• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Deps

Have been waiting for this game for a long time. Gonna start with Kazuya/something and lose for a month straight.

jbug617

Banned
claimed this

ipveYv4XHX9k2.png

mephie

Neo Member
Is it bad that I seriously want to buy this even though I'm just horrible at tekken?

There is nothing wrong with this at all. Tekken has always been enjoyable at all skill levels. I've been having a blast with the series since the PS1 days, and I still can't juggle worth a damn. Also, know that this thread will be full of resources and advice to help newcomers not suck at Tekken.

jbug617

Banned
I have to wait for the DLC, that $15 off on New Egg was too tempting to pass up. I'm going to roll with Zafina and probably Jun.

Glad they added so many new characters!

I hope they stepped up Feng Wei in this one. He's so fun and Virtua Fightery to use but I got owned by online Alyssas on a regular basis.

d0c_zaius

ok here are some impressions after messing around with arcade mode for about an hour.

-the game feels super fucking polished. its really nice.
-AI can be real nasty. but it felt like playing people not cheap cpu AI.
-motion blur (which can be turned off) doesnt bother me as much as it did with 6
-the personality in all the characters and their different costumes really comes through. its great to see some old animations have more oomph added to them
-music is super fucking good. such a wide variety but it all feels quality.
-beating arcade mode unlocks
a costume part, gold and a ending cgi
-jaycee and king are amazing
-its great that we finally have the technology to give True Ogre a true snake arm

It really feels like a sequel to tag and not just another release, especially with the final battle. I think I love this game.

web01

Do we know what the PS3 versions will be like this time?
Will both console versions have equal resolution loading times etc?
I would prefer to get it on PS3 because of the controller but not if it is the inferior version.

CSX

Do we know what the PS3 versions will be like this time?
Will both console versions have equal resolution loading times etc?
I would prefer to get it on PS3 because of the controller but not if it is the inferior version.

Markman says both versions are good. I dont think we will be getting the big ass resolution, graphics analysis till Digital Foundry. Loading times are fast on 360 however for ps3, you need to install 7.5 gb to get similar fast speeds

Arcade version was estenially being run on a beefed up ps3.

Amazing job on the OT! I can't wait till monday night. This game is packed with content! Looks to rival MK with the amount of things to do in it.

Awesome OT and I'm super pumped for this. Gonna be scrubbing it out on 360. I've lightly dabbled in Tekken in the past, but 6 was my first real one.

Looking forward to Asuka/maybe Jun or someone else. I want to try my hand at grapplers this time around after really digging Marduk in SFxT way back when.

Sayah

ok here are some impressions after messing around with arcade mode for about an hour.

-motion blur (which can be turned off) doesnt bother me as much as it did with 6
-the personality in all the characters and their different costumes really comes through. its great to see some old animations have more oomph added to them

It really feels like a sequel to tag and not just another release, especially with the final battle. I think I love this game.
I am so jealous.

But thanks for the impressions. :)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

So glad to hear that. So jealous too!

d0c_zaius

I hate you and your ability to get games early. -_-

whoa me AND my ability. thats serious. you better be getting ps3 version so we can play.

the background of the main menu flashes stuff on the screens, and it had an 8 bit hiehachi vs 8 bit Jin. Sooooo good.

ill post some minor combot mode impressions.

Top Bottom