns.... is that intuitive in your opinion guys?

Here's the gif I prepared:

ibpf31p9S1nHju.gif

It's so hard to describe because it's actually very variable but I guess this is the best way to summarize it.

Doomshine

Sounds alright, will you be covering side- and BT-splats as well? I guess they're kind of the same thing, you just have to adjust your combo.

AAK

Nah, that is a bit too advanced for the scope of this guide IMO, but thanks for the input regardless. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
45 minutes until the 14th here in Japan.

There's an arcade that closes around 4 AM that will be getting TTT2. I am so there. I'm going to go straight to work from the arcade, like a baws.

Lucky bastard. Well, I can't really call you lucky since you've worked your ass off to get where you are, so Ill just call you a bastard lol

Baws indeed

TreIII

Unknown's back, too? That'd be nice.

Ah well, Gundam Extreme Vs. should keep me occupied while I wait for this to get its port.

Can I just state, for the record, how much I dislike the American notation for these games? Why not use the Korean notation? This is where directional inputs are associated with keys on the number pad. It just seems so logical for the fact that it's used by every other fighting game community. In addition, Tekken is a four button fighter with an eight-way movement system. Whose idea was it to use less than half the numpad for buttons instead of most of it for directions? Logistically, who thought that was a good, efficient idea?

Okay, I think you face Jun first, then True Ogre, then Unknown.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/p9140143.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/p9140144.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/p9140149.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/p9140147.jpg/ - Boss 1
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/p9140145.jpg/ - Boss 2

I guess some people want this to be a suprise.

It's Jun in a happy stage. After you beat her once the world turns evil and Jun turns into Unkown. She has some very cheap moves which takes of 99% of your health.

Source: I just played it, guy next to me got that far, I got destroyed by someone else. <- The guy who uploaded the images.

AAK

Damn.....
Jun being the boss
came out of freiking nowhere! LOL

This is so exciting! I'm watching MarkMan's twitter like a Hawk! :D

AAK

According to TZ, people are not attempting anything new. Tag Assault to people is codenamed "drop your combo" assault at the moment. Things are very early. And Namco is still uploading customizations onto the machines via Tekken-net. Currently there are only 1-4 per character right now (which is what Namco did with T6 as well).

I'll keep this thread updated :)

Don't expect any direct feed anytime soon. The one arcade that regularly updated was Joybox and they shut down :(

branny

So all the rumors a long time ago about Jun being Unknown are true? Or did the rumors create this canon?

Erigu

It's no like it was pure speculation either:
Unknown always started with Jun's stance, I believe, right?
But she was referred to as a "girl" and I seem to remember there were illustrations of her in school uniform, so I don't think the connection was simply meant to be Unknown = Jun either...
Myself, I wouldn't be surprised if she was supposed to be Jin's cousin or something like that, and they recycled that idea into Asuka eventually...

Throavium

Erigu said:
It's no like it was pure speculation either:
Unknown always started with Jun's stance, I believe, right?
But she was referred to as a "girl" and I seem to remember there were illustrations of her in school uniform, so I don't think the connection was simply meant to be Unknown = Jun either...
Myself, I wouldn't be surprised if she was supposed to be Jin's cousin or something like that, and they recycled that idea into Asuka eventually...
People are raging over this whole ordeal.

GrayFoxPL

grap3fruitman said:
Can I just state, for the record, how much I dislike the American notation for these games? Why not use the Korean notation? This is where directional inputs are associated with keys on the number pad. It just seems so logical for the fact that it's used by every other fighting game community. In addition, Tekken is a four button fighter with an eight-way movement system. Whose idea was it to use less than half the numpad for buttons instead of most of it for directions? Logistically, who thought that was a good, efficient idea?

Because it's fucking awful, thats why. Do people play with keypads?
It's counterintuitive and considers only 1p side. What's easier to catch in a glimpse? hcf or 41236? Wait that's 63214 for p2 side. So fucking efficient, really.
Normal tekken notation is not "American" it's what most if not all western world uses and you had mere 17 years to learn it.

And that keypad shit thankfully isn't used everywhere.

AAK said:
I believe Rolento figured out a way to spam a certain stage in scenario campaign for a lot of cash, but the easiest way for me was to simply pick a customizations that would multiply the value of the items you collect multiple fold and increase the chances for enemies to drop items. Then I play Bruce's stage again and again where they drop items non stop and sell them constantly for a lot of money.

Mokujin stage is the money maker, but you have to know what to do before heading in.

notworksafe

RelentlessRolento said:
Mokujin stage is the money maker, but you have to know what to do before heading in.
What do I do? :eek: Or is it just putting on item/money increasing gear?

Finally going to have time tonight to go grind some Scenario Campaign. Wish me luck!

GrayFoxPL

notworksafe said:
What do I do? :eek: Or is it just putting on item/money increasing gear?

Finally going to have time tonight to go grind some Scenario Campaign. Wish me luck!

This and when coming to closed "arena" constantly break floor with a bound move and collect the cash. Maybe I remember wrong but on hard mode there's more money?

Anyway easy way to score 7+ millions.

GrayFoxPL said:
This and when coming to closed "arena" constantly break floor with a bound move and collect the cash. Maybe I remember wrong but on hard mode there's more money?

Anyway easy way to score 7+ millions.
This, but you mainly only need to bound one of the three fat Zaibatsu dudes when you get to their floor. If you do that, youll for sure get golden mokujins which drop huge cash always (so load up on money and item drop boosters)

You cam score more items if you bound quickly on the breaking floors since one will have aliens if you are fasten enough

AAK

So the current selection of customizations right now is VERY limited, it looks like they're going to update the them completely when they go for the full pacific release in Korea/Australia/Phillipines/etc.

As of now every male has a generic suit, sportswear, Final Fantasy 8 Squall jacket, and karate gi:

jCXHCqLWaYlFa.jpg
j6sg5Tmo9FWOh.jpg
jfWhirgwPn8e4.jpg
jxpPXrvBEAspH.jpg

And all the girls have a suit, sports wear, waitress shirt, & snow coat:

jb0uPtsNGQlhlb.jpg
j0PLGhn3rWan3.jpg
j36R57ur3ztRy.jpg
jbu25GYKLRGDGM.jpg

Except for True Ogre though, his customization is by far the greatest!

http://k.minus.com/jEjmiccF17IA7.jpg

You can check them all out here, with some minor unique ones here and there:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=122013

Thanks to Kane / jay-kei / wogus

AAK

No, sorry, only T. Ogre.

EDIT: And also, only Miguel & Julia have new outfits in TTT2, the rest of the cast has their same default outfits from T6BR.

Top Bottom